People who don't pick up after their dogs

4,300 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GAC06
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HP has been noticibly more present lately. I avoid that stretch of 290 as much as possible.
Holly Golightly
AG
This is HUGE problem in my apartments.

There are dog waste stations all over the place with bags and a trash can. People will let their dog defecate not 5 feet from the stand and not pick it up. Residents can be fined up to $50 per incident for failure to clean it up. Since people are not self policing, they are considering having every dog owner submit a stool sample upon which they will run DNA tests on. In the future, **** left on the ground will be sampled to see who the culprit is and be fined accordingly.
Matsui
AG
I can't stand it either. Lazy fools.
MouthBQ98
AG
Hidden game cameras would be cheaper.
oldschool87
AG
Potcake said:

Stepping in dogs*** is not the only issue. It is a water quality as well. Rain events wash the crap into surface waters, elevating bacteria counts, especially in urban waters.
You do realize that its impossible for you to drink water that has not been sh%% in right?

Your sink water, toilet water and shower water all wind up in the same place. The sewage treatment facility. There it is "cleaned", then released back into the closest creek, river, stream, bayou, etc...

Which then pours into a lake, which then is put right back into a drinking water treatment facility. Is cleaned then sent right to your tap for you to drink out of.

Given that, your surface water issue, by the time it runs thru the grass, dirt, sand, rocks, is far cleaner than anything in the river... or probably that you are drinking out of the tap...

There is so much fertilizer in ground water, that your rain wash is not worth mentioning.
marble rye
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Holly Golightly said:

There are dog waste stations all over the place with bags and a trash can. People will let their dog defecate not 5 feet from the stand and not pick it up. Residents can be fined up to $50 per incident for failure to clean it up. Since people are not self policing, they are considering having every dog owner submit a stool sample upon which they will run DNA tests on. In the future, **** left on the ground will be sampled to see who the culprit is and be fined accordingly.

Good Lord, white people have too much time on their hands.

There is no way they would be willing to spend $$$ on **** DNA tests.
Post removed:
by user
Tanya 93
SoupNazi2001 said:

People mentioning dogs poop effecting water quality are border line morons. You do know wherever you live there are wild animals, large and small pooping everywhere whether country or urban.
You let your dog poop everywhere and don't clean up after it, right?
Holly Golightly
AG
Pooprints

It's a thing!

My kids' apartment already does it.

The original test may be expensive, but if they are fining people $50 a "poop" they will get their money back quick. Or, best case, people clean up after their dogs and you don't have to pay for the test anyway.
marble rye
AG
That's nutty!
Builder93
AG
marble rye said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Holly Golightly said:

There is no way they would be willing to spend $$$ on **** DNA tests.
I'd happily provide this service and then offer an upcharge to find out if the dog is 60% German or Swedish. That's a real white person thing to want to know.
Claude!
SoupNazi2001 said:

Holly Golightly said:

All you need is the version by Styx from 1981.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
All of my wife's properties do the dog DNA thing. She thought it was a waste of money, but the owner of the company insisted. She did say that things are a lot cleaner now.
Potcake
AG
Yea, people and pets never recreate in ambient waters, do they? You have a pretty simplistic understanding of water quality issues. I never mentioned drinking water. Excess nutrients in surface waters can cause algal blooms which in turn can kill aquatic life or cause taste/odor problems in treated drinking water. Run-off is a major contributor to surface water quality degradation. Excess bacteria concentrations may lead a water body to be impaired by state/federal regulators. Then you run into remediation or inability to get permits.
PoohAh97
AG
The doggy DNA thing sounds like that stuff that turns your pee red in a pool, except for it being a plausible threat.

Personally, when I had a dog I'd dutifully carry around the bags so it looked like I was going to clean up after my dog, and if she actually did anything I'd be all "welp, I guess I better take care of this" and just wait until any witnesses were gone. It's best to just act like you were toooootally gonna handle your dog's still-warm feces, and then carry around that stuff in a bag until you got all your cardio.

Right. That's ridiculous. It's the ground, it's for pooping on.
marble rye
AG
I pick it up if it's anyone else's yard. If it's in a development and a field, **** No, I'm not picking that **** up.
Satellite of Love
Potcake said:

Stepping in dogs*** is not the only issue. It is a water quality as well. Rain events wash the crap into surface waters, elevating bacteria counts, especially in urban waters.

I hope you don't live any where that gets its water from a lake or stream. Fish literally sheet in it over and over again!!! Oh the huge manatee!!!!!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Potcake
AG
nm
GAC06
AG
rhoswen said:

I live in apartments on a lake and yeah it's nice to go lay out a blanket and read a book without having to look for presents. Or smell them. Clean up after your *******ed dog.

My fur babies don't lay out in your bathroom and then complain about it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.