Smoking cigarettes

11,367 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JSKolache
Smokes With Cigarettes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Its my life and I can do what I want.
marble rye
AG
I dont dislike bobo. He is fun to troll bc he splooges out long diatribes like the one in this thread, bc really, he doesnt need to measure his life against anyone else's.
LupinusTexensis
We have a really skinny woman that works with us that rails on fat people in a very mean way. Goes on and on about how they are costing us millions in health care. She smokes more than a pack a day. She thinks that since she smokes Spirits that they're not hurting her.
boboguitar
AG
Pam Poovey said:

I dont dislike bobo. He is fun to troll bc he splooges out long diatribes like the one in this thread, bc really, he doesnt need to measure his life against anyone else's.

The only reason I even know your username exists is because about a year ago, you started replying to me in every thread I posted in like some pathetic 40 year old, unmarried woman who finally got some attention from the opposite sex.
champagnepapi
marble rye
AG
K
BenFiasco14
AG
Sounds like OP needs a safe space
jickyjack1
DryFly said:

healthaggie1 said:

Dumbest **** ever.

Why do people do this?

You look ridiculous. You smell like ***** You are literally, voluntarily killing yourself. I can only assume people who smoke cigarettes are just dumb people.

Just stop.

Same reason people eat terrible food, drink too much, don't exercise, drive too fast, have unprotected sex with strangers, etc?

And get tattoos.
Burbank
AG
I can't tell you the # of times I've seen peeps outside (across from main building) of MD Anderson, with their IV Trees (chemo) smoking. I just shake my head at them...,
IrishTxAggie
AG
What's worse is when the docs bum a smoke off of them.
Liquid Wrench
Reading bobo's dramatic overreactions is one of the reasons I keep coming to this place.
ellebee
boboguitar said:

Pam Poovey said:

The only reason I even know your username exists is because about a year ago, you started replying to me in every thread I posted in like some pathetic 40 year old, unmarried woman who finally got some attention from the opposite sex.

THERE'S NO NEED TO BRING ME INTO THIS
IrishTxAggie
AG
ellebee said:

boboguitar said:

Pam Poovey said:

THERE'S NO NEED TO BRING ME INTO THIS
boboguitar
boboguitar
AG
Elbee
Change Detection
AG
I often wonder what smokers will say differently when they are diagnosed with lung cancer and they are finding it more difficult to breath every day. Eventually there is pain, significant breathing difficulties, complete fatigue, and grieving family members. What will you say when that is occurs and becomes prolonged?

I ask this because I had severe asthma as a kid (still suffer some as an adult) and carry emergency inhalers with me at all times. At 20yrs old I was told I had the lungs of an old man. I am older now and have managed to keep reasonably fit despite my lungs. It has not been fun at times and I just cannot believe people would trash their lungs on purpose by smoking. Just fricken blows my mind.
TPS_Report
AG
ColinAggie said:

Tis a scientific fact that if a chick smokes, she pokes.
I read this with the Lucky Charms leprechaun accent for some reason.
AgEng06
AG
Well it was posted by a dirty mick, so you're not wrong...
IrishTxAggie
AG
TPS_Report said:

ColinAggie said:

Tis a scientific fact that if a chick smokes, she pokes.
I read this with the Lucky Charms leprechaun accent for some reason.

They're magically delicious!
Unemployed
AG
Change Detection said:

I often wonder what smokers will say differently when they are diagnosed with lung cancer and they are finding it more difficult to breath every day. Eventually there is pain, significant breathing difficulties, complete fatigue, and grieving family members. What will you say when that is occurs and becomes prolonged?

I ask this because I had severe asthma as a kid (still suffer some as an adult) and carry emergency inhalers with me at all times. At 20yrs old I was told I had the lungs of an old man. I am older now and have managed to keep reasonably fit despite my lungs. It has not been fun at times and I just cannot believe people would trash their lungs on purpose by smoking. Just fricken blows my mind.
They'll say that they wish they hadn't picked up smoking.

It's not like these people are naive to the dangers of smoking. It's like any other vice. Until it happens, they don't think much about it.
AgsMyDude
AG
BBRex
AG
Commander Keen said:

Anyone who mildly inconveniences my breathing pattern should be dragged out into the street and shot. Includes cigarette smokers, diesel truck drivers, people with smelly farts, dogs with smelly farts, women who queef with yeast infections, and Roman Catholics.

Anyone who greatly inconveniences your breathing patterns, say with a pillow for about three or four minutes, probably deserves a large sum of money and an award of some sort.
BBRex
AG
And, for what it's worth, my grandmother is a Baptist who never smoked or drank her entire life. She's about to turn 94, and now she has dementia and is no longer able to live alone. I've heard her say three or four times that she wishes she was dead. There aren't a lot of easy ways out of this life.
Human
AG
I'll add to this:

I drink- I drink a lot.
How much? I guess it's all relative but nowhere near my alcoholic friend did. Now he's pretty clean. He has lapses but he more or less keeps it in check.

It's how I deal with my stress I(that and the gym). Sometimes my kidneys hurt.

My dad was not the drinker I was/am and he had kidney issues(cancer-he had one removed). It gives me pause so I just try to drink less now since the pains.
(No, not considering going to the doctor. Why? I'm a guy)

I think part of is dumb luck maybe / maybe not.

Life is too short not to do what you enjoy short of hurting someone else, or doing something that will give those around you really a reason to worry about yout well being.

I'm sitting here at the SLC and am disappointed they don't serve alcohol. Guess I'll just wait till my layover(and maybe enjoy one on my flight).

Y'all be nice.
jickyjack1
I smoked hard for 40 years. Nobody could tell me ... .Quit 11 years ago and so far no cancer, thank goodness. But I do have the pleasure of doing one inhaler 365 times a year and the other 1460 times a year. What is that, 1825 deep inhales and hold it as long as I can, every year? And that 2-3 thou every year to buy those inhalers -- why, that ain't no money.

Light up, bro. Be smart, like I was.
Ag 11
AG
West Point Aggie
AG
This hit me when I spent a week in Vegas in January...asians, especially...love that s***! I'd guess 8/10 people who had those nasty cigs were asians...it's like the US is the 50s-early 80s...they learn...the hard way
insanediego
AG
1) Everyone stops smoking sooner or later

2) I quit tobacco, alcohol and meat (except fish) all at the same time, coming up on my 2 year anniversary. Thank you very little.

3) Libs are now changing their tune to 2nd hand smoke: i.e., suddenly debunking peer reviewed publications, so they can push thru pot legislation. Definitely need REAL medical ganja. But where this is legal, freeloaders are asking insurance to pay for their "stress" meds...what a buncha crap, totally bummimg our future collective highs.
ViralAg
I love chain smoking 2 or 3 packs of cigarettes when I'm drunk out of my mind. Only happens about once a year, but it's the best.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Why the booze and meat?!
Whens lunch
AG
insanediego said:

1) Everyone stops smoking sooner or later

Well...its a close call. In my mother's case at 55y/o and my sister's at 60....smoking stopped them.
74Ag17
Ex smoker here. Loved smoking and smoking / drinking. Nasty and expensive habit! Good times til you can't breathe and ticker needs help... quitting smoking is difficult habit to kick. Screw patches. Cold turkey is the only way to quit. Www.whyquit.com is heck of an informational website to help you kick it
insanediego
AG
Colin - all of it was pretty easy actually, when MD Anderson says frog - you jump....or croak
JSKolache
AG
healthaggie1 said:

Dumbest **** ever.

Why do people do this?

You look ridiculous. You smell like ***** You are literally, voluntarily killing yourself. I can only assume people who smoke cigarettes are just dumb people.

Just stop.

To get a buzz - the same reason people do lots of other dumb stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.