Why is a Toyota 4 runner considered a chick car?

12,372 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 62strat
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not up here in the north. I think it might be in Texas, because it makes sense to just have a quad cab truck.

Up here, a 4 Runner is way better. Best of both worlds. I would love to get into the 4 Runner market. Those things hold their value like no other.
Ragoo
AG
Sequoia >>>> 4Runner
aggieforester05
AG
2WD = Chick Car
4WD =/= Chick Car
Scoopen Skwert
AG
This is a chick vehicle.

aggiepublius
AG
Sniffing Accountant said:

Toyotas are chick cars
Land Cruisers, Prados, and Hiluxs all over the world are emerging from deserts, the Outback, rain forests and the sides of volcanos to laugh at your opinion. The Congo thread from the OB is trying not to spill its popcorn it's laughing so hard.

AW 1880
AG
I put 200k miles on a 4Runner. I am male. Not sure if that makes it a dude car.
quanah
aggiepublius said:

Sniffing Accountant said:

Toyotas are chick cars
Land Cruisers, Prados, and Hiluxs all over the world are emerging from deserts, the Outback, rain forests and the sides of volcanos to laugh at your opinion. The Congo thread from the OB is trying not to spill its popcorn it's laughing so hard.

Land Cruisers, we drove through all kinds of **** in this thing
cohibasymas
AG
Best friend's wife just bought a new 4Runner. That truck is incredible I would drive it any day and twice on Sundays. He bought a new Tacoma same day. His truck is great but the 4Runner is outstanding and 10x more practical.
Ferg
I remember seeing a 4 runner in the early 80s. It looked like they cut the backwall out of a pickup cab and welded on a camper and bolted down a bench into what had been the flatbed. Not refined but pretty cool. They were trying to respond to the baby blazer(s-10?) and bronco 2.
Ragoo
AG
Back in '05 I watched a 4Runner roll 3 times off of hwy 21. Driver walked away without more than a scratch and a little shock.
62strat
AG
aggieforester05 said:

2WD = Chick Car
4WD =/= Chick Car
pretty much every suv in Denver market is 4wd.
62strat
AG
Bo Darville said:

MouthBQ98 said:

No, she just has good taste in vehicles. No useless suburban mom mobiles.

Just saying women choose SUV because they are practical but NOT a minivan (or pretend not to be one like a highlander or pilot or CX7 or pathfinder, etc)

Unless someone truly lives in the boonies or tows, the only reason a mom would choose an SUV over a minivan is because of vanity.
also because of something called awd/ 4wd. We live where it's necessary, and there aren't many options in the minivan market. Only something like 15% of siennas produced are 4wd.
Are you saying a woman should just throw all her desired wants/options out the window and get the only available 4wd sienna on the lot?
The Fife
Bo Darville said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Just saying women choose SUV because they are practical but NOT a minivan (or pretend not to be one like a highlander or pilot or CX7 or pathfinder, etc)

Unless someone truly lives in the boonies or tows, the only reason a mom would choose an SUV over a minivan is because of vanity.

Shots fired!

And it's true BTW.
riverrataggie
AG
I still drive my Mitsubishi Eclipse
Aston04
AG
Nm
howdydamnit04
aggieaviator
AG
Low-end Camaro and Mustangs are chick cars.
aggieforester05
AG
aggieaviator said:

Low-end Camaro and Mustangs are chick cars.

So are small to mid size 2wd SUVs, front wheel drive anything (with a few minor exceptions for higher performance or diesel stickshift cars), and V6 chargers/challengers.
Buck O Five
AG
Hot chicks drive Jettas
Joe Exotic
AG
62strat said:

Bo Darville said:

MouthBQ98 said:

also because of something called awd/ 4wd. We live where it's necessary, and there aren't many options in the minivan market. Only something like 15% of siennas produced are 4wd.
Are you saying a woman should just throw all her desired wants/options out the window and get the only available 4wd sienna on the lot?

I think your situation would qualify as boonies. And for full disclosure my wife drives a BMW suv. It has no functional advantage over a minivan. None whatsoever. She wanted it purely because of vanity and shallow reasons, as most wives/mothers do when opting for an SUV.
Old Tom Morris
And I picked a wife with great legs and a nice pair of tits when some chubby chick with grooming issues would have served equally well as a sperm dumpster, but I chose the former for vain and shallow reasons.
Ragoo
AG
Bo Darville said:

62strat said:

Bo Darville said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I think your situation would qualify as boonies. And for full disclosure my wife drives a BMW suv. It has no functional advantage over a minivan. None whatsoever. She wanted it purely because of vanity and shallow reasons, as most wives/mothers do when opting for an SUV.
a mini van cannot tow my boat. My wife's Sequoia can.
Joe Exotic
AG
Ragoo said:

Bo Darville said:

62strat said:

Bo Darville said:

MouthBQ98 said:

a mini van cannot tow my boat. My wife's Sequoia can.

See the bolded part in my original post Einstein.
62strat
AG
Bo Darville said:

62strat said:

Bo Darville said:

MouthBQ98 said:

boonies? We live in Denver suburbs yo.

Joe Exotic
AG
Exactly
MouthBQ98
AG
Both...live in the country on acreage, own 4 trailers. **** the suburbs.

Actually, used to own a horse, wants to get one again. Probably also the time some idiot ran a red light doing 45 and t-boned the suburban, and she was able to drive the suburban after it got spun around 180 degrees by the impact. Its safer and does more things.
MouthBQ98
AG
AWD is not 4WD.

Part time low range FTW.
62strat
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

AWD is not 4WD.

Part time low range FTW.
That's why I said awd/4wd. most minivans don't have either.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.