Law Hall Roll Call

3,396 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by duffelpud
BBYD09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Central Side, Hart's it, North, South, eat sh*t!

WHOOP!!!!
aggieangst
Law Hall sucks.

Puryear Hall rules.
tamu80
AG
quote:
So will i get crucified if I say my dad lived in Puryear (sp?) in the late 70s?

So will it surprise you that MY dad lived in Puryear in the early 50’s…

I lived there in the late 70’s
aggiez98
AG
ESL!!

Only got to live in Puryear it's last year, did enjoy the power outage grode ball game. Although the dorm party had to be the best one thrown at A&M.
spaceaggie1975
AG
I remember Law Hall. A bunch wimps. Actually had a lot of friends in Law. It was just a feud between the dorms. I stayed in Puryear from '71-'73. Had some wild times. Lived in Ramp 7 and as the sign said "Ramp 7 Best of the Worst." Lot of water fights, grode football, jungle volleyball. Every now and then a fetal pig could be seen flying out the window during water fights. Finally they allowed us (a polite way to kick us off campus for all the trouble we caused) to move off campus. Back then most all students had to live on campus.
Frequent Flyer Ag
Class of '94 here

Lived in 3G. Lived across from Russ Schellhammer, Greg, Cowboy, Dave and a couple others I can't remember names of.

Moved to a duplex near sorority row and joined a frat. Sorry, the scenery was better.

Law was great as a freshman, but our ineptitude at constructing a loft bought from previous Law-dwellers made it a hell of a time. After 4x4's falling on our heads, we gave up. We filed a warranty claim with the seller that was settled by a run to the store for a case of Keystone (seller was 21). We spent the rest of the year in bunks, watching sugar ants march across the floor toward our food stash.

Howdy Clint Prentiss if you're out there.

FUP!!!
Frequent Flyer Ag
Oh, I guess i should mention it was fall 90-spring 91 when I was there.

And Hoosegow, I remmeber the letterhead thing. I have the same story. Told Cowboy he could fight me if he really wanted that letter on my head.
txspec
ramp 5. 94-95
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Room 4K ,86-91, checking in, sir!

Puryear can still suck it!
whasty
AG
2-J from '81-'83
kclann
AG
94 - 3J Then they kicked us out. Loved me some water ball. We used to also tree our keathley *****es gumbies in teh trees. Good times.

Was thinking about the dorm yell the other day

"Law Hall Red a$$ AGS
FU Puryear, loose a$$ ***s,
SBs love us, Frats go home.
hottest damn dorm on campus."

Am I missing somethign there? Damn I can't remember. Too many chicken nights.

[This message has been edited by kclann (edited 12/13/2007 3:11p).]
Ramp 9 Mule 96
AG
aalan94 - I don't think we knew each other all that well, but I checked out your blog and seem to remember you. Impressive blog by the way. I've only skimmed it thus far, but plan to read more. Thank you for doing the good work over there...Merry Christmas and stay safe.

Gig 'em
Ramp 9 Mule 96
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by Ramp 9 Mule 96 (edited 12/14/2007 4:26p).]
aalan94
AG
quote:
alan - I'm way older, class of '83.

OK Chico. For your edification and if you’re interested in what happened to your stomping grounds after you left…In the early 90s. Ramp 6 became known as the Doghouse, and everybody had a dog nickname. There was Beer Dog, Whipped Dog (had a girlfriend who always came around), Mex Dog, etc.

quote:
Stealing cable from under the stairs so that we could get MTV on our stereo (back when MTV actually played music).

One guy was stealing cable from room to room by going through the wall when he discovered a nasty surprise – all those little slits in the back of the medicine cabinet were for disposing of safety razor blades (back in the day). They just fell back there in the wall and stayed. This guy was stealing cable and “found” them. He’s lucky he didn’t bleed to death or get aids. (Fortunately, these razor blades were too old for that).

quote:
Another class of 83er here. I was in Ramp 8 (Animals) from 79-83.

Ah, Animals. If we’d known that, we would have perpetuated the legacy in Dorm 8.

quote:
Mr. Washington was the janitor.

All our janitors in the early 1990s were black women. One of them would take a break and play poker with us. I would sometimes crank up my “Supremes” LPs and they would sing and dance as they worked.

quote:
ou talking about the president that was the cycling junky? That guy would eat pasta like it was going out of style...at Sbisa no less but i guess that was a good thing...all you can eat.

Not sure, but you may be talking about our RD, John Pommier, who was a huge cycling nut and trained with some dude named Lance Armstrong, who was not famous at the time.

quote:
Lived across from Russ Schellhammer, Greg, Cowboy, Dave and a couple others I can't remember names of.

FrequentFlyerag, Cowboy graduated my freshman year and I bought his loft. We repainted it and over the next 3 years wrote various quotes on it. I sold it to some dude on the Southside when I left. About 10 years later, a good friend of mine told a story. He introduced himself to a young ag, and the kid knew him – from his quote on my loft. Seems that the Yellowpot in that dorm was forcing all the guys to memorize our quotes. My friend, who always had hilarious ones, was therefore a mythical icon in that other dorm.

Kclann, that’s the second verse of the yell, which was added in the 90s.

The yell:

“Law Hall Legends
Men well known
SBs love us
Frats Go home
Hottest Damn Dorm on Campus"

(Second verse added in 1992 or so goes between Frats go home and hottest damn dorm

"Law Hall, Red a$$ AGS
FU Puryear, loose a$$ F**s"

AgFan247
AG
Its alive...alive..or at least revived

Was reading another thread about Walton going Co-ed and came across this:
Quote:

Lived 4 glorious years in Law Hall. $360 per semester. Hot, cheap, convenient, fun. Would'a been more fun if it had been co-ed!
Made me search about the Law Hall Legends, as I was there 91-93 and thus the revived thread. Grodeball, the yells at Puryear and the door banging to go to cut and stack. Won't say I miss the non-air, but I am nostalgic about it. Makes me sad to think Bonfire is gone as it feels like the culture took a nosedive after that happened. And as someone pointed out, we had plenty of ladies in the dorms, but they didn't live there.

Dad-O-Lot
AG
I lived in Law one semester -- Spring of '86.

Damned train and damned bell tower.
ENG
AG
Ramp 6

85-87

FUp
Drawkcab
North side.
duffelpud
AG
Initially thought OP was referring to this.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.