A hot dog is a taco!

4,326 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BTHOB
unimboti nkum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Enter the Cube Rule, a simple way to categorize What Foods Are and What Foods Aren't. According to the Cube Rule, there are eight categories of food, each defined by the placement of starch. Use a cube as your guideline for where the bread or starch goes, and it will determine what a food truly is and whether it is a sandwich. Starch only on the bottom? It's a toast. Starch on the top and bottom that is not connected is, obviously, a sandwich. But starch on the bottom and two opposing sides is a taco. Therefore, a hot dog is a taco. And, to correct RBG, a sub is also a taco. Rolled starch on the top, bottom and two opposing sides is, according to the Cube Rule, maki roll sushi. Therefore, an enchilada is sushi. Starch on every side except the top, like a quiche, is a bread bowl. Any food fully enclosed in starch is a calzone. A corn dog is a calzone. A Pop-Tart is a calzone. A bean pupusa is a calzone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2018/12/12/a-hot-dog-is-a-taco-a-steak-is-a-salad-a-pop-tart-is-a-calzone-let-the-cube-rule-explain/?utm_term=.ba650184b5cf
Bruce Almighty
AG
Why are people so obsessed with categorizing things?
aTm2004
AG
So is your mom.
chipotle
I think this article makes it official. We have nothing left to talk about.
Claude!
chipotle said:

I think this article makes it official. We have nothing left to talk about.
I think Bonnie Raitt may have ideas on how to solve that issue.
Mucho austin
AG
I didn't read the article, but if a hot dog is a taco, why is sushi not an enchilada?
gibby03
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Because when they are a part of a group they feel special and when they aren't they can bi a tch about it. Simple math is simple math. I kid of course, maybe just a little.
Al Bula
AG
Don't buy into this garbage. Whoever designed the "Cube Rule" is nothing more than liberal Newspeak Ministry of Truth-worshipping weirdos who want to limit the ability to express tangible things. Simplifying food concepts is one way to do it.

This is confirmed by clicking one of the twitter links on that cube rule website. No need to call out the young lady's leftist leanings but she clearly fits the bill of someone who wants to dumb down humanity's ability to be creative outside of the approved liberal script.
Broba Fett
Ask yourself this, if you order some tacos and they bring you a hotdog, how happy are you going to be?
OCEN99
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I never really got the big deal about it either until I saw someone try to classify a burrito as a sandwich.
Not a Bot
AG
Mucho austin said:

I didn't read the article, but if a hot dog is a taco, why is sushi not an enchilada?

The article puts enchiladas in the sushi category.
aalan94
AG
Quote:

Blame Linneaus.
Mucho austin
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Mucho austin said:

The article puts enchiladas in the sushi category.

I know.

Why give Mexican food preferential treatment over a hot dog and not over Japanese.

Are they sayin Japanese>Mexican>American?

I need to know ther dining heirarchy here.

Why is it not a Wellington or is beef Wellington actually sushi?
MathNewman06
AG
Wellington is a calzone.
BTHOB
AG
A hot dog is NOT a taco. A hot dog INSIDE a bun may be a taco... But, a hot dog - on its own - is not a taco.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.