Post a pic of yourself[Staff Warning: 12/29/16 update]

4,339,181 Views | 20112 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
ballchain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
he wanted to see a pic of my pool cue, but I couldn't till I got the shaft back from having the tip replaced, so i have since picked it up and posted a pic with the rest of my gear.
Gaayyyyyyyyyyy!
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
Way to go!

Thanks

If I can get myself out of bed, i'ma get some wings for dinner. For now though, I prefer not to move
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
SF marathon

Gangsta af. Well done, GT!
Gerald Tarrant
Thanks t. My second one in the books, this and B/CS. Both have been a blast

Btw, have you been around long? I can't remember seeing you on the gb when I still had my un-perma'd previous names
reb,
AG
quote:
quote:
he wanted to see a pic of my pool cue, but I couldn't till I got the shaft back from having the tip replaced, so i have since picked it up and posted a pic with the rest of my gear.
Gaayyyyyyyyyyy!
gay AF, really. its hard to get around when you are trying to talk about tips, shafts, balls, sticks, hardness, etc.

please accept this pic of a baby basset pup as penance.

ballchain
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gaayyyyyyyyyyy!
gay AF, really. its hard to get around when you are trying to talk about tips, shafts, balls, sticks, hardness, etc.

please accept this pic of a baby basset pup as penance.

Not a child mauling pit bull... penance not accepted.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Btw, have you been around long? I can't remember seeing you on the gb when I still had my un-perma'd previous names

I signed up under a different name back in 2008, but I honestly haven't been on the gb much until the past year or two. Also spend a lot of time on the SEC Rant (same username as here).

Gerald Tarrant
Cool man. Your posts are quality
tbirdspur2010
AG
Back atcha man. It's cool hanging out with y'all folk. Hopefully I don't wear out my welcome lol.

Enjoy those wings tonight if ya get 'em! Methinks you've earned that meal lol.
GinaLinetti
AG
Rest up a bit. You've earned it.
Kate Beckett
AG
Yesterday on the Kyle Field tour. This was at the top of the tunnel the players come out of.

AggieBand2004
AG
Very impressive, Tarrant.
The ex and I had plans to run that last year, before life got in the way
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
Very impressive, Tarrant.
The ex and I had plans to run that last year, before life got in the way

I'd still keep it high on your list. I took some of it for granted because I live here and can run those areas whenever I want, but it's a great destination race to make a long weekend out of. I'll tell you the same thing I told other running buddies, though - don't plan to PR here
AggieBand2004
AG
My sister and a couple of other good Ags live up there
nuRowdy
Her pics from earlier this month look awesome.
AggieBand2004
AG
Haven't seen 'em. I don't do the facebooks
bagger05
AG
So do you play pool for money, are you in a league, or are you simply an enthusiast?
reb,
AG
quote:
So do you play pool for money, are you in a league, or are you simply an enthusiast?
the latter two.

I won't gamble on it, no way in hell. I know where I fall in the scheme of things and that is decidedly mediocre. Mediocre among the folks I play with regularly, that is. For the past few years, I've played in APA leagues around Houston. My handicap/skill level is 4 and 3, on 8ball and 9ball, respectively, which is middle of the pack", my game is just not good enough to hustle.

I play for the competition, and to beat my opponent with my skill, that is the reward I look for...I like winning. In 10 years maybe my game will be at the level needed to start taking cash from people because I'm good enough to run the table every game, but I'm just not really a gambler either. I know that if I do, I'll get some success at it but eventually get burned hardcore.

There are a lot of parallels between pool and golf, the way I figger. Both take 5 minutes to learn but a lifetime to master. Games of extreme precision, dexterity, and accuracy. Gear is important but not nearly as important as who is making the shot. Something that is a cruel mistress, torturing you with weeks or months or random slumps where you cant seem to do anything right, but spontaneously you'll get on a run where you just can't miss. I ****ing love this game. Happy to play anyone, anywhere, even if I will probably lose, I like to see what I'm really made of, because I have an ego that says that I can dig myself out of any hole I'm in, then come back and win. I've done that many times.
mid90
AG
Legit.
DuckDown2013
AG
insightful post, Reb.
bagger05
AG
Awesome. Sounds like the reasons I play golf.
Lex

New hair!
Gerald Tarrant
Reb that's pretty awesome. I like pool but I didn't know what most of that equipment was before your post
Cedar Bayou Ag
AG
Me with my soon to be first born daughter's A&M Cheerleading uniform.. She will be cheering on the maroon and white this season.

nuRowdy
^
|
Will some day have a large supply of lotion and a stranger down the well.
haircut
AG
quote:

Nice. Is that some sort of shadow or does the grain actually turn red?

I saw your reply during the weekend, but I was out of town. I was anxious to get home and show my gear, only to find my case pockets empty except some pennies for score keeping! I had similar gear minus the glove and claw.

The reddish hue on my cue is from the table I used played on, at work. I worked at a startup for many years and we had some new, red cloth, put on the table. Along with the cloth, we had red chalk and over time the chalk colored my cue red. Under the red would be another hue of green for similar reasons.

Like you, I love the game and have spent countless hours on the tables. I never joined a league, but did enjoy playing tournaments, or for drinks.

If you like reading informative books, this one upped my game considerably. I'd take this thing to the warehouse saloon, in Austin, and practice setting up each situation. It covers the basic advanced shots (push, throw), but also covers very common situational shots.

I've had so many good times at pool tables and met some very interesting people. I do a lot of loner stuff and enjoy ****-hole bars with a table.

Thanks for the response. That was a wonderful post!
haircut
AG
:-)-[:::]<
reb,
AG
Had it. Loved it. Lost it. And its not available in e-format. I have a thing against dead tree books. But I suppose I just ought to suck it up and buy another copy.

I think you would definitely enjoy an APA league. When it says all skill levels welcome, it means it. Its actually set up to encourage it, as the total skill level of all players a team puts up (which is 5) on a given night can't exceed 23 (for reference, as i said, im a 4 in 8ball and 3 in 9ball). Teams need a good mix of n00b to mediocre to high-level players. I got GIBro and his wife to join up, even, before he shipped off to the desert narnia he's stationed at. When I moved out of the NW side of town and had to leave my old league, I just googled APA leagues in my new area, found one, walked in off the street, and found a team.

Its reeeeally laid back and friendly. Yearly dues are $25 and each time you play each week, its $7-8 for whats essentially unlimited pool.

One of my favorite things about league play is there is no quibbling on the rules. There's no stupid ass bar rules that people pull out of no where. I've seen some weird **** in bars/dives with the 'house rules' people try to play by. League play brings clarity to this. You scratch? Ball in hand for your opponent. You are about to make a shot on the 8 in 8ball to win that game? You mark the pocket you are going for with an object so its absolutely clear. You hit your ball but nothing touches a rail or is pocketed after that? Table scratch and ball in hand for your opponent. No more stupid bar rules!

It works on a handicap system. So, since I'm a 3 in 9ball, I need to make 25 points to win. Lets say the other team puts up a 4. They only need 31 points to win, so its a race to reach your skill level's point total that compensates for different levels. Players that are on the elite end (6s or 7s) can realistically be beaten by a 2 in this system, because a 2 only needs 19 points and a 7 needs 54 or something.

I feel obligated to post a pic since we are derailing this thread completely.

This is my son meeting Murphy for the first time.

Natasha Romanoff
Such a sweet photo
tbirdspur2010
AG
good bull
haircut
GregZeppelin
AG
Ace and Gary
Corps_Ag12
AG
I too got a tour of Kyle field yesterday, except I was on the construction side. It's coming together nicely.
AgsLv44
AG
Kate always has great pics
nuRowdy
Now a little lower
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 575

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.