Anyone from Temple? What did Yank Sing used to be?

7,956 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by coppag92
att hello
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know the one in Killeen was were the Luby's massacre took place, but the Temple location looks different. I think it was once a strip club (wood paneling, main stage, smaller rooms, strip club like awning, etc.), but my wife doesn't believe so.

Temple location with Yelp photos:

The Killeen Luby's with a much wider awning, glass windows all over, etc:

GinaLinetti
AG
I don't know what it was but its ****ing gross
Uncle Howdy
S
My first thought looking at pics was scrip club
TSUAggie
That may be the only place in Temple that I didn't eat at after living there for 20 years.
Matsui
AG

att hello
quote:
I'm from temple. It used to be a lubys. Lubys moved over to the interstate.

Crap. That's what she told me it was. Are you 100% sure? Thanks for the info, though.
Matsui
AG

B-1 83
AG
Is that the place at Lake Road/36? 40 years ago it was the Golden Dragon and darn good
coppag92
AG
No, not the same chinese place. You are right about Golden Dragon though on lake road/36. Awesome garlic chicken they had there. Became a Hunans years later.

I will second that the Yang Sing used to be Luby's too. Right across from what used to be the old Kings Daughters hospital on the loop. Looking up on google maps, cannot believe Mazzio's Pizza still there after 20+ years.
B-1 83
AG
Got it placed now
nuRowdy
juice
agclassof08
AG
Sadly, Mazzio's is shut down. They had the best salad bar ever.

It looks like another independent restaurant is moving in.
TshirtVulture
I do not remember yank sing ever being a luby's but the restaurant it was before yank sing was Olive Garden. They closed in temple and moved to Killeen. People were pretty steamed at them in temple and thoughts were they would possibly not do well if they returned. I think they have done fine.
TshirtVulture
In fact the luby's location on the interstate is the same location since early 90's when I arrived in area. Thought I heard the used to be in mall before that
TSUAggie
Speaking of the mall, how is that **** hole still open now that the new movie theater opened up?
coppag92
AG
Did not know Mazzio's was gone as still showed on google maps and looked open. Luby's used to be in the mall but it was the old Town and Country mall on south side of town. There was a similar restaurant in the current Temple Mall years ago but it was called Picadilly. Same concept as a Luby"s. Guess the Temple Mall is still open. Have not been there in years.
TshirtVulture
Still there. Plenty of spots for new business's if one was so inclined.
TshirtVulture
Ah yes Piccadilly, I remember that as well. Think it was where cotton patch is now.
Cowboy1990
Correct....it was Olive Garden.
cblaze
Born and raised here. It was only a Olive Garden until they moved. It sat vacant for a few years until Yank Sing opened. And I feel like Lodes, that place freakin sucks. House of Lee was just around the corner and it was family mainstay for decades, but it shut down. Miss that place.
TennAg
house of lee was damn good...and yes the pictures above are of a really tricked out Olive Garden shell
mel99
AG
House of Lee had cockroaches crawling on the walls. Food was good, but couldn't eat there after seeing that. Besides the owner's kids were BSC.

Olive Garden is the answer to the OP's question.
cblaze
quote:
House of Lee had cockroaches crawling on the walls. Food was good, but couldn't eat there after seeing that. Besides the owner's kids were BSC.

Olive Garden is the answer to the OP's question.
Hey did you know that the son died overseas serving our country in the army. Better know whats going on than talk mess. Yes I agree, daughter was BSC.
coppag92
AG
Well atthello, after intense consultation with the GB and whether it was Olive Garden or Luby's is still undecided.......probably safe to say that is was never a strip club. Sorry, looks like the wifey wins.

See, you did not comply with Rule #1 and got the bad ju ju.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.