Thanks BOR

9,843 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by histag10
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Idk its Harrington so 1658? What does this have to do with anything?
get a real major
Geralt of Rivia
S
It took me 20 minutes to get to work today instead of the normal 15 minutes!
histag10
AG
quote:
Lol, I was here when their little plan started, nice try though. My argument does not stem from a "qualified student" standpoint. It stems from a purely logistical standpoint. At 80000 students, they won't be able to get to their classes at all without considerable infrastructure additions.

You must be a career student, because the incoming freshmen numbers have been rising since before I started college. As far as infrastructure goes, Ross street was closed my entire time in college, along with a few others. Texas was under construction (for years). I still made it to every class I intended to go to.
SUPAGGIE
I was in CS from '02 to '10 with a two semester break in '08/'09. I never had a problem getting to class on time.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Purchase a decent bicycle. Get rid of parking pass. Live within a few mile radius of campus. Problem solved.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
Because of your fantastic plan that has nothing to do with personal greed. Every day is like game day! By that I mean the traffic, and no I'm not exaggerating. Luckily I was able to get to my class on time, but it's time to start and the 300 person class is 1/4 full. No doubt quite a few tried to take the bus lol. Every single stop I passed on the way in had enough to fill a bus.

I hope all of you read this.

**** you, someone who actually has to live in the ****hole you have created
Tanya 93
I never had a vehicle until my first senior year. I used to take shuttle buses to buy groceries.

But I was never late for class. Leave earlier or ride a bike.
OregonAggie
AG
Here's an idea for you:

Leave earlier.

Pretty simple really.
80s Guy
quote:
Here's an idea for you:

Leave earlier.

Pretty simple really.
But, but that doesn't fit my moral outrage!

Someone fix this!

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I was never late to class either.

Mainly because extreme social anxiety made me terrified that people might look up at me if I walked in late, so I just skipped class altogether if I wasn't on time.
OregonAggie
AG
Maybe Op's mommy can drive him to school and pack him a lunch too.
Spotted Ag
AG
quote:
Purchase a decent bicycle. Get rid of parking pass. Live within a few mile radius of campus. Problem solved.
That one time I t-boned that chick in front of Bolton. Never saw her coming. I was surprised. She cried. She stopped. I helped her up and sent her happily on her way.
Natasha Romanoff
Yeah, OP, once you're working no one cares about your traffic problems. Leave earlier, live somewhere closer/that will cause you to go against traffic, or suck it up.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
Pardon me for being dismissive, but which part of going to Texas A&M didn't include "wait in long lines"??

If you're not an hour early for class from off campus, you're late.

EDIT: which might explain why they can get away with $800 per month for shared dorm rooms and $10 per meal cafeteria costs...

Holy ****.
mid90
AG
quote:
It took me 20 minutes to get to work today instead of the normal 15 minutes!
It took me 12 minutes to get to work today instead of the normal 10 minutes!
Geralt of Rivia
S
The struggle is real! Damn students
mid90
AG
quote:
The struggle is real! Damn students

Except that I live in the Houston area
gambochaman
AG
welcome to the real world

get your ass out of bed earlier and get to campus early...problem solved
histag10
AG
I'm assuming OP is a senior. Can we all agree he is doing college wrong?

-senior
-early classes
-goes to syllabus day
-hasn't figured out transportation in 3 years
TexasRebel
AG
It's all a big hassle until you go to Physics and meet Jenny. Then talk a bit, hang out a bit, live together a while and she breaks your heart... Enjoy your freshman year, OP!

"Well Shiner Bock it was good to me
It treated me better than history
Or that little blond I met in science lab..."
mid90
AG
quote:
I'm assuming OP is a senior. Can we all agree he is doing college wrong?

-senior
-early classes
-goes to syllabus day

In aerospace, there was only 1 class time offered for most classes. Which meant that I had an 8am the last semester of senior year.

We also never got a syllabus day.
Builder93
AG
I rode a bike both ways uphill and still beat the shuttle bus. Too hot, you say? Well, the buses didn't have AC either.
CharlieBrown17
AG
All of my classes have been full with less than 10 people coming in late....
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
I never went to class. Lectures are a waste of time and a hindrance to the learning process.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
I never went to class. Lectures are a waste of time and a hindrance to the learning process.

I'll tell you how I feel about school: it's a waste of time. Bunch of people runnin' around bumpin' into each other, got a guy up front says, '2 + 2,' and the people in the back say, '4.' Then the bell rings and they give you a carton of milk and a piece of paper that says you can go take a dump or somethin'. I mean, it's not a place for smart people. I know that's not a popular opinion, but that's my two cents on the issue.
91_Aggie
AG
millennials
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
Does the entire population of any city all have to go to the same place? I'm sure the people going to work in south cs had no problems this morning.

Yeah. It's called rush hour.

If you're lucky, you'll learn about it soon enough.
histag10
AG
quote:
Does the entire population of any city all have to go to the same place? I'm sure the people going to work in south cs had no problems this morning.

No, they do not, and they certainly don't in cs. As you pointed out, some people work in south cs.
scout 7866
all i know about the OP is his intent to give his firstborn the initials ATM

please don't do that
45-70Ag
AG
If I ever thought I might be late to class I didn't go. Several times just kept walking to north gate and spent the rest of the day there
Jules_Winnfield
quote:
I moved to CS from Houston. It took one and half hours to get to work in Houston. about 2-2 1/2 to get home. I was at my bus stop in CS this morning at 7am (all by myself) and got to work at 7:30.

You have a point about classes, but traffic really isnt an excuse to be late for something in life. Get up earlier.

And yeah, this town wasnt built or designed for as many people as are here, its miserable, but not really the BOR fault.

EOT!!!
TexasRebel
AG
Yeah.

Just name her Atm Kyle Olsen
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Bus stop was a ******* mad house at 7am this morning

TexasRebel
AG
Did you alert airport security about the suspicious package left behind?
Geralt of Rivia
S
It took me between 15-20 minutes to get to work today

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.