Who only puts $5 of gas in the tank?

8,106 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgsMyDude
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You are just going to have to waste time doing it again tomorrow.
TecRecAg
AG
Oh look at me I'm rich I fill up the tank
Claude!
Cromagnum said:

You are just going to have to waste time doing it again tomorrow.
They better not buy gas on Friday.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Somebody that only has $5 and no credit card on them?

Somebody that has a gas can for their mower/home machinery and needs to fill it up with a couple of gallons worth of gas?
Swarely
Broke people. I remember the days when I had to do that. Thank goodness for steady work.
PseudonymK
AG
In 2003
always gig em
AG
If you only put 5 in the tank then that leaves you more for jack in the box afterwards.

Hello??!!??!!
Ragoo
AG
The best is when someone buys a pack of smokes and then put $3 of gas in the tank.
Drawkcab
Ragoo said:

The best is when someone buys a pack of smokes and then put $3 of gas in the tank.

Absolute greatest! I can't get enough of that! Just the best, really. I like to tape it so I can watch them do it again later.
MouthBQ98
AG
Someone on a Suzuki?
The Shank Ag
You use the same amount of gas on average every mile you drive. It doesn't matter if you spend 50 cents or 65 bucks, it's all going to be used at the same rate. I never put in less than 20 (and only don't fill up if I use cash)
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've seen $3, $4, and $5 on gas pumps numerous times since I started driving and always assume it's the gas can fill. I still do it myself whenever I need to
Drawkcab
Physics Clown?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
When I'm returning the rental and just need it to touch the "F" to get full credit.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I do it when I'm running late for work and was to stupid to do it on the way home the day before.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I've done it when I don't have enough gas to get to Buc-ee's. Just needed a gallon to get me to Waller.
histag10
AG
Wade Winston Wilson said:

I've seen $3, $4, and $5 on gas pumps numerous times since I started driving and always assume it's the gas can fill. I still do it myself whenever I need to

I forgot my purse at work and didn't realize how low my tank was (it hit zero miless to empty). All I had in my car was $2 in change. Enough to get me to work and get my purse though. Not sure if the lady believed me until I came back 10 minutes later and filled it up.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Quote:

Not sure if the lady believed me until I came back 10 minutes later and filled it up.

Do you really give a damn what the gas station attendant thinks about you?
Geralt of Rivia
S
Esteban du Plantier said:

Quote:

Not sure if the lady believed me until I came back 10 minutes later and filled it up.

Depends on how hot she is
histag10
AG

Quote:

Well I live in a small town and see her everyday, and she actually owns the place and is a bit of a gossip. I'd prefer she not suddenly think I'm broke and can't even buy a full gallon of gas.
ac04
ac04
Ragoo
AG

I think the spirit of the thread is being inside the corner mart and watching someone fumble through a wad of singles and tell the attendant they want $4 on pump 3. Sometimes, like I posted above, you get the rare treat of watching someone progress through the "should I buy smokes or gas?" dilemma only to settle on getting the smokes and a couple bucks of gas.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
When I need to fill up the gas can for the lawnmower, I go ahead and top off the tank in my car.
randy828
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
Ragoo said:

I think the spirit of the thread is being inside the corner mart and watching someone fumble through a wad of singles and tell the attendant they want $4 on pump 3. Sometimes, like I posted above, you get the rare treat of watching someone progress through the "should I buy smokes or gas?" dilemma only to settle on getting the smokes and a couple bucks of gas.

I disagree, because the OP didn't say he saw anything happen inside. He just mentioned somebody spent $5 on gas and wtf are they thinking?
Ag 11
AG
80s Guy
histag10 said:

Quote:

Well I live in a small town and see her everyday, and she actually owns the place and is a bit of a gossip. I'd prefer she not suddenly think I'm broke and can't even buy a full gallon of gas.

You do realize a deeeek was sucked to make this cash transaction, right?
vin1041
AG
At 16 I was guilty of this.
BeastmodeAg
AG
I do $10-$20 occasionally as I'm OCD were the needle is pointing at times..
Bondag
AG
Back in my day you could put $5 in the tank and drive for a week.
Wicked Good Ag
We do that when one tank is really low and we are taking both cars the next day or two to Krogers for fuel when we have like .80 off of the 35 gallons we get between the cars. It is a pain but we save like 50 a month sometimes and we use that for a date night
aTm2004
AG
I've done this quite a bit in the past couple of years. I can make it to work and back 4 days on a tank of gas. Usually on Thursday, my light comes on about 10 miles from my exit. If I've done some running around during lunch or on my way home during the week, I will normally stop in and put a few bucks in to get me to my side of town where gas is usually $0.15-0.20 cheaper per gallon. In the grand scheme of things, it's only a few bucks saved by filling up around my house, but that will pay for my tolls on the drive home.
JimDandy
Me...in 1987.
aTm2004
AG
But yeah, gas was like $0.85/gal back then. I remember in HS when it would hit $1/gal and I'd freak out.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.