Have you ever been on TV?

7,369 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Frederick Palowaski
joemeister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In high school I competed on the KTXS (Abilene ABC station) Academic Challenge with 3 class mates. Made it 3 rounds.

Was also interviewed for the San Angelo CBS local news after a car accident I was involved in.
TXRed75
AG
My post is out of order for some reason.

Radio bit before 2012 season's Cotton Bowl. I was plastered. Stayed up all night smoking pork and drinking. Drank with the only other guy awake till his friends woke up. Some radio guy interviewed us about the game at about 6am. My commentary must have been the drunkest.

AngelAg
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
No one cares about y'alls stupid 15 minutes of fame
So don't open the thread.
I don't think you understand. I opened this thread to tell everyone that no one cares
And no one cares about your opinions.
Obvi someone does! Not pointing fingers or anything
You cared enough to open the thread and keep reading it.

Not pointing fingers or anything.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/675x380/2015/07/cranston.jpg
Of course I care about the thread within a thread I created. Plus I love winning, which I am doing.
Prune Tracy
quote:
Stayed up all night smoking pork and drinking.

Sounds like you got on the same bus as Chemical Toilet.
histag10
AG
quote:
Oh yeah I forgot. Fox News and one of their anchors came to one of my political science classes at A&M

Did you have to sign a FERPA release?
I Play With Guns
S
A few interviews
A commercial
FoxSports
Biz Ag
AG
I was interviewed by Bart Ennis on Channel 2 when they canceled the Oilers/Chargers preseason football game at the Dome in '95 due to problems with the turf.

Bud Adams used that as the final straw to move the team to Nashville.

Hard to believe that's been almost twenty years.
Wildman15
AG
Yup. Got a great close up of me about 3 years ago at a football game. So great yall even posted a picture of it on one of these threads.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I've been on TV several times. Used to anchor the local news and have been interviewed since then.
MEENag
AG
I was interviewed on local BCS news the day Bonfire fell. I was just standing around the site in the late afternoon and the news chick asked if I would go on. It would be interesting to see now. I felt like it went pretty well at the time, but I was probably awful.
Post removed:
by user
ag88man
AG
Christmas shopping with the family at Northpark when I was a kid in the early 70s. (Set up shots for the local news)
Interviewed about a "stabbing" at the Jefferson Memorial. (Local DC news)
Interviewed about the 50th Anniversary of Six Flags in 2011 I think. (Local news 5)
Sitting around at Kaboomtown this July. (Local news 8)
I've been told a couple of times at Mavericks games when we had seats on the floor or with players families.
Aero95
AG
I got interviewed by our local news (KS) on the day of the Bonfire accident. They found me through the Association's club list for a local perspective on the tragedy.
TXRed75
AG
quote:
Interviewed about the 50th Anniversary of Six Flags in 2011 I think. (Local news 5)

Six Flags is racist. Will soon be 5 Flags.
Ryan the Temp
AG
All the time. Next time will be Sunday on one of the morning shows. I've done all the local Houston stations, some regional affiliates in other states, and some national networks, including FOX, MSNBC, and some international networks. I got dubbed in Portuguese for BBC Brasil once. That was fun. I was booked to debate Mike Huckabee on Geraldo but got bumped because the Sikh temple got shot up. I was in a documentary about Don't Ask, Don't Tell, and I've been an actor in some customer service training videos.

Most of the time it was for gay stuff.
htownag10
AG
Yep every 2012 SEC football game working the sidelines with the team.
firethewagonup
quote:
Yes. Guest performer on bang bus
best 2.5 second documentary I've ever dun seen
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Some thugs shot my dad while he was fighting a fire and the news interviewed me. Really lead to a lot of strife and turmoil in my family.

Do you know Tyler Durden?
Ryan the Temp
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
KBTX classroom champion...plus a few other times for other sports related stuff
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Football games and news/highlights.
petey88

twice

1st time was being interviewed by a local news field reporter after I had two .38's stuck in my head in an Aggravated Armed Robbery when I was 17. Not going name the sh*t hole town I grew up in, but it's still the same.

2nd being outside Texas Stadium in the parking lot Jethro Party Tent in 1991, if I remember. Cowboys had just beaten the Cardinals late in the year with two games to play to try to make the wild card. That was on Ch 5 in DFW, on Scott Murray's Sports Extra.

Leaving that sh*t hole was the 2nd best thing I ever did,...

graduating from Texas A&M was far and away the best
bigfoot10s
AG
Shell Houston Open with a fellow poster

Post removed:
by user
45-70Ag
AG
A few times here locally when something happens at school and for the lunch time gang rape that landed six in prison for years.

I was in Detroit after a drive by on our campus. The district spokesperson was afraid to come by so I was volun-told to do it.
TauChi21
Yup,
Interviewed by BBC during CPAC this year. Never saw it though.
Was on Fox News in 2012 at the Presidential debate in Denver. Hilarious footage arguing with some Occupy Denver hippie.
Quite a few local news things, but nothing terribly interesting.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
Many times related to playing sports in HS.
Swarely
Forgot that I was in the crowd at an mtv show during their Summer in the Keys in 2001. My cousin and I were in the front row and a bunch of people saw me, but I never saw it.
AW 1880
AG
I was a contestant on wheel of fortune when I was 14.

I held a sign that said Corso wears a Merkin on college gameday when it was at South Carolina.

That's my GB post for the year.
AggieDarlin
AG
Cat Paws in Motion on KLRN

I was in 8th grade and our choir was filmed in their studio singing and dancing some janky-ass numbers dressed as '20s flappers.
Quinn
AG
I was front row for Gameday and was out there the Friday before for the quick Sportscenter hits.

Got interviewed by some Austin TV station the day MJ died bc I was in a record store.

Been on tv at Mavs games in HS.

Was on TV at a Yankees games. Showed me chatting with my buddy during God Bless America.
Motel California
S
This guy gave me a surprise interview once. I forget the net work but he seemed like big stuff

Motel California
S
True story. Went to the game and took my best friend. He's from TN and it was his first time to go to Kyle. His wife was back in Killeen and decided to watch the game. He got a text with this picture of us that she screen shot. She had no clue where in the stadium we were but spotted us. My buddy is wearing the aggie hoodie right above the FTAB. M next to him. He's now an obsessed Aggie fan

Alan Pavio
AG
The morning after graduating from A&M I drove to San Antonio on less than an hour of sleep (partied hard with family and friends the night before) to watch Martin Piller play in his first PGA event.

As soon as I stepped on the course the weather horns sounded for a delay which ended up lasting a couple of hours. I hung out with his family for a little while in a tent, but decided to get some fresh air and hang out in a grandstand with an awning providing protection from the rain (sat there by myself, staring at an empty green/course).

At some point I noticed one of the cameras on the tower next to me was aimed right at me and the red light was on. Didn't think here was any way they were recording me, as I figured by that point they were showing alternate programming.

At the end of the day I went back to my car and had a text from a friend that had been involved in the festivities the night before, saying they had seen me on TV. They recorded it on DVR and sure enough, they zoomed in on me, and Jim Nantz made a comment about me being a young lad/die hard golf fan.

To this day I still can't believe my friends even had it tuned in to see it. I wish I had a copy of it, but that was pre camera phone days for me, and I wasn't able to make a recording of the DVR. I guess I could contact CBS and see if they have it in their archives for some reason.

The ironic part was ol' Jim had met me before earlier that year at the Kansas game, and I was wearing Ninja Turgeon gear.
cr06gis
AG
I was in a commercial for MLB baseball that aired during the postseason in 2009 titled "Loyalty". Some friends and I were in Arizona for spring training that spring and MLB network was walking around random games asking fans questions.Pretty crazy when it aired,had no idea I was in it. Im pretty easy to find

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.