Pet food questions

5,249 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by GoneGirl
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dax has developed a food allergy.

No more beef, chicken, or turkey Iams.

Vet recommended a Venison or kangaroo or duck food. She gave me a list of brands.

Do any of you feed your pet venison or duck?

Do you have a brand you like more than others?
Astrobo
AG
What brand of dog do you have? Dingo?
HBCanine08
AG
Astrobo said:

Tanya 93
Astrobo said:

Dogs are creatures waiting for the moment to rip your throat out.

I have a cat.
Squirrel Master
AG
We've used cat food's that have duck and venison, though in a mix of other things. Wellness Natural is the brand. Probably have to go to a specialty pet store, but you'll probably be surprised at the variety of options these days.

T&Ps for your pocket book though.

Edit: Nevermind, I assumed you were talking about a dog since no mention of fish. I looked up the ones we used, but both the duck and venison ones also contained ones you can't have. Any reason you didn't mention fish options? Our cats love the **** out of those, should be way easier to find good options too, as opposed to your more niche land meats.
HBCanine08
AG
Try this. My dog likes it and he is a picky eater. They have duck, venison, bison, and fish.

https://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dog-formulas/dry

https://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/cat-formulas/dry
Tanya 93
Thank you for the recommendations
752bro4
AG
Sounds like you're raising a house full of puzzles
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Here's what my dogs eat

Not sure if cats can eat it, but it probably won't kill them.
jpc08
AG
Quote:

Vet recommended a Venison or kangaroo or duck food.

It sounds like the vet said the food venison, kangaroo, or ducks like to eat.

According to www.whatdokangarooseat.info, kangaroos eat grass. Try grass.
Serious Lee
ill second DVP natural balance. they pretty much specialize in allergen-free food. plus its the official dog food of the ATF so if its good enough for their bomb sniffing dogs then its good enough for your coach potato.
Ragoo
AG
Astrobo said:

maybe the dingo ate your baby
DG-Ag
AG
My dog eats whatever doesn't eat her first!
Ragoo
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Here's what my dogs eat

your dogs eat wolves and greenheads?

keep your monster away from the children
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Ragoo said:

Here's what my dogs eat

They're particularly vicious.

They look like this:

Matsui
AG
Blue Buffalo new Zeland lamb
End Of Message
AG
Cat lady. Go figure.
Tanya 93
Uncle Gunnysack said:

ill second DVP natural balance. they pretty much specialize in allergen-free food. plus its the official dog food of the ATF so if its good enough for their bomb sniffing dogs then its good enough for your coach potato.

Just picked up venison and green pea.

Thanks
Tanya 93
HBCanine08 said:

Try this. My dog likes it and he is a picky eater. They have duck, venison, bison, and fish.

https://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dog-formulas/dry

https://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/cat-formulas/dry

Just got some venison cat food. Thanks
Claude!
My sweet clean little puppy dogs eat Royal Canin. They were on the venison, but the supplier was having trouble with ingredients so we switched to the rabbit. Not cheap, and I have to get it from my vet.
Bruce Almighty
AG
All the specialized cat and dog food available today, have the life expectancies of pets increased as much as food cost?
Ragoo
AG

Ragoo said:

Here's what my dogs eat

They're particularly vicious.

They look like this:

bring out the holy hand grenade
EFE
AG
Switched mine to Tractor Supply/Sportmix green bag. Was paying extra because I thought the fancy salmon stuff is what made his poops disappear. Turns out we have neighborhood possums. I'm not paying any extra for those guys to eat expensive shtt.
Ragoo
AG
I have only ever bought the nutro chicken and rice feed.
Know Your Enemy
AG
752bro4 said:

Sounds like you're raising a house full of puzzles

This shouldn't be new information.
Alan Pavio
AG
Blue Buffalo Basics is what I feed my pup. She loves it and her coat/bowel movements are the best in the neighborhood.
mm98
AG
Zignature. Venison based and grain free.
SeattleAgJr
Tanya 93 said:

Quote:

I have a cat.

Well, there we have it.

THAT is your problem.
Rutedown
The owner of my former company had his dogs on kangaroo. Helped with some skin condition. He'd bring them to work on Fridays and you could smell them before you saw them. He said the smell started when they started eating kangaroo.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Get a new ****ing dog.

Also, blue buffalo is **** and Nestle Purina just got done bending them over in court for lying about what was in their dog food. All natural ingredients my ass.
Alan Pavio
AG
ColinAggie said:

Get a new ****ing dog.

Also, blue buffalo is **** and Nestle Purina just got done bending them over in court for lying about what was in their dog food. All natural ingredients my ass.

I'll let ol Abs know and see if she wants to change. Their Basics is the only line of food I've found that doesn't cause any stomach issues for her.
Ag with kids
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Astrobo said:

Dogs are creatures waiting for the moment to rip your throat out.

I have a cat.

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. *******s!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously ******ed. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
88planoAg
AG
My mom's cat was on the 'Disney diet' for years...included Bambi, Thumper....never Kanga or Roo though.
aftershock
My dog gets bad ear infections when on regular food, vet recommended something with little or no wheat in it. We made the switch over to Costco's Nature Domain Salmon and Sweet potato. Its supposedly grain free. Its a little bit cheaper than the high dollar ones at big box stores/feed stores (if you use your Costco membership for more than dog food).

I can tell you this. the food has made her have less piles of crap in the yard and has made her coat less difficult to manage.
mm98
AG
Aftershock_88 said:

My dog gets bad ear infections when on regular food, vet recommended something with little or no wheat in it. We made the switch over to Costco's Nature Domain Salmon and Sweet potato. Its supposedly grain free. Its a little bit cheaper than the high dollar ones at big box stores/feed stores (if you use your Costco membership for more than dog food).

I can tell you this. the food has made her have less piles of crap in the yard and has made her coat less difficult to manage.

Good food makes a huge difference. We had 2 Great Danes that were constantly in and out of the vet with itchy skin and diarrhea usually once every other month. Changed to grain free food and it disappeared overnight. What we had to spend in quality food was far less than taking those behemoths to the vet every 4-6 weeks for medicine and tests.

Tanya - http://bestcatfoodadvisor.net/

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.