Gunite slide (pool) - how to make more "slippery"

31,016 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Red Rover
LeftyAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a bday pool party next weekend for my 10 yr old twins and they just informed me our slide is not slippery now...

anyone have any quick cheap ideas to make our gunite slide slippery again? I have googled and not found too many ideas. It needs a new coat of sealant, any recommendations for do-it-yourself?
defroach
KY has always worked for me
purplehayes
Ok...here's what you do. Wait until the kids and spouse are gone. Hell, send 'em shopping or something. Now- Find 2 or 3 SMOKIN' hot 18 to 20 yr old chicks. Add about 5 gallons of baby oil per hot chick. At least be nice and offer to oil them up. NOW let them repeatedly slide down the slide while you watch. Feel free to make videos of this and post here on Texags...probably would go in the "Home Improvement" section...

profit!
jh0400
AG
OH LOOK AT ME. I'VE BEEN BLESSED WITH CHILDREN AND ALSO THE MEANS TO PROVIDE THEM A HOME WITH AN IN-GROUND SWIMMING POOL.

Show off.
defroach
I bet his kids even get good grades and are well behaved. What an ass rubbing that in.
Goose
AG
Turtle wax.
jh0400
AG
Next thing you know, he'll be making threads showing off all of the good food he cooks for his family or telling us all how hot his wife is and that she still dresses like she is in her 20's even though she is over 40. He'll probably even tell us about buying her expensive jeans or lingerie from Victoria's Secret.

[This message has been edited by jh0400 (edited 5/14/2011 11:42a).]
TexasRebel
AG
spray it with Pam
SPSAg05
AG

This guy can tell ya.
Post removed:
by user
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
If you hit your children more, they probably wouldn't complain about such trivial matters. Perhaps for their birthday, you should get them jobs in a chinese factory.
TJJackson
A lil snot always helps slick things up
SoTheySay
S
BABY OIL! (I just got this image of all these kids slipping over the side of the slide and it made me LOL!)

[This message has been edited by SoTheySay (edited 5/14/2011 1:35p).]
IceAg08
AG
soap + water
SoTheySay
S
Soap in the hot tub!
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
ecologicalcoatings.com...there is a product that is used in water parks that makes walls or concrete slick...I think it was originally developed to repel graffiti paintings.
Lee72
AG
We used pool paint to resurface our gunite pool rather than have it replastered...it made the surfaces slicker'n wet s'not on a glass doorknob! Costs about $200 for two-part system (one gallon of each part)...sort of an epoxy paint...put it on thick to fill in the roughness and you should get the desired effect.
Drillbit4
AG
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09 said:

ecologicalcoatings.com...there is a product that is used in water parks that makes walls or concrete slick...I think it was originally developed to repel graffiti paintings.

Just bought the stuff from Ecological Coatings. Pricey but works great. Thanks Mom!
Human
AG
This is about the time the GB started to "slide" into suckage...
Liquid Wrench
Are you related to Drillbit Taylor?
Flashdiaz
AG
first world problems...
Beer Baron
AG
The unnecessary quotation marks "annoy" me.
toucan82
So how was the party?
marble rye
AG
TexasRebel said:

spray it with Pam
Red Rover
AG
Drillbit4 said:

Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09 said:

Just bought the stuff from Ecological Coatings. Pricey but works great. Thanks Mom!

It took you 7 years to do what your Mom told you to do? Typical.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.