Who only puts $5 of gas in the tank?

8,019 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgsMyDude
JimDandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In 1987 I was in high school working at a gas station. One of my jobs at the end of the night was to drop the receipts and cash off at the owner's house. I would pump $5 worth of gas in my '69 Chevy pickup and drop a note in the bank bag saying so. The owner never said anything, but my co-workers acted like I was robbing a bank.
aTm2004
AG
You should have told your co-workers that he deducts that from your paycheck.
duffelpud
AG
These guys.

swc93
AG
Maybe they were just buying a little Supreme to freshen up the tank.
HollywoodBQ
AG
vin1041 said:

At 16 I was guilty of this.
At 16, $5 would get you a good 6+ gallons though
HollywoodBQ
AG
One summer, I worked highway construction out of La Marque. My mentor on that job was a gigantic black dude from Dickinson. This guy was 6'5" and he was the baby of the family. His older brother was 6'7" and his oldest brother was 6'9" and went by the name "Big Dad".

This guy had a ton of great stories and a lot of good life philosophy and lessons learned that he didn't mind sharing. Especially when it came to dealing with teenage daughters. So, here's what he told me about putting gas in your car.

Every bit of philosophy he'd lay out always began with... "Now look at dis ry-che-ar"

"See, I don't lea(ve) no gas in my ride. Cuz, if you gonna borrow my ride, you gonna put some gas in the mother"
PseudonymK
AG
"Now look at dis ry-che-ar"

This is how I know you are tellin' the truth! (or You ain't lyin' or tellin' stories)
aggiepublius
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

We do that when one tank is really low and we are taking both cars the next day or two to Krogers for fuel when we have like .80 off of the 35 gallons we get between the cars. It is a pain but we save like 50 a month sometimes and we use that for a date night
This.
62strat
AG
I've done it when I realize I don't have enough gas to make it home from work, and it's 0 degrees and windy outside. I'll put 2 gallons in that mofo just to make it home.. I can get a full tank the next day when it's warmer.
cr0wbar
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

We do that when one tank is really low and we are taking both cars the next day or two to Krogers for fuel when we have like .80 off of the 35 gallons we get between the cars. It is a pain but we save like 50 a month sometimes and we use that for a date night
We're a kroger gas family too
aTm2004
AG
We do this in December when they offer 4x points on gift cards for Christmas and we get up to $1 off pretty easily. We fill up both cars and I take all of my gas cans so I can get through the summer mowing as well. Outside of that, we rarely get anything more off since we primarily shop at HEB and only go to Kroger for stuff we need that night since it's closer.
GoneGirl
AG
I do when I forget to fill up my car either near home or near work and have to get enough to get where I'm going.. Gas on I-10 is expensive and I don't want to have to spend any more time than necessary out of my car there.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Kee Kee said:

This is how I know you are tellin' the truth! (or You ain't lyin' or tellin' stories)
Another one of my favorites was when he told me about Andre Ware.

"Now, look at dis ry-che-ar. You ever think that the little kid, who comes over and steals **** from your your house is gonna grow up and win the Highs-Mann trophy?"
jickyjack1
brokenspur64
I don't have the patience to stand there and fill up, and usually don't unless I'm going to Houston. I usually $10 myself to death throughout the week..
PseudonymK
AG
Why are you still up?
TV Casualty
AG
When I was in High School and college there were definitely a few times that I did that. I didn't have a credit card and was sometimes low on funds.
Texker
AG
I did that quite often in HS but gas was $1/gal.
PseudonymK
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Kee Kee said:

Another one of my favorites was when he told me about Andre Ware.

"Now, look at dis ry-che-ar. You ever think that the little kid, who comes over and steals **** from your your house is gonna grow up and win the Highs-Mann trophy?"
Love it.
PseudonymK
AG
I need to start this book, very soon.
AgsMyDude
AG
Maybe filling up a gas can for yard work?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.