Tostitos rolls?

2,825 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 80s Guy
unimboti nkum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
genius or terrible?
Ragoo
AG
This thread. Terrible.
reb,
AG
I think this completely depends on the salsa. There are some salsas that are best just dipping in, because they have so much flavor and/or heat that a thin coating is all you want. Then there are the salsas where you want to use the chip like a spoon. These seem aimed at the former type of salsa mentioned, and I'd probably try it out. I have an habanero garlic salsa in my fridge that is absolutely kicking my ass, and this might help me finish it off one day.
unimboti nkum
AG
i would think they'd only be useful for queso.
reb,
AG
why only queso

this is important
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Thought this thread was about Totino's pizza rolls which are ****ing awesome. I don't know anything about these other kind of rolls.
reb,
AG
quote:
Thought this thread was about Totino's pizza rolls which are ****ing awesome. I don't know anything about these other kind of rolls.
that was my first thought as well, but i went ahead and googled it, and apparently the OP is referring to these:

As far as Totino's rolls, I love them, even if after every batch ive ever had, there is one filled with molten lava that scalds my mouth. That is likely user error.
unimboti nkum
AG
i prefer getting as much salsa or queso on a chip as possible.

i would think salsa would just run off a "roll." not enough salsa.

unless you could dip it in perfectly vertically, cover the open end with your finger, withdraw, then eat the whole thing. that's also what she said.
reb,
AG
quote:
i prefer getting as much salsa or queso on a chip as possible.

i would think salsa would just run off a "roll." not enough salsa.

unless you could dip it in perfectly vertically, cover the open end with your finger, withdraw, then eat the whole thing. that's also what she said.
I get that, and thats why I said it depends on the type of salsa (or queso)

If you have are buyin Pace medium or velveeta, then you want the scoop-type tostitos. But for the masochistic torture salsas like this one, you have to pace (no pun intended) yourself.

There's a place on Bellaire (in Houston) called iBurn that provides plenty of salsas and hot sauces to punish yourself, check it out.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
why only queso

this is important
kinematic viscosity
Kitten With A Whip
quote:
quote:
that was my first thought as well, but i went ahead and googled it, and apparently the OP is referring to these:

If I ever find these, I will buy them and use them to suck the queso straight from the dish. A corn flavored straw for queso? I can't think of anything better!
unimboti nkum
AG
thanks. i just don't enjoy punishing myself with overly hot salsas. at a certain point, it's not enjoyable.

i buy a flavorful medium and add a hotter habanero sauce to my liking.

trader joe's double-roasted has been my go-to base for years now.

reb,
AG
this thread is bad for me. I spent the afternoon exploring homemade beef jerky recipes, and now im looking into salsas and hot sauces. My GI is not a fan of my tastes.
30_Days
AG
echoing earlier comments. They work really well with queso. They've made the dinamita ones for a while now in awesome flavors, and those are great in queso.

salsa not so much.
chipotle
scoops or gtfo
80s Guy
quote:
scoops or gtfo
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.