************Official TexAgs General Board Secret Santa 2016************

61,502 Views | 763 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Claude!
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Folks, it's time for my favorite GB activity, the Secret Santa. Sign up link is below:

https://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/19731849/90b074/

The gift limit is $50. Names will be drawn on November 15. Gifts are to be delivered by December 20, so ship in plenty of time!

Some tips:

- MAKE SURE YOUR ELFSTER SCREEN NAME IDENTIFIES YOU. We don't know your real name, after all, so we need to know who you are so we can buy appropriately. I'll verify identities of those who are questionable. Anyone impersonating another poster (yes, this has happened) will be banned.

- Fill out your wish list! You can post a link to almost any site and it will get added to the list. The wish list isn't just good for shopping, but for giving your Santa an idea of the types of stuff you like.

- Use the anonymous interface to talk to your selectee, and to other GBers. Some people in the past have entertained us by asking zany questions over the course of the exchange.

- If you don't normally, post on the GB. Say hello in the Good Morning thread. Offer an opinion on the suitability of "toucan" as the name for your child. Getting to know everyone will help you have a great exchange.

- When you get your gift, post pics in this thread and tell us about it.

- Be excellent to each other. Be thoughtful in your gift selection. Don't flake or be a jerk. If you have a problem or need to back out or whatever, just tell me and I'll handle it. Be nice.

Let's do this!
Charpie
AG
Not to be a negative nancy, but the deadbeats and jerks make it a TON of fun to manage. I'll share my notes from last year with you!
AliasMan02
AG
Charpie said:

Not to be a negative nancy, but the deadbeats and jerks make it a TON of fun to manage. I'll share my notes from last year with you!

I was gonna hit you up for that.

I might mention that we will have a group discussion off the board should any previous deadbeats wish to participate. I want to be inclusive, but that must have some limits.

Ho ho ho.
GigEmAgs14
AG
in
chiken
AG
Nm
histag10
AG
i've never done this for fear that I would spend the $50, and get some jackass who decides to spend $5 because while there is a limit, there is no minimum.

/imamillennialandwanthwhatideserve
Frederick Palowaski
AG
It's October
PA04
I never want to do this but don't like the idea of a few jackass posters knowing my name and address.
AliasMan02
AG
histag10 said:

i've never done this for fear that I would spend the $50, and get some jackass who decides to spend $5 because while there is a limit, there is no minimum.

In my experience, people have been incredibly thoughtful and generous with their gifts. We've only had a few deadbeats. Look back at the old threads and you'll see that people are very touched/tickled by their gifts.
AliasMan02
AG
PA04 said:

I never want to do this but don't like the idea of a few jackass posters knowing my name and address.

Only your draw will know your address, and I can prevent any particular matchups you may fear. Just sign up when I post the link and send me a message on Elfster.
AliasMan02
AG
Mr.NiceGuy said:

It's October

Name draw is in just a couple of weeks to get in before the shopping season. This is the traditional time to initiate so people have time to sign up.
hunterntexas
AG
I received nice gifts.
I went cheap, but tried to make it comical and relevant to my recipient.

Skipped last year, but will most likely join again this year.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Maybe I'll include a sheep mask instead of a turkey baster this year
80s Guy
Wade Winston Wilson said:

Maybe I'll include a sheep mask instead of a turkey baster this year
Chazz03
AG
histag10 said:

Hey $5 is better than $0
GinaLinetti
AG
AliasMan02 said:

histag10 said:

In my experience, people have been incredibly thoughtful and generous with their gifts. We've only had a few deadbeats. Look back at the old threads and you'll see that people are very touched/tickled by their gifts.

This.
AliasMan02
AG
It's almost like you had the best SS ever a few years ago.
AliasMan02
AG
Fwiw, I was originally stiffed last year but am still super excited about this year. I'll see to it that nobody gets left hanging.
FNG
I tried to sign up legitimately a couple of years ago and me along with a few others had our names/emails tossed aside. It seemed like a fun idea.

If you are part of the clique.
viper14
AG
GigEmAgs14 said:

in
It's too early then again it is never too early to celebrate christmas
Charpie
AG
histag10
AG
FNG said:

nm

nm

Edited for Alias
AliasMan02
AG
FNG,

This exchange is very open. Lots of people have participated, from all "groups" and even lurkers. I'm not going to get into your history with the exchange here in public.

Fwiw, you will not be summarily dismissed from the exchange. If you want to sign up, you will need to first discuss it with me off the board. Aliasman02@gmail.com

Please refrain from derailing this thread, as we don't want to get it locked/deleted. Please edit your previous post to "nm" in the best spirit of this activity.
haircut
AG
FYI, Cherry is a great Secret Santa!

Last year I gave my person a vibrator and hope it is broke by now
GigEmAgs14
AG
Charpie is also a great Secret Santa
GigEmAgs14
AG
viper14 said:

GigEmAgs14 said:

in
It's too early then again it is never too early to celebrate christmas
Ghost91
PA04 said:

I've read this four times now, and the double negative is throwing me off. So.....if you've NEVER wanted to do this, then you shouldn't have to worry about people knowing your address. Right?
Or did you mean that you DO want to do this, but are concerned about sharing your address?
COOL LASER FALCON
I originally got stuck with one of the deadbeats last year. Even if Cherry hadn't come through and very generously given me some awesome gifts, I probably would have done it again this year. It's fun.
Claude!
I've participated the last couple of years and have enjoyed it immensely both times--the gifts I've received have all been thoughtful and/or amusing, and I got a big kick out of giving gifts and, in some small way, getting to know something about posters who I might not interact with a whole lot. If you're worried about your potential ROI, the whole Secret Santa thing isn't for you.

That being said, there are occasionally some deadbeats. As the Class of 2002 (Whoop) is the most generous and altruistic of all classes, if there are some deadbeats, I'll work with Alias to make sure that nobody winds up getting left out.
Pirate04
AG
I want to play.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Just made the sheep mask purchase. They no longer had the Erick Rowan one available, so I had to get the Braun Strowman one
Swarely
I'm in! I've had some great secret santas in the past. $50 is good for me.
Charpie
AG
GigEmAgs14 said:

Charpie is also a great Secret Santa
Thanks!
FishrCoAg
AG
Count me in this year. The turkey baster came in handy at work, Wade!
Tree Hugger
AG
I'm in again.

I just need to make sure I get it shipped off earlier this year. I was late in ordering things last year, and since I had to ship them to Boots in Japan, she didn't get them until after the first of the year. I felt pretty bad about that and promised myself I wouldn't do it again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.