Why Is Brooklyn Barbecue Taking Over the World?

20,059 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Anchorhold
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

"Brooklyn BBQ is more stylish, more loose," he said. "It lets you break from traditional Texas or Kansas City BBQ. It's more of a blend of every style, which lets you play around with every recipe rather than following a straight-up traditional recipe."

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/d75jza/why-is-brooklyn-barbecue-taking-over-the-world?utm_source=munchiestwitterus

That is the saddest bbq plate I have ever seen.
javajaws
AG
Well, my dog would eat it.

Then again, he would also eat poop.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
JayAggie
AG
we're all falling for the troll, they know it sucks, but we're all talking about them today.
Beer Baron
AG
"We removed all the things that make other BBQ good - seasonings, sauces, cooking methods, actual meat from cows - and replaced it with chunks of old shoes that we then heated up in a microwave."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
New York is all about throwing a bunch of **** together and making it their own. Happens with basically every type of food, especially Southern, Mexican, and Asian. Assimilation.

RTB Ag
AG
...Are those King's Hawaiian rolls?
Beer Baron
AG
I bet those pickles are those weird sweet ones too.
wbt5845
AG
Heim's would make them wet themselves.

Claude!
It's like the old Aggie Special at Tom's, except much much worse. And Tom's wasn't great to begin with.
Joe Exotic
AG
Where's scimitar to tell us how good this place really is and how we only hate it because we are poor and stupid?
MBUSA
Brian Earl Spilner said:

New York is all about throwing a bunch of **** together and making it their own. Happens with basically every type of food, especially Southern, Mexican, and Asian. Assimilation.

This. ^ They do it with every genre.

Edit: They don't mess with steak, though.
Swarely
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Where's scimitar to tell us how good this place really is and how we only hate it because we are poor and stupid?

I'm waiting for Fido to come tell me what to think.
Humorous Username
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Too busy showing off his new wing tips to a group of newly separated marines that want to make bank in NYC.
Satellite of Love
So they are half-assing something else. Not surprised. Give it enough time and they will claim they invented BBQ.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
dcaggie04
AG
I bet that brisket in the OP's picture is dry as hell.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Cultural Appropriation!!
E
AG
Swarely said:

Quote:

"Brooklyn BBQ is more stylish, more loose," he said. "It lets you break from traditional Texas or Kansas City BBQ. It's more of a blend of every style, which lets you play around with every recipe rather than following a straight-up traditional recipe."

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/d75jza/why-is-brooklyn-barbecue-taking-over-the-world?utm_source=munchiestwitterus

That is the saddest bbq plate I have ever seen.

People pour beer in a mason jar and think their meal is good cause it's hip
BarKeep_03
AG
Hipsters
Beer Baron
AG
Swarely said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

I only use meat from a muscle found in only 6% of all cows, soak it for 30 days in Norwegian truffle oil, then rub it with a proprietary blend of spices I had-gathered from the Andes. Finally I slow-roast it at body temperature for 8 months.
Flashdiaz
AG
nice appetizer, what's the main course?
TexasAggie_02
AG
IBTanyarecipe
80s Guy
Beer Baron said:

Swarely said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

I only use meat from a muscle found in only 6% of all cows, soak it for 30 days in Norwegian truffle oil, then rub it with a proprietary blend of spices I had-gathered from the Andes. Finally I slow-roast it at body temperature for 8 months.

Don't forget the Fumunda Glaze!
Joe Exotic
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

IBTanyarecipe

Hers probably includes grass fed beef and is automatically ****ty.
Tex117
AG
Its an obvious troll attempt, but thats what makes the best trolls truly great. You just can't let even the thought of this go un-checked.

In one fail swoop, all of the kingdom's of BBQ united in an assault against that B.S.

Swarely
You didn't read the article.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Killen's BBQ

<3
marble rye
AG
Scimi doesn't live in NYC anymore. Heis now busting the balls of many sophisticated people in...Nashville, or something.
Tomdoss92
AG
80s Guy said:

Beer Baron said:

Swarely said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Don't forget the ketchup!
Eliminatus
AG
Slicer97
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Scimi's in Memphis now, so he'd tell you that it sucks compared to what he can get locally. He'll still tell you that you're poor and stupid though.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Eliminatus said:

That is wonderful
Joe Exotic
AG
Slicer97 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Scimi's in Memphis now, so he'd tell you that it sucks compared to what he can get locally. He'll still tell you that you're poor and stupid though.

So he's forced to pretend pulled pork is better than brisket?
MooreTrucker
AG
No sauce, no beans, no potato salad. GTFO.
Vader 2020
Haha. ****ing yankees trying to barbecue. Hilarious.
dcaggie04
AG
MooreTrucker said:

No sauce, no beans, no potato salad. GTFO.
If you have to put bbq sauce on the meat to enjoy it, that means the meat sucks.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.