Pokemon Go....little advice

41,071 Views | 295 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Uncle Howdy
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It wasn't obscure! That all started when Fry ripped the "do not microwave" sticker off of the Jiffy Pop... Which ended up "less popped than ever."
MouthBQ98
AG
Just had two teenagers wander right past me as I was exiting Burger King trying to find a Pokemon. Hopefully they stay out of nearby heavy traffic on their quest.
Smee
I just put my Fitbit on my dog when I need to get some steps. I wonder if the fan would work better.
redline248
AG
How far does you gps tracker need to move to register distance traveled for hatching eggs? I have no problem walking back and forth in my house, but won't do it if I doesn't count towards the egg.
tfishtex
AG
If you walk all the way across your house it should work, I'll sometimes get distance while sitting still just from it correcting my location, and I've gotten it from walking in a straight line through a building and back

Edit: app has to be open though
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Good move by the university.

Once the app is fully up and running, they're gonna make a killing selling rare Pokemon placements in retail establishments, city parks, and anywhere that wants to do some promoting.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/13/12171920/pokemon-go-businesses-pokestops-sponsored
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
recherche may have been a better word than obscure.
TexasRebel
AG
Recondite, maybe?
Btron
AG
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crime-law/police-pokemon-go-player-robbed-at-gunpoint-at-sou/nrxr3/
combat wombat™
AG
so someone was robbed? he just happened to be playing pokemon go when it happened.
HowdyOutbound
quote:
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crime-law/police-pokemon-go-player-robbed-at-gunpoint-at-sou/nrxr3/

The liberal media is just anti-capitalism. They will continue to spread fear about Pokemon Go.
MouthBQ98
AG
You know they'll be selling Pokemon baiting" to retail establishments. I.E. They will manifest more/new/better stuff near or in certain retail locations for a per-user fee to those retailers to try to drag or guide foot traffic there, and look for in-game advertising tie in content when this happens.

It's genius, really. A whole new genre of addictive gaming that entices people to retail storefronts.
Uncle Howdy
S
I have access to a Pokestop from my office, so I currently have over 110 Pokeballs
HowdyOutbound
quote:
I have access to a Pokestop from my office, so I currently have over 110 Pokeballs

Same here. I've built up 170 pokeballs. I need to be careful not to run out of item space.
HowdyOutbound
If there was a gym accessible from my cubicle, I probably wouldn't get any work done.
jetch17
AG
HowdyOutbound
quote:

I still haven't caught a Pikachu
SPSAg05
AG
Mario Kart GO would be a trip.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Same here. I've built up 170 pokeballs. I need to be careful not to run out of item space.

Nearest one to me is about a mile
tfishtex
AG
quote:

Ass pokemon
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
F'er.
Uncle Howdy
S
I don't have one within 3 miles of my house, so I have to stock up during the day so I don't run out
Professor Frick
AG
Shop across the street is pokestop, can access from home.
Prune Tracy
Phat32
AG
My favorite part of this game is the attempted olds who are too cool for it. News flash - you are not "too cool" for anything post high school. Do what you want.

I've seen more people outside and congregating than maybe ever. I don't care what causes it, that is very cool.
MorgansPoint
AG
Had a grown man stop by my house 4 times in 2 days while I was putting up 240' of fence around my yard this week. I stopped him and asked him wtf he was doing.

"I'm chasing Pokemon."

"What?"

"Chasing Pokemon. It's a game."

"You're a grown man."

Haven't seen him since.
redline248
AG
Ran out of clouds at which to yell?
MorgansPoint
AG
No. When I'm hanging 240' of fence in dried clay, limestone, and cedar trees in 105* heat, and some millennial stops 10' feet from you in the street and starts yelling obnoxiously next to me from his car, I told him to gtfo. Don't want to hear that BS. Go chase Pokemon now.
redline248
AG
What was he yelling at you?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
No. When I'm hanging 240' of fence in dried clay, limestone, and cedar trees in 105* heat, and some millennial stops 10' feet from you in the street and starts yelling obnoxiously next to me from his car, I told him to gtfo. Don't want to hear that BS. Go chase Pokemon now.

I went to college so I could pay people to hang fenced while I drink beer and play video games
MorgansPoint
AG
I went to college, too. Congratulations.

I enjoy working in my yard. Just found this guy obnoxious.
MorgansPoint
AG
Generally, stopping in the road and yelling out a stream of obscenities.
Duncan Idaho
Lot of biotching for something you enjoy
MorgansPoint
AG
Ok.
redline248
AG
quote:
Generally, stopping in the road and yelling out a stream of obscenities.

Sounds like just a crazy or weirdo in general not caused by pokemon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.