Info on A&M College of Texas Pennant - 1939?

2,946 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by war hymn aggie
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A buddy of mine came across this A&M pennant in an estate sale and is wondering if you guys can give any insight into it's origins, history, or significance...

AgEng06
AG
I expect both helpful and hurtful replies, so don't let me down....
80s Guy

WaltonAg18
AG
Looks like it's a pennant for A&M College from 1939. HTH
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
Aggies Revenge
AG
fISH class of '39 so that would have been made in '35

GrapevineAg
AG
As a collector of pennants, I can tell you that one is awesome and probably worth a few hundred bucks, maybe a good bit more. I'm guessing freshman class of '39, but don't have any more info beyond that. I've seen other old A&M pennants for different squadrons and classes.

redd38
AG
Hmmm... looks fishy
Aggies Revenge
AG
GrapevineAg said:

As a collector of pennants, I can tell you that one is awesome and probably worth a few hundred bucks, maybe a good bit more. I'm guessing freshman class of '39, but don't have any more info beyond that. I've seen other old A&M pennants for different squadrons and classes.

What kind of backing and stabilization do you use?

HBCanine08
AG
Link to estate sale for better analysis?
GrapevineAg
AG
I keep most of mine in a rubbermaid type box in my closet with desiccants. For the really old wool ones, I'll put them in plastic sleeves. Really, you just wanna keep some little bugs from eating the wool. I have a few displayed in the game room - I actually bought some pennant frames for them (wooden frame, cardboard backing and glass or plexiglass front).

The pennants in my previous post are not mine (though I wish they were).
AgEng06
AG
No idea. I think the sale was a couple of weeks ago anyway.
Mildly Amused
AG
I happen to have that exact same pennant.... always wondered if there was a value, never selling it.
war hymn aggie
AG
Ags used to hang them in their dorms.
They were all handmade.
This one looks to be in excellent condition.
I'd assume that this Aggie had his pennant made in 1939 when he was a Freshman, hence the fish.

Bottom line: I'm definitely no expert, but from what I've seen in my many years of collecting & since it's from the ONLY year that the Aggies won a Natty in football: $800-1000.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.