Best robot vaccum?

3,705 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by babyshark
babyshark
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have had the Neato XV21 for several years but it's time to take it out back and shoot it.
Frisco
AG
Just recently got a Neato D3 and have been very happy with it. Does everything I need (don't care about the corner brush). Mapping, spot clean, no go lines are all avail in D3 now
redd38
AG
Willis
AG
We've got the Roomba 960 and really like it. Does well on carpet and hard surfaces. We got it on a pretty good deal during a Father's Day sale.
Hamburger Dan
The type that serves as a throne for cats to ride around and on.
Gulf Coast Aggie
AG
Willis said:

We've got the Roomba 960 and really like it. Does well on carpet and hard surfaces. We got it on a pretty good deal during a Father's Day sale.

We have a 960 as well and just bought another for the church. It does a great job. After 3 yrs at home the only thing i've Had to do is clean the charging contacts with a soft wire brush.
KidDoc
AG
I like my neato D5.

What is wrong with your D3? Did you replace the battery and deep clean it yet?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
babyshark
I don't have a D3, I've had the XV21 for about 6 years. I've replaced the battery & cleaned it. It runs for about 5 minutes and thinks it's done. 6 years is a good run.
TTUArmy

No robot vacuums.
Drawkcab
I don't have one, but I've researched them and I'm thinking about getting something similar to the Roborock S5 without the mopping feature. At first I really liked that it mops, but it's either mopping or vacuuming. It can't switch depending on what type of surface it's on.

What I do love is that it creates a map which you can see on your phone and edit if you need to. You can draw lines on the map and the vacuum won't cross them. It cleans in an efficient back and forth pattern (like mowing a lawn) and can pick up where it left off if it needs to stop to recharge.

My in-laws have a Shark. While I'm sure it's using some sort of algorithm to determine a path it looks completely random and looks like it's missing a lot of area.
Ginormus Ag
AG
They pretty much all suck.
Frisco
AG

D5 is on sale

https://slickdeals.net/f/12715819-best-buy-neato-robotics-botvac-d5-app-controlled-robot-vacuum-299-99-free-shipping?src=tdw
Brad_97
AG
Get a Eufy. Well rated and reviewed and a great price for what you get. Wife got one after much research. Just looking to vac w no crazy features - $200-$225 vs the big bucks Roomba.
B-1 83
AG
How do they react to running over animal skin rugs, especially those with tails?
Frisco
AG
There are some tassels on our entry rug and if they get run over the sensor can tell and it stops and sends a message to the app (and beeps) letting you know it has a problem.
bmc13
AG
that's why i schedule mine to go early, right after i leave for work. i had one incident with dog pee getting spread and thought running the roomba early would lower the chance of that happening again.
agz win
AG
You should drink less water when you get up, which should lesson your wetting issues.
Max Power
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
Our Eufy is absolutely horrible gets stuck on a half inch ledge of the rug constantly. It has way more power than our roomba but it is way more ******ed than our roomba.
Formerly tv1113
Drawkcab
tv1113 said:

Our Eufy is absolutely horrible gets stuck on a half inch ledge of the rug constantly. It has way more power than our roomba but it is way more ******ed than our roomba.

Oh look at me, I have two robot vacuum cleaners!
TexasRebel
AG
Roombas suck.
jay040
Bumping... How are the Neato models holding up? Looking at getting one soon, may try to hold out for Black Friday.

Stupid question - without the mapping capabilities, how do the cheaper robotic vacuums handle moving between bedrooms? We have a single story 3 bedroom house - would we manually move it to each room?
zephyr88
AG
The Roomba is kicking ass at our house.

We call him "Charles" (the butler).

The dogs are mesmerized.
Joe Exotic
AG
We had a small runner in our carpet and the iRobot made sure to turn it into a large patch of pulled up carpet in a matter of hours.
babyshark
Been waiting for a good price on this
https://www.woot.com/offers/eufy-boostiq-robovac-30c-robot-vacuum-with-wi-fi-4?ref=ref%3Dcnt_wp_0_1
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.