Knocking on door at 3am

6,906 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rshackelford
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weird stuff happens. This ~18-20 year old girl once randomly knocked on my door about 11pm one night. She had some story about not being from the area and she was looking for some friends but she was lost and her cell phone was dead. The whole thing seemed kind of off to me. She had a bit of mud on one of her jean legs but she didn't seem distressed or high. I looked to see if we had a compatible charger but did not. I let her use my phone to call some friends but this was before internet mapping was reliable and our house was on a side street so I ended up driving her down to a well lit corner gas station at intersection that would be easier to locate so her friends could find her more easily. It was pretty weird. I still can't figure out how she ended up way down at the end of the street I lived on.
The Lost
MouthBQ98 said:

Weird stuff happens. This ~18-20 year old girl once randomly knocked on my door about 11pm one night. She had some story about not being from the area and she was looking for some friends but she was lost and her cell phone was dead. The whole thing seemed kind of off to me. She had a bit of mud on one of her jean legs but she didn't seem distressed or high. I looked to see if we had a compatible charger but did not. I let her use my phone to call some friends but this was before internet mapping was reliable and our house was on a side street so I ended up driving her down to a well lit corner gas station at intersection that would be easier to locate so her friends could find her more easily. It was pretty weird. I still can't figure out how she ended up way down at the end of the street I lived on.
since she was of age... what did you get out of this on that drive?
MouthBQ98
AG
I got to retain 1/2 or more of everything I own by honorably conducting myself as a responsible adult.
Bocephus
AG
Junkhead said:

Botham Jean experienced that.

Allegedly
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Used to live in crappy 1 bedroom apartment about 20 yards away from a bar. Had a guy pound on my door at 2:30 AM on a Saturday. Asked the guy if I could help him.. He yelled "Is Christina there?"

I told him he had the wrong door and he then began to keep pounding on the door yelling "Christina come out here!"

I went and grabbed my shotgun from under the bed, went up to the door and cranked it so he could hear it clearly.... he stammered and ran away.

So yeah that was while in college and I would like to think I'd just call the police or something smarter today than provoking an unknown person to possibly come back for a fight with his own gun.
Slicer97
AG
TKN_Ags said:

and I would like to think I'd just call the police or something smarter today than provoking an unknown person to possibly come back for a fight with his own gun.

No sane person is coming back to have a gunfight with someone holding a shotgun, dude.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Slicer97 said:

TKN_Ags said:

and I would like to think I'd just call the police or something smarter today than provoking an unknown person to possibly come back for a fight with his own gun.

No sane person is coming back to have a gunfight with someone holding a shotgun, dude.
Yea but this guy was drunk.. It could have just pissed him off leading him to go to his truck to get a gun and come back for me.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Assuming the resident is sober, I still take him and his shotgun over Otis and whatever he's packing.
quanah
You know Charlie Walser? Has the place east of Sanderson? Well you know how they used to slaughter beeves, hit 'em with a maul right here to stun 'em... and then up and slit their throats? Well here Charlie has one trussed up and all set to drain him and the beef comes to. It starts thrashing around, six hundred pounds of very pissed-off livestock if you'll pardon me... Charlie grabs his gun there to shoot the damn thing in the head but what with the swingin' and twistin' it's a glance-shot and ricochets around and comes back hits Charlie in the shoulder. You go see Charlie, he still can't reach up with his right hand for his hat... Point bein', even in the contest between man and steer the issue is not certain.
Kentucky Mustangs
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Kentucky 'stangs is back!
Looks like you joined last year and have already put up about 2,000 posts so I am guessing this is not your first rodeo? Especially if you remember me and I have not really been on for 5 or so years. Have a Blue Parachute on me.
Ragoo
AG
I must be the only one who cannot get the Three's Company theme song out of their head.
JavierC2005
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Peeping-tom-reported-in-College-Station-neighborhood-494199901.html

Close to your area.
Kentucky Mustangs
OP

Any update to your early morning door knocker?
rshackelford
AG
You can bet if that were my house, my wife would have the police dept number pulled up ready to dial and I'd have my loaded pistol pointed directly through the door while I watched them through the peep hole. Not sure if I'd say anything or just wait and see. You can guarantee though I'd be up the rest of the night waiting. and probably sleep on the couch in the living room for a couple weeks after
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.