Helicopter Pilots

11,186 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any on GB? How did you get the required training to get your pilots license?
Frederick Palowaski
AG
TyHolden
AG
very sad story here

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/06/bride-seen-inside-helicopter-that-crashed-taking-her-to-wedding.html
Amazing Moves
I can take my shirt off, twist it around my hand, and spin it like a helicopter.
BQ_90
AG
from helicopter moms
TyHolden
AG
Amazing Moves said:

I can take my shirt off, twist it around my hand, and spin it like a helicopter.
those guys were dope
Wabs
AG
USMC
Bird Poo
AG
DSAg44 said:

very sad story here

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/06/bride-seen-inside-helicopter-that-crashed-taking-her-to-wedding.html
That's horrible! It looked like they were flying through a thick fog or something!
Pirate04
AG
I refuse to watch the video because I know it will just make me angry.

Absolutely horrible.
Leeman
Not much to see.

Looked like bad visibility - couldn't see anything outside.
TyHolden
AG
yeah, fly your own helicopter if you decide to do this. also, check the weather beforehand.
Pirate04
AG
Here you go. Good luck!
http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
TTUArmy
Pirate04 said:

Absolutely horrible.
In 1989, we had a couple of pilots start up their UH-1H's at Ft Richardson, AK while we were in the middle of getting glassed by Mt Redoubt. The volcanic ash absolutely destroyed the turbines before they could even get off the ground. I remember walking out of the gym and looking across the aviation field at the helipad and seeing the fire and smoke coming from the helicopters.

As an aside, being an old Airborne, I used to love busting chutes for riggers on Huey blasts. When all the pay hurts were finished getting their jumps in, me and a few other guys would just Hollywood the rest of the chutes. Man I miss those days!

1st/501st PIR
"Geronimo!"
Complaint Investigator
AG
Uncle Sam

Pirate04
AG

CrottyKid
AG
TTUArmy said:

Pirate04 said:

Absolutely horrible.
In 1989, we had a couple of pilots start up their UH-1H's at Ft Richardson, AK while we were in the middle of getting glassed by Mt Redoubt. The volcanic ash absolutely destroyed the turbines before they could even get off the ground. I remember walking out of the gym and looking across the aviation field at the helipad and seeing the fire and smoke coming from the helicopters.

As an aside, being an old Airborne, I used to love busting chutes for riggers on Huey blasts. When all the pay hurts were finished getting their jumps in, me and a few other guys would just Hollywood the rest of the chutes. Man I miss those days!

1st/501st PIR
"Geronimo!"
I understood none of that last paragraph.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
TTUArmy said:

Scoopen Skwert
AG
First step is to have an ego that is a 20 on a 1 to 10 scale. Hth.
Ag with kids
AG
A former boss of mine got his rotor IFR. Said it cost something like $85k. Wasn't sure I completely believed him but I know it's way more expensive than getting a fixed wing license.

I don't have a license but I get quite a bit of simulator stick time. Bet I've got 1500 hrs at least by now...he'll it could be much more than that but I haven't been playing as much lately.
TTUArmy
blindey said:

TTUArmy said:

Pirate04 is a only WO1...she may not have understood what I said either.
Pirate04
AG
My stick buddy was Airborne, I'll get him to translate.
Ag with kids
AG
One of our test pilots that I've worked a bunch with has some really cool stories.

One involves shooting a whale on accident.

Another involves getting some glass from Ground Zero in NM...
ATX_AG_08
AG
DSAg44 said:

very sad story here

That is absolutely awful, but what is romantic about taking your wife to her wedding in a helicopter when there is zero visibility.
ClickClack
AG
TTUArmy said:

blindey said:

TTUArmy said:

Pirate04 is a only WO1...she may not have understood what I said either.

I, also, enjoy speaking in jargon specific to my profession that my intended audience will not understand. Makes me feel special.
Complaint Investigator
AG
bh93 said:

First step is to have an ego that is a 20 on a 1 to 10 scale. Hth.
You forgot incredibly good looking, charming and cool as F.

CuriousAg
Pirate04 said:

My stick buddy...
Well s**t. She's taken.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

DSAg44 said:

very sad story here

That is absolutely awful, but what is romantic about taking your wife to her wedding in a helicopter when there is zero visibility.
Do you ****trads even read the articles?

The answer is "no". No, you ****trads don't read the articles.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Gota De Limon said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

DSAg44 said:

very sad story here

Do you ****trads even read the articles?

The answer is "no". No, you ****trads don't read the articles.
"The bride, Rosemere do Nascimento Silva, reportedly wanted to surprise the groom and the estimated 300 guests with her entrance."

Excuse me, I read the article fast while I was working. Point remains, she (not he) wasn't very smart.

PrincessButtercup
AG
UM. HUGE girl crush on Pirate and now also Complaint Investigator.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I just wanna hear Pirate and Complaint Investigator talking low and slow about torque and auto-rotating.

fire09
AG
$25-30k to do a vfr license in Houston
Scoopen Skwert
petey88

a few months ago, I found websites, costs here in Central Texas are $25K. Private plane pilot's are $6K.

A buddy of mine is looking to renew his license, found an old copter with needed repairs in South America for $150K. He was a pilot in Viet Nam.
Complaint Investigator
AG
You can buy restored Huey's in the $500k-$700k range. I totally want one.
marble rye
AG
Ive decided that I dig Pirate. You go girl. I hope you beat them all and are bad ass.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.