Did Zach Morris really attend A&M?

4,188 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by gabehcoud
Rage Against The Orange
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I heard this rumor the other day (well actually in High School years ago). The actor that played Zach Morris on Saved by the Bell supposedly went to A&M. Is this true?
Pablo
Yeah...and he roomed with Nikki Taylor.
Wellborn
Yes, but he died in a car crash his freshman year.
Rage Against The Orange
Wellborn

Creepy, I heard that rumor too!
Charlie Hodge
Not sure about Zach...but Henry Thomas (little kid from ET) attended Blinn in the early 90s...
Wellborn
Anybody remember the time when Dr. Bowen made him take out his niece Penny Bowen?....
And he made screech dress up like him and take his place.

hamster
AG
No, he did not go to A&M. But one of the guys from Weird Science did and he's an engligh prof at A&M.
Oveta Builds BTHOB93
"Zach" was actually enrolled to go to A&M in the fall of '93 - he was signed up to attend my fish camp. He did not go because they started doing the Saved by the Bell College Years episodes - I believe his sister did attend A&M - Class of 99 or so.
Rage Against The Orange
hamster

I'm guessing it was the brown haired guy and not Anthony Michael Hall. Could you imagine being taught by Rusty Griswald?
12th Man Ag
AG
I actually went to a party at Henry Thomas' place when he was attending Blinn. It must have been '91 or '92. My brush with fame.
Vanilla Warrior
http://us.imdb.com/Bio?Mitchell-Smith,+Ilan

Ilan Mitchell-Smith was born in New York City and began studying ballet at an early age. After his family relocated to Amherst, Massachusetts, he was enrolled in dance classes four days a week and eventually got a scholarship with the School of American Ballet. While at the ballet, he was discovered by a casting agent for director Sidney Lumet and was signed to play Timothy Hutton's character as a young boy in the film, Daniel (1983). That led to a major role in Wild Life, The (1984) in which he played a young man who had a romanticized notion of the '60s, a part that required a lot of research into the milieu of the times.

Son, Asher, born 2000.

Daughter, Eloise, born 1998.

In addition to his education at Texas A&M, he also holds a B.A. in medieval studies from University of California at Davis and an M.A. from Fordham University in New York.

When he and his wife, Susannah, were dating, he never told her of his previous acting career. But he confessed after finding out that, coincidentally, one of her favorite movies was Chocolate War, The (1988), which Ilan had starred in.

His mother is a psychotherapist based in Hawaii, his father is an art history professor in Massachusetts, and his sister, Natania, is an artist living in England.

Where are they now

(2000) Is now a Professor of History at Texas A&M University. Does not like having his picture taken so students will not recognize him as "Wyatt".

(1998) Studying for a doctorate in medieval studies, Texas A&M University, where he also teaches freshman composition.

Vanilla Warrior
Actual listing from BONFIRE..notice Section 502!

PLEASE ENTER ANOTHER COURSE OR Y TO RETURN TO MAIN MENU
802 COURSE SECTIONS ENGL 104 - COMPOSITION & RHETORIC
FALL SEMESTER 1998
CRS: ENGL104 TERM: 19 98C RETURN TO MAIN MENU (Y) _
S ---->>>> PRESS PF2 FOR HELP <<<<---- REG T E 06-06-2002 11:07AM
SEC S GT AVAIL DAYS TIMES INSTRUCTORS GPR Y R LIM ENRL BLDG ROOM

100 0 TR 0800AM-0915AM STAFF I
200 1 MWF 1020AM-1110AM GIBSON J H 20 19 BLOC 111
501 3 MWF 0800AM-0850AM MCADON B 28 25 BLOC 108
502 0 MWF 0800AM-0850AM MITCHELL-SMIT 28 28 BLOC 110
503 0 MWF 0800AM-0850AM COSTE R 28 28 BLOC 111
504 2 MWF 0800AM-0850AM OCANAS P 28 26 BLOC 123
505 0 MWF 0800AM-0850AM STOUT R 28 28 BLOC 124
506 3 MWF 0800AM-0850AM HIMES J 27 24 BLOC 119
507 3 MWF 0800AM-0850AM BANERJEE J 28 25 ZACH 128A
508 2 MWF 0800AM-0850AM CASEY M 28 26 ACAD 227
509 1 MWF 0910AM-1000AM CASEY M 28 27 ACAD 227
510 2 MWF 0910AM-1000AM HIMES J 27 25 BLOC 119
511 4 MWF 0910AM-1000AM BANERJEE J 28 24 ZACH 105A
512 1 MWF 0910AM-1000AM DARRAH K 28 27 ZACH 127A
513 0 MWF 0910AM-1000AM SONG C 25 25 ENPH 216
514 0 MWF 0910AM-1000AM MCADON B 28 28 BLOC 123
Vanilla Warrior
Web listing at A&M for Ilan Mitchell-Smith..ok enough stalking!

http://www-english.tamu.edu/pers/grad/mitchell-smith

hamster
AG
I hope he doesn't read this board.
Rage Against The Orange
Take his class and ask him what it's like to have your brother turned into a turd. Or better yet, ask him who did the most drugs on the set of Weird Science, Anthony Michael Hall or Robert Downey Jr.
CTP93
AG
I wonder what brought him to A&M? It is not like we are known for our liberal arts program.

Someone should walk up to his desk while he is eating lunch and say, "That looks pretty good...now make yourself one dickweed," and take his sandwich.

I wonder how many times someone has yelled, "You're stewed buttwad!" at him.

I am sure it gets old for him.
Face
AG
we've been over this before, Zach roomed with Anne Rice and Snoop Dogg
CTP93
AG
And he wrote "The Front Porch Song" with Lyle Lovett
Face
AG
no, that was that Dixie Chick.
pickles
rjhtamu
AG
About Ilan Mitchell-Smith, I actually was in his English class, it was for Arthurian Lit, not general english. He was really cool though, and his voice hasn't changed a bit, a little detail that he's often not too happy about though. I knew it was him the first day of class, but I didn't bring anything up out of respect for his privacy. About two or three weeks into class, someone did bring it up and by then he knew all of us well enough to where he didn't care about talking about it. We actually spent a whole day's lecture talking about Weird Science and other Hollywood stuff. One of the funniest things he said was that he and other Weird Science star Anthony Michael Hall couldn't stand each other. AMH was apparently so big headed and arrogant about being a big "movie star" at the time. It still funny cause they had to play best friends in the movie. I really enjoyed his class though, he does make a really cool teacher.
Rage Against The Orange
He touched Kelly LeBrock. (Beavis laugh)
rjhtamu
AG
Yeah, his moment with Kelly Lebrock was another bright point that he mentioned. Pickles, man where did you get the pic? He hardly ever gets his picture taken so few will know what he looks like.

[This message has been edited by rjhtamu (edited 6/6/2002).]
Twelfthman99
AG
So, which is it? History or English?
rjhtamu
AG
He's in the English department. I know where his office is too. (Sworn to Secrecy though)
hamster
AG
http://www.poopoochoochoo.com/wyatt_prof.jpg

What kind of website is that?
rjhtamu
AG
LOL Ham, another thing he mentioned in class is that he's more than embarrassed at the fact of his photos appearing on certain, gay teen starlet webpages. Especially the scenes of him wearing panties in Weird Science.
hamster
AG
I didn't go to the site. The name scared me.
Big12Ag
bin Laden's brother was his tutor.
Face
AG
Zach's or Snoop's?
Fleen97
Nikki Taylor's
Face
AG
man, that is creepy
Stat Monitor Repairman
Oveta Builds BTHOB93 said:

"Zach" was actually enrolled to go to A&M in the fall of '93 - he was signed up to attend my fish camp. He did not go because they started doing the Saved by the Bell College Years episodes - I believe his sister did attend A&M - Class of 99 or so.
Wild story
Moral High Horse

jetch17
AG
RATO threads
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.