Oscars Pulled a Harvey

5,956 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jopatura
Post removed:
by user
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Yep, totally confusing. Someone really screwed up, badly!
La Fours
AG
I saw it. Seemed fake or scripted. So dumb.
redd38
AG
Oscars have really gone to hell since Bill Paxton died.
TXAGFAN
AG
La Fours said:

I saw it. Seemed fake or scripted. So dumb.
No way would PWC let a gag like that occur. They screwed up.
BQ_90
AG
How can you be handed the wrong card? WTF are more than one card for each award.

This has fake written all over it.
91_Aggie
AG
It did look at little faked/scripted the way they did it and the way they explained it.

swc93
AG
I guess it was the producer for La La Land; the way he snatched the card from Warren Baffled and held it up to the camera told me it wasn't fake; he was livid and was hiding it by being extra demonstrative.
COOL LASER FALCON
There's got to be another card (or something) that they keep backstage so that someone can double check the presenter.
Beer Baron
AG
BQ_90 said:

How can you be handed the wrong card? WTF are more than one card for each award.

There isn't more than one card for each award. They accidentally handed Warren Beatty the card from the previous award that said "Best Actress - Emma Stone, La La Land." That's why he was all confused and looked like he was having a stroke when he read the winner. Faye Dunnaway just saw the "La La Land" part and read that to end an awkward moment.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Two cards per award.
Beer Baron
AG
Counterpoint: One card per award.
BQ_90
AG
Beer Baron said:

BQ_90 said:

There isn't more than one card for each award. They accidentally handed Warren Beatty the card from the previous award that said "Best Actress - Emma Stone, La La Land." That's why he was all confused and looked like he was having a stroke when he read the winner. Faye Dunnaway just saw the "La La Land" part and read that to end an awkward moment.
well I didn't see it live, what I saw on TV was somebody yanking the card from Warren's hand and showing it to the camera and it said moonwhatever.

I think it's great, further proof that Hollywood is ****ed in the head.
Beer Baron
AG
I didn't see it either. Just read a recap, where Warren Beatty said:

Quote:

"I want to tell you what happened. I opened the envelope and it said Emma Stone, 'La La Land.' That's why I took such a long look at Faye and at you. I wasn't trying to be funny."
Beer Baron
AG
Oh wait, just saw what you're referring to. 2 identical cards per award, because Emma Stone still had her copy. You're right, that is weird.
AliasMan02
AG
BQ_90 said:

Beer Baron said:

BQ_90 said:

well I didn't see it live, what I saw on TV was somebody yanking the card from Warren's hand and showing it to the camera and it said moonwhatever.

The envelope Warren read definitely did not say Moonlight.
MooreTrucker
AG
As one of my buddies posted on FB, these idiots can't even get their own ass-kissing rewards ceremony right, and we're supposed to listen to them re: national and international policies?
swc93
AG
Quote:

such anger
Human
AG
Thanks a lot Trump
redd38
AG
Beer Baron said:

BQ_90 said:

There ARE more than one card for each award (two copies of each card). Emma Stone had her Best Actress card, they gave Warren Beatty the second Best Actress card.
Beer Baron
AG
I know, that's why I committed one of the greatest Texags sins ever and admitted I was wrong.
redd38
AG
Beer Baron said:

I know, that's why I committed one of the greatest Texags sins ever and admitted I was wrong.
aint nobody got time to read the rest of the posts after an error has been found
62strat
AG
Man some of you getting all crazy trying to figure out how this could happen.

Who gives a **** how it happened. Moonlight is the best picture of all time.
thebloomer
AG
PWC has a "fail-safe" in place. They print two cards/envelopes in case something happens to the first card. I don't know what might happen in the 20 yard walk from backstage to podium, but I guess that's a risk.

Anyhow, the irony here is that the fail-safe caused the fail. Good stuff, and it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of self-congratulating hypocritical hollywood elitists that undermine their cause by being loudmouth idiots about it so often it alienates those that think differently and further divide the country.

I mean...aww, that's too bad.
Ragoo
AG
The Oscar's didn't meet quota last year in minorities so they went way over last night. The foreign film from Iran won just so they could make a political statement. What a joke.
MooreTrucker
AG
And one of the actresses purposefully wore a gown made in a "predominantly Muslim country" or something like that.

My question at the time was "where's the headscarf"?
agz win
AG
Kimmel and Timberlake were good.
Claude!
I saw the subject line and was confused as to how the Oscars worked a 6'3" invisible rabbit into the presentation.
PseudonymK
AG
Where was the 10-second delay?
Mathguy64
AG
They said why the two cards this morning. They make dual sets of all envelopes and each set is on separate sides of the stage as they dont know from which side the presenters will enter. Beatty came in from the side opposite where DiCaprio (who did Best Actress) entered so that card was still there and some one gave it out. The error was all on the PWC staffer who didnt pull that card from the deck and instead handed it out. I'm guessing that person is currently unemployed.
62strat
AG
Ragoo said:

The Oscar's didn't meet quota last year in minorities so they went way over last night. The foreign film from Iran won just so they could make a political statement. What a joke.
This.

I saw one category that had 3 black women in it. I mean come on, that's probably all 3 roles by a black woman for the entire year, and they all got nominated? Are we just gonna give them away? Should everybody get a trophy now?

I don't know how you could truly be honored as a black woman who wins an oscar the year immediately following your race's hissy fit about not having representation. Are these people really this shallow?
BQ_90
AG
swc93 said:

Quote:

such anger
No anger, just laughing at the fact that these clowns can **** up their biggest award and yet they're supposed to be experts in climate change and politics. Pretty much what Moore posted
PrincessButtercup
AG
Claude! said:

I saw the subject line and was confused as to how the Oscars worked a 6'3" invisible rabbit into the presentation.
I lold.
HBCanine08
AG
MooreTrucker said:

As one of my buddies posted on FB, these idiots can't even get their own ass-kissing rewards ceremony right, and we're supposed to listen to them re: national and international policies?
The same applies here.
Street_Cred_Norm
Moonlight tv show>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Moonlight movie
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.