What dorm did/do you live in, why is it the best.

3,170 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 22 yr ago by
HHAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dunno about that Eric. The RA we had was a super guy from out in West Texas. I walked out of the back of the dorm about 3AM with a girl I was dating and as we walked toward the parking lot, the window of this fogged up car rolled down and Danny (the RA) smiled and gently reminded me that females were not allowed in the dorm after midnight. Then he went back to attending to his date in the car and I never heard another thing about it.

We were on a bonfire cut that year and Danny was with us. We were giving this whiny kid from Houston a real hard time. Somebody suggested that since he was such a pretty boy, we oughta stump break him out in the woods.

He thought we were serious and ran over to Danny and said, "You wouldn't let them do that to me, would you? You're not a *** like these guys, are you, Danny?".

Danny smiled and said, "only if its convenient".

That kid never came out on another cut.
jobu93
AG
Moore Hall

89 to 94.

Liked throwing oranges at Moses
Ag_in_WA
Lyon,

We had our RA pretty well trained as well. As long as we were quiet and discrete, he didn't give a s**t.

We had a "J Ramp Lounge" in the hallway on 4th floor. Couch, bean bag chair, couple of lamps. It was the 4th floor hang-out place. Of course, it was a terrible fire hazard, and against all the rules, but our R.A. never said a word. Biggest problem we had was finding the maids up there asleep in the afternoons when we came back from class. But that was cool - they always kept J Ramp, 4th Floor especially clean since we were nice to them.

There was a maintanence guy that worked Hart that almost always found a way to end up on J Ramp at 3:00 PM on Friday for the ceremonial Opening Beers of the Weekend. Man, those were the days!

in
NYAggie02
Davis-Gary, 1998-2000... Most redass women's dorm on campus... right up until the year I moved out anyway. Plus... stumbling distance from the bird, and being the only chicks on the quad just can't be beat.
Ag_in_WA
Yuo know, reading this thread has caused me to realize that a lot of dorms have had sex change operations since 1984...
eric76
AG
I sujspect that the semester I lived in Hart was during a period when the RAs were quite a bit stricter than normal.

The general concensus among the Hart Hall residents at that time (mid 70s) was that they were chosen for having particularly strong religious views. While they didn't try to preach at everyone for not being religious enough, they did seem to try to run things tighter than I ever saw in other other dorm.
alley
McFadden - 98-99 - mods are not my fav.

Hart - 99-00 - awesome place! i really enjoyed the style of the hall. i wish i could have been more comfortable there... but... whatever.

00-01 - off campus - good experience, lots of fun.. but...

Legett - 01-02 - easy going. good people. i'm having a lot of fun here.

next year - Fowler - we'll see
2001%er
AG
Krueger fall 97-spring 98. Sucked *ss. Got the hell off campus. Scandinavia (aka Scandia) for two years was okay. Really liked my last apartment at Parkway Circle.

I remember looking at Travis House and the tenement next door Kensington Place, not impressed. Now they are University Place I and II I think...and they still suck I'm sure though there is some big tacky artwork on the backside of Travis House.

--------------------------------------
I_am_2001%er@aggies.com

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei
TheOld96er
Hart - Fall '92
Moore - Spring '93-Spring '94

And, yes, Travis House for 2 years after that. Our apartment was the one that burned down in Fall '96.

That artwork can't compare to the blinking alien that predated it.
NonRegAg94
AG
McInnis Hall (room 207) 90-91, 91-92, the only dorm closer to the Chicken was Schuhmacher.
They were nice other than the view of Moore and Crocker I had from my room, and of Walton on the other side. It was a great location to see what the action/scenery on Northgate was going to be like before we decided to head out.
slinkyjim02
quote:
Lyon - I was in Hart Hall Spring 1982 - May 1984. J Ramp - corner stoop. I was Joe Nussbaum's roommate.

Ag_in_WA,

Which corner in JRamp?? I was in J-1 last year. Had it to myself in the spring at regular price (not that it's much). J-3 (corner facing the pit) is now the I/J RA.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila." Mitch Radcliffe

[This message has been edited by slinkyjim02 (edited 4/14/2002).]
easyd2003
I agree with 3rd Platoon. Dorm 10 is awesome, but my favorite dorms are Mosher and Krueger.
CMP-00-
AG
Wow. I'm shocked that so few people on this BBS lived on Southside... I lived in Dunn (2nd Floor) for three semesters in '96 and '97 and had a BLAST. Our half of the 2nd floor was filled with awesome people - lots of fun times. And you've got to admit: the girls on Southside are WAY better looking (female Northside residents who post here not withstanding... sorry I spent a lot of time over at Lechner and had fun but I'm glad I chose Dunn my freshman year...

"All honor should not go to those who have not fallen, rather honor should go to all those who have fallen and had the courage to rise again."

[This message has been edited by CMP-00- (edited 4/15/2002).]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fightin Texas Aggie
Walton is by far the best damn dorm on campus.
ENG
AG
Davis-Gary a woman's dorm??!!

LMAO

------------------------------------
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever. " - Napoleon
Ag_in_WA
Slinky,

I lived on 4th floor, SE corner. I think it was J14
pearlandaggie
Law (doghouse) fall of '91 til spring '93. Became a RA and moved to Walton, J-Ramp from fall '93 to spring '95. One summer in Legett between my junior and senior years. Exiled to McInnis my last semester on campus.
txagman1998
AG
Northside close-knit, Southside eat **it!!

Just cruisin'...
Texas Aggie '98
slinkyjim02
quote:
I lived on 4th floor, SE corner. I think it was J14

Nice...I was assigned to that room originally, but got moved down as a favor from someone at DRL.

If some of the Old(er) Army here doesn't know about DG being female, I wonder if they would be surprised to learn that Hart and Schumacher are both co-ed now?

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila." Mitch Radcliffe
Ag_in_WA
Certain elements of Hart were effectively co-ed when I was there,but not in an official capacity!

Is it on a ramp-by-ramp basis? And why would women want to live with Hart Hall guys?
Dirty Will
Cain Hall 1/97-5/99

I shall always remember Chicken Fried Steak night and that Dante Hall still has my Blues Traveler CD.
Fleen97
Ahh yes, Will, chicken fied steak night. Always had NY Strip steak at least once a week in the fall.
Fleen97
Cain was effectively co-ed as well. Nonexistant visitation rules and kegs in the showers.
Cubby '96
When did Schuhmacher go coed?

I lived in
  • Appelt SummerII'92
  • Lechner Fall'92-Spring'93
  • Schuhmacher Summer '93
  • Puryear Fall'93-Spring'94
  • Puryear Fall'94-Spring'95
  • Moore Fall'95-Spring'96
  • Moore Fall'96-Spring'97
  • Moore Fall'97-Spring'98

I also spent a few nights in girls' dorms in my time...

Cubby
Endo Ag
AG
Moses Hall 96-97
Rm 312
Meanest MF's on Campus!

FTAC of 2000
tu Dental School..but not a Damn sip!!!
Fleen97
Nothing beat the omlette station on Sunday mornings either.
Dirty Will
Indeed Fleen...no rules whatsoever, although in my second year I lived in the baseball wing next to Daylan Holt.. boy was that guy a moron!
Fleen97
One of my best favorite memories was finally beating Larry Walker in Techmobowl.

What wing were you in Will? My brother lived in Cain around the time you did.
slinkyjim02
quote:
Is it on a ramp-by-ramp basis? And why would women want to live with Hart Hall guys?

Yeah - last time I checked, it was C-Ramp and I-Ramp. HD's been female for a few years, too. I'm sure the price attracts some women - and I'll admit, some were on the 'rougher' side. But not all.

quote:
When did Schuhmacher go coed?

After Schumacher closed for renovations, they re-opened it coed. This will open up a can of worms, but what the heck...it's a pretty accepted fact that after a hall goes coed (or even full female) that the number of incidents drops dramatically...guess why Davis-Gary is full of women?

Ag_in_WA
I-Ramp was always pretty much feminine. Guess if you had to pick one, that'd be it!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.