University of Portland tennis player kicked off team for misogynistic speech at award

6,725 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Woody2006
Dread Pirate Roberts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
swimmerbabe11 said:

http://www.upbeacon.com/article/2018/04/wally-awards-critique

Serious question: why does she keep saying "violent" and "rape"? Did I miss something? I never saw where he talked like that. His comments were incredibly inappropriate, but I'm not seeing the connection other than any talk of wanting to have sex is sexist and rapish in nature.
swimmerbabe11
My best guess is that he had an attitude like he felt that he was entitled to the same amount of sex as his teammates were getting?

I got nothing.
(removed:110205)
_lefraud_ said:

Sid said:

An Indian athlete?!....hard to believe.

Jim Thorpe says hello
Check your SJW playbook. Thorpe was "Native American" or "First Nations"
HBCanine08
AG
MillennialAg said:

No, what are your favorites?

include links.

Usually the ones where the white husband willingly (or unwillingly for you cuc*s) records the black guy banging the white wife. The black guy is sticking it to the man and banging out racism one white chick at a time.
quanah
White women are overrated
BenFiasco14
AG
Indian Dude has trouble getting laid? This is news?

Ha.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Long Live Sully
AG
Not related but I still laugh.

I had an English prof my sophomore year who kept inviting me to come "help" her at a little farm she was renting. So, the next paper I wrote about... how can I say this?

I can't.

She kept inviting, but I never took the bait.
Slicer97
AG
So, HBCanine likes watching black dudes have sex...

I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that...
AgEng06
AG
Cow Hop Ag said:

I had an English prof my sophomore year who kept inviting me to come "help" her at a little farm she was renting. So, the next paper I wrote about... how can I say this?

I can't.

Long Live Sully
AG
Pretty much the scenario.
Dr. Nefario
The woman that wrote the op-ed basically upheld the stereotype that women are fragile and hysterical creatures who should be patronized and treated with kid gloves.

I mean, it's okay to be offended, but rather than respond with something strong to deflate the blatant misogyny (i.e. "White women won't sleep with you because you're an *******, not because you're brown,") she responds with weakness, making herself a victim (from the article "I felt violated. I felt unsafe. I was physically shaking.)

She is the exact stereotype strong women have been trying to break for nearly 60 years.

On behalf of my wife, thanks for nothing Olivia Sanchez.
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln
swimmerbabe11

Well said. Blue stars.

I cringed when I read the article. Who lets someone's monologue have that amount of power over them?

Also, who were you in your past Texags lives?
Dr. Nefario
No past TexAgs lives. I've somehow managed to not get perma-banned thus far, which is surprising given the number of my posts that have been deleted.
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln
aTm2004
AG
Will this dude be getting an ESPY for this speech? Not giving him one would be racist.
PoohAh97
AG
What is he worried about? Don't his parents already have his wife arranged? They probably get a goat back if he has a bachelor's.
TV Casualty
AG
AgEng06 said:

Cow Hop Ag said:

I can't.

That song promotes rape culture! I feel violated and am physically shaken after having listened to it.

Let's go to the only place that still sells his CDs and protest at Walmart. Garth Brooks can't be allowed to continue profiting off of rape culture!
Woody2006
AG
quanah said:

White women are overrated
False.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.