Helicopter Pilots

11,165 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag with kids
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Complaint Investigator said:

You can buy restored Huey's in the $500k-$700k range. I totally want one.

GAC06
AG
Helicopter pilots have been trying to convince people that it's hip to be square for years.
tk for tu juan
Why did I watch the video?
The video that still gives me chills is the collision of two news helicopters when you can hear the reporter screaming after they cut back to the studio.
The Fife
ClickClack said:

TTUArmy said:

blindey said:

TTUArmy said:

As an aside, being an old Airborne, I used to love busting chutes for riggers on Huey blasts. When all the pay hurts were finished getting their jumps in, me and a few other guys would just Hollywood the rest of the chutes. Man I miss those days!

Pirate04 is a only WO1...she may not have understood what I said either.

I, also, enjoy speaking in jargon specific to my profession that my intended audience will not understand. Makes me feel special.
Did you hear that Northern Tool started selling rivet sets for offset huck bolts? WAY cheaper than the other suppliers.
AgEng06
AG
The Fife said:

ClickClack said:

TTUArmy said:

blindey said:

TTUArmy said:

As an aside, being an old Airborne, I used to love busting chutes for riggers on Huey blasts. When all the pay hurts were finished getting their jumps in, me and a few other guys would just Hollywood the rest of the chutes. Man I miss those days!

Pirate04 is a only WO1...she may not have understood what I said either.

I, also, enjoy speaking in jargon specific to my profession that my intended audience will not understand. Makes me feel special.
Did you hear that Northern Tool started selling rivet sets for offset huck bolts? WAY cheaper than the other suppliers.

That's not really jargon. Those are the actual names of things that most dudes should know.

Try again.
Complaint Investigator
AG
GAC06 said:

Helicopter pilots have been trying to convince people that it's hip to be square for years.

Harrier pilots are just mad they can't be helicopter pilots
GAC06
AG

GAC06 said:

Being able to hover, fly five times as fast, and blow **** up is kinda neat. I'm definitely jealous of sweating in a salad shooter that vibrates like an unbalanced washing machine though.
MGS

You can buy restored Huey's in the $500k-$700k range. I totally want one.
Can I get one with big speakers so I can play Wagner?
Chips2003
AG
GAC06 said:

GAC06 said:

Being able to hover, fly five times as fast, and blow **** up is kinda neat. I'm definitely jealous of sweating in a salad shooter that vibrates like an unbalanced washing machine though.

Complaint Investigator
AG
GAC06 said:

GAC06 said:

The laser gyros on the Mike's help with the vibration better. Pinnacle landings are pretty neat (but I would pay good money to be able to blow stuff up)

Stop making us look like chumps dammit
Pirate04
AG
I'm hoping to get a M slot for Advanced instead of the A/L. Only a few more weeks, I can't wait! Last day in the 58 is Monday.
Ag with kids
AG

GAC06 said:

GAC06 said:

The laser gyros on the Mike's help with the vibration better. Pinnacle landings are pretty neat (but I would pay good money to be able to blow stuff up)

Blowing **** up...
Pirate04
AG
Cobras
Ag with kids
AG
Pirate04 said:

Cobras

Hey now!

Here I am helping y'all out...

Sigh...
Complaint Investigator
AG
Pirate04 said:

I'm hoping to get a M slot for Advanced instead of the A/L. Only a few more weeks, I can't wait! Last day in the 58 is Monday.

Get A/L and have your unit send you back for the Mike transition. That way you're qualified in all models. A/L will also teach you how to fly real instruments in the 60. Chasing crosshairs flying an ILS will help you when your unit makes you fly them by hand in Mike back home.
Pirate04
AG
I'll still get the A/L transition back at the unit. There's many reasons I want the M course, most important being that the unit I want to transfer to is deploying with M models next year and I can't go unless I'm rated. Plus, there is no money at my current unit to send anyone through the transition right now.
Wabs
AG
Pirate04 said:

Cobras
Army helicopters
duffelpud
AG
Flying a Little Bird somewhere along the border back in the 90's.

Amazing Moves
Best helicopter pic ever.

GAC06
AG

GAC06 said:

GAC06 said:

Pretty sure y'all are looking alright. However everyone looks better in a jet.
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

GAC06 said:

GAC06 said:

Pretty sure y'all are looking alright. However everyone looks better in a jet.

I would say real men fly helicopters, but it appears really hot women do too.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
duffelpud said:

Which one are you? Dude on the right looks real familiar but for the life of me I can't figure why. You him?
duffelpud
AG
A long time ago in a place far away.
Pirate04
AG
Little birds are the dream.
Tomdoss92
AG

WOLVERINES!!!!
NoahAg
duffelpud said:

Stache game on point.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Best helicopter pic ever.

How about this?

$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Does your last name start with "C"?
Pirate04
AG
Next time I fly, it will be in a Blackhawk. YAASSSSZ
Iowaggie
AG
I think one problem with being a helicopter pilot is you would have that friend that keeps mooching rides just to solve his own problems.

IIIHorn
duffelpud
AG
Quote:

Does your last name start with "C"?

I can neither confirm nor deny that.
Ag with kids
AG
The best thing about helicopters is that they don't need conveyor belts in order to take off.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
My Father-in-law flew helicopters in the Army. His favorite was the chinook.

He had a coffee cup that said, "helicopters don't fly, they beat the air into submission"
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Ag with kids said:

The best thing about helicopters is that they don't need conveyor belts in order to take off.
ah, but what if the helicopter was on a turntable that matched the rotary speed of the blades but in the opposite direction; would it take off? (probably not before the pilot threw up from dizziness)
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.