Marriage question

5,874 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ragoo
AggieDarlin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the idea of marriage annoys me.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
AggieDarlin
AG
marble rye
AG
MKF, just service yourself out to us females on the GB and all will be well.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
MKF, just service yourself out to us females on the GB and all will be well.

One of the best gb guys fo sho
swimmerbabe11
I think Doctor Who had the right idea.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Polyamory
swimmerbabe11
Not advocating that by any means. More of the companion thing where he found someone to drop everything they were doing to follow him with no expectations of anything but an adventure. He never was intimate with any of his companions.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
I was just making a joke. Didn't he also send one of his companions to a different reality/dimension?
Sweet Clementine
AG
Serious answer: it depends.

It depends on what you want out of life, your partner, and what ultimately makes you happy. I'm the type of person that does well with companionship, so it's worked out for me. Some may be more independent or loner oriented.
B-1 83
AG
This is a swell place to get advice on marriage. Lots of fail to learn from.
Pro Sandy
AG
quote:
Is it even worth it? Something to do in life or should I just go ahead and skip it and just travel the world wife/family free?
My wife's ex feels this way. They had 2 kids and he just broke up with his long time girlfriend. He told my wife that they broke up because he doesn't want children. He just wants to travel and make music. Something you shouldn't tell the mother of your children is that you don't want children...

If you want to travel solo, go for it. Don't get married and then want to do that and ruin other peoples lives.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
I think Doctor Who had the right idea.

Rose, though

AggiePirate
AG
Right before you die, there has to be someone to wipe your ass and listen to your stories. This combined with a FREE THOUSAND BUCKS PER KID EVERY YEAR is why you need to marry and have children. Who can beat a thousand bucks man? Thanks Obama!
HBCanine08
AG
That money was being given out way before Obama. Plus if I need someone to wipe my ass just kill me
Holly Golightly
AG
this could work
GinaLinetti
AG
Having a partner is a good thing imo. Share the good share the bad. Knowing someone has your back. In theory at least, I want that. that or move to Costa Rica and charter a fishing boat for tourists.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

The idea of future AD soccer momming around a bunch of kids in a Tahoe delights me.
mid90
AG
quote:
Good Gawd, no. Free oil changes was really the only selling point, and most men these days can't even do that.

I guess I'm part of the 1%
5C
AG
I love being married. Find better women.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
It's been good for me.

I recommend it if you can find someone willing to grow with you and put up with your BS and whose BS you're willing to put up with.

Also, I sucked at convincing women to get naked with me so it's nice that I never have to figure out how to convince someone else to do so.
DrZ
AG
I am an old guy. Take this for what its worth. Nothing

Marrying the wrong women is as bad of choice as you will ever make. It will have lifetime consequences.

Marrying the right women is equally as a life changing decision but in the other direction. If you cannot be willing to alter your life for her then she is not the right choice. I would truly lay down my life for her without hesitation. The idea of anyone on this earth raising my children besides her is unthinkable. We have had ups and downs but life is worth living with her. After thirty years the best part of my day is making her giggle. Its like crack cocaine. I cant ever get enough..

If you are unsure then she is not right.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
This is a swell place to get advice on marriage. Lots of fail to learn from.
For real. Didn't one of the divorce threads reveal that the average GB poster has had as many divorces as Liz Taylor?
histag10
AG
quote:
It's been good for me.

I recommend it if you can find someone willing to grow with you and put up with your BS and whose BS you're willing to put up with.

Also, I sucked at convincing women to get naked with me so it's nice that I never have to figure out how to convince someone else to do so.

Probably for the best. If you were good at it, you might have ended up Dad-A-Whole-Lot
Dad-O-Lot
AG
quote:
quote:
It's been good for me.

Probably for the best. If you were good at it, you might have ended up Dad-A-Whole-Lot
very likely
hillcountryag86
AG
I won't offer advice on this.

I know my limitations.
superunknown
AG
quote:
Good Gawd, no. Free oil changes was really the only selling point, and most men these days can't even do that.
I told you, I don't like getting my hands dirty!
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
I hate to say it but I might do it with the knowledge I could always divorce. I need some children

Marriage and children are not mutually exclusive

I don't think that you know what mutually exclusive means.
TexasRebel
AG
I don't know...

I guess it'll be up to Pirate04...
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
I told you, I don't like getting my hands dirty!
also, oil changes are cheap. Once the price of a service drops below what I myself make on a per hour basis, I'm far less inclined to want to do it myself.
histag10
AG
You're right. I used it incorrectly. Whoopty ****ing do
80s Guy
quote:
quote:

The idea of future AD soccer momming around a bunch of kids in a Tahoe delights me.
Oh yeah
bmc13
AG
quote:
It's dangerous to go alone!

here, take this

haircut
AG
quote:
I am an old guy. Take this for what its worth. Nothing

Marrying the wrong women is as bad of choice as you will ever make. It will have lifetime consequences.

Marrying the right women is equally as a life changing decision but in the other direction. If you cannot be willing to alter your life for her then she is not the right choice. I would truly lay down my life for her without hesitation. The idea of anyone on this earth raising my children besides her is unthinkable. We have had ups and downs but life is worth living with her. After thirty years the best part of my day is making her giggle. Its like crack cocaine. I cant ever get enough..

If you are unsure then she is not right.
Man, that is good stuff!
Holly Golightly
AG
quote:
I don't know...

I guess it'll be up to Pirate04...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.