It's ALMOST that time of year!

6,666 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bmc13
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wbt5845 said:

CDUB98 said:

ColinAggie said:

Beer Baron said:

Yall really are being unfair to the OP here. He's explained numerous times that his urges for children are ok because the children in question are exclusively female.
Didn't he also say it was ok for him to bang outside of wedlock but he expected his wife to be a virgin or some **** like that? Or am I confusing him with another ****ed up poster?
No, that was him.

He rammed his rod all through college and excused it as okay, but demanded his wife be a virgin or else she was a whoooar.

That's a little off focus. My exact point was once a girl I was dating gave it up, she was off the potential wife list. Girls need to realize not to give it up so easy.

Because you're so gd special a woman should be holding out for you.
marble rye
AG
Whaaat? My dream man has a rosary that hangs as low as his balls at age 70.
Beer Baron
AG
You're 30 years past your prime.
marble rye
AG
I was so hopeful for once in my life.
Jack Cheese
AG
Teachers are generally paid about right. They lobbied for the system where the crappy ones can't be fired and the great ones don't make any extra. Congrats, teacher's unions.

Like many professions (such as law enforcement, for example) we all know some good teachers and some horribly sucky teachers. We all know the ones who went to Sam or SFA because (let's be honest) they just aren't that smart. They'd never make the same pay in private employment. I'm not talking about all teachers but there's a type, and they are numerous.

And like law enforcement officers, they are ALL martyrs. They all beech about pay and work conditions. They blab it all over social media and in person. They never met a tax or bond issue they didn't like because schools are so chronically underfunded--- never mind the fact that we spend more per student than all but the most prestigious private schools, and more per student than anywhere else in the developed world.

And if only they had smarter kids or better parents (who are always either too involved or too apathetic, which is it?) or more supportive administrators or state legislators who gave a damn, or...................
Scimitar
AG
Ragoo said:

I used to love joining in the "gripe about teachers griping" threads, that is until my wife decided to leave industry and become a teacher. Over the last 3 years if I have learned anything it is that teachers are likely underpaid. Certainly those that sponsor extracurricular activities. The $125 each semester stipend they get for the after school hours and weekends is a joke.

I could not hold a position where I am 1) constantly presenting new material to kids who don't care or are always undermining you 2)work for an administration that expects you to do everything you can to get a kid passing 2 days before the end of a 6 weeks or semester 3) where your salary doesn't reflect time commitment of the role.
I used to defend teachers until I got married to one. Holy crap! The inane beeching and constant gossip about which teacher boinked whom or which administrator "didn't get it". It was enough to want to take an ice pick to my ear drums.

As for the second paragraph, substitute kid or parent or administration for subordinate, peer, or management and it's the same sheet in corporate America. Only difference is that the truly astute rise up and move on.

Yeah, civil servants in the end protected by unions.
wbt5845
AG
superunknown said:

wbt5845 said:

CDUB98 said:

ColinAggie said:

Beer Baron said:

Yall really are being unfair to the OP here. He's explained numerous times that his urges for children are ok because the children in question are exclusively female.
Didn't he also say it was ok for him to bang outside of wedlock but he expected his wife to be a virgin or some **** like that? Or am I confusing him with another ****ed up poster?
No, that was him.

He rammed his rod all through college and excused it as okay, but demanded his wife be a virgin or else she was a whoooar.

That's a little off focus. My exact point was once a girl I was dating gave it up, she was off the potential wife list. Girls need to realize not to give it up so easy.

I was that special - and I did have a special woman who respected herself so much that she saved herself for me.
IrishTxAggie
AG
wbt5845 said:

superunknown said:

wbt5845 said:

CDUB98 said:

ColinAggie said:

Beer Baron said:

No, that was him.

I was that special - and I did have a special woman who respected herself so much that she saved herself for me.

GinaLinetti
AG
***** I'm paid well and am only contracted to work 187 days a year. Add on the $200 a day I'll make doing some summer testing for incoming 3 year olds and I'm pretty damn happy. Sure I have to stay late or take work home on occasion, but most days I'm out the door by 330. 6 wake ups til the kids are gone for 2 1/2 months.
CDUB98
AG
wbt5845 said:

superunknown said:

wbt5845 said:

CDUB98 said:

ColinAggie said:

Beer Baron said:

No, that was him.

Yeah, but you didn't believe you needed to do the same.

Hypocrisy.
Jack Cheese
AG
CherryLodes said:

***** I'm paid well and am only contracted to work 187 days a year. Add on the $200 a day I'll make doing some summer testing for incoming 3 year olds and I'm pretty damn happy. Sure I have to stay late or take work home on occasion, but most days I'm out the door by 330. 6 wake ups til the kids are gone for 2 1/2 months.

Your attitude is truly exceptional. I suspect you know that.
rhoswen
AG
Are we still all martyrs?
rhoswen
AG
Jack Cheese said:

And if only they had smarter kids or better parents (who are always either too involved or too apathetic, which is it?) or more supportive administrators or state legislators who gave a damn, or...................

So what's your solution?
GinaLinetti
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Have any teachers just said, "nope. Not spending my money."

When I think back on HS, the three most effective teachers I had and the ones that actually prepared me for college had ZERO on the walls. The only thing provided in their classrooms was Kleenex.

I say that every year. I always spend some, but it has decreased over the years. I always buy extra snacks and supplies. I probably average $50/month on the kids.

It's easier to be minimalist in secondary settings, but I think there is usually too much visual noise at the elementary level. I blame Pinterest. It needs to feel inviting, but too much stuff is a distraction imo.

Those of y'all talking about boys not being able to move, I think there's a lot to blame. Decreased PE and recess being a big factor. Also, many playgrounds are under equipped and have wussy equipment. Kids need the old school merry go rounds and jungle gyms to help get all the vestibular input they need. Fear of litigation from snowflakes has put an end to that. Things being cyclical, we are seeing increased research proving that these times are critical to development both physically and academically.

I would think that many of you would be truly shocked at the number of students who aren't developing self regulation skills before kg-1st grade. There are many factors, but personally, I think that the increase in screen time at a young age has led to the majority as well as parents who want their kids to be happy all the time and have never told them no.

Edit: this was not a *****. Just observations on some things mentioned in the thread
Unemployed
AG
Quote:

Those of y'all talking about boys not being able to move, I think there's a lot to blame. Decreased PE and recess being a big factor. Also, many playgrounds are under equipped and have wussy equipment. Kids need the old school merry go rounds and jungle gyms to help get all the vestibular input they need. Fear of litigation from snowflakes has put an end to that. Things being cyclical, we are seeing increased research proving that these times are critical to development both physically and academically.

Need to bring back dodgeball back!!! Nothing like taking out your anger by nailing some poor kid with a ball.

And also the climbing rope. Don't think I have to give a reason for this.
GinaLinetti
AG
Dodge ball was fantastic. I still take the rubber balls out to recess.

There Was a study done about the lack of rough housing in young boys. They actually found that rough housing allows boys to develop self restraint and self control as well as enpathy for others. They interviewed serial killers and psychopaths and found that one common denominator they all shared was a complete lack of rough housing as children. I thought that was extremely interesting. Sometimes beaning the crap outta people is a good thing
Jack Cheese
AG
rhoswen said:

Are we still all martyrs?

You sure seem to fit the bill.
Jack Cheese
AG
rhoswen said:

Jack Cheese said:

So what's your solution?

rhoswen
AG
Cherry, I absolutely agree with you. At the secondary level, most of what I let them do is play with baking soda & vinegar - see what happens. Bunsen burners? A lot of my kids have never even used a lighter, much less an igniter or the Bunsen. I won't call them "scared" but they're not comfortable manipulating items that are/were common in a chem lab 20 years ago.
bmc13
AG
rhoswen said:

Again, I'm "required" to have stuff on my walls. I'm sure it's some bs about not looking like a prison. But that's a one time expense.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.