Wimbledon 2026

2,760 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by He Who Shall Be Unnamed
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love this event. So excited for it to start tomorrow morning. Too bad Alcaraz isn't playing. I'm a big Djokovic fan but I think his decline is obvious. None of the American men are very likable. Seems like this is Sinner's tournament to win.

I feel the women's side is pretty open. Sabalenka can be so dominant; I can't figure out why she doesn't have more major wins. Not a Gauff fan. Her and Andreeva are brats.

Should be a great two weeks!
Aggie71013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sabalenka can get in her head. Her mental game is weak at times.

Women's side is definitely wide open. Sinner should be the favorite on the men's side unless it gets a bit toasty.
whpjr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Love it as well. Alcaraz is my fav to watch so will definitely miss him. Not the biggest Djokovic fan myself but no denying his ability and his place among the greats. I've actually started pulling for him more after Nadal retired. Didn't like Fritz early on but he is growing on me, and I enjoy watching Paul, Tiafoe and especially Shelton play.

I find myself rooting against Sabalenka. Not the biggest fan of how she plays I guess. I actually like Gauff but watching her serving and forehand struggles can drive you crazy. Agree that Andreeva is a brat. You can only use being young and immature as an excuse for so long. I've seen her live a couple of times and she was out of control. I don't see how Conchita puts up with her. I'm hoping Pegula can make a run. Would love to see Anisimova, Navarro, or Jovic do well.

scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
whpjr said:

Love it as well. Alcaraz is my fav to watch so will definitely miss him. Not the biggest Djokovic fan myself but no denying his ability and his place among the greats. I've actually started pulling for him more after Nadal retired. Didn't like Fritz early on but he is growing on me, and I enjoy watching Paul, Tiafoe and especially Shelton play.

I find myself rooting against Sabalenka. Not the biggest fan of how she plays I guess. I actually like Gauff but watching her serving and forehand struggles can drive you crazy. Agree that Andreeva is a brat. You can only use being young and immature as an excuse for so long. I've seen her live a couple of times and she was out of control. I don't see how Conchita puts up with her. I'm hoping Pegula can make a run. Would love to see Anisimova, Navarro, or Jovic do well.




Fair points. I do like Tiafoe, though. I shouldn't have lumped him in the American men players I don't care for.

I don't think I could ever root for Gauff, though.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie71013 said:

Sabalenka can get in her head. Her mental game is weak at times.

Women's side is definitely wide open. Sinner should be the favorite on the men's side unless it gets a bit toasty.


Sinner at the US Open should be interesting this year with the hard courts and heat...
whpjr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And with that, the overwhelming fav Sinner loses first set. He'll wake up soon.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rublev loses in 5 sets. First men's seed to go down.
aggiedrjdub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sinner not looking comfortable at all.

And the guy he's playing hasn't missed a meal.
whpjr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dad bod, for sure. Worst I've seen Sinner play in years.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Serena Williams is unseeded and playing a nobody today...on Centre Court, last match of the day. The TV coverage is all about her.

They're also putting Stan Wawrinka on Court 1, too, versus another unseeded player, so there's that.

Wimbledon respecting the "elders" here today.

I was hoping to see Tiafoe play but he's been banished to Court 12.
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arthur Rinderknech won his first round match.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ESPN breaks away from Wimbledon coverage to spend time on LeBron James leaving the Lakers. Not only does this hot garbage network talk about James, they go into the Lakers and their cap space.

I ****ing hate this network. Terrible.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ben Shelton, 4 seed, goes down in 5.
aggiesherpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not sure I would say Maya joint is a nobody if you follow college tennis.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiesherpa said:

I'm not sure I would say Maya joint is a nobody if you follow college tennis.


Fair enough. She's unseeded and would normally be on Court 12 or something like that.
Aceswimmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maya joint sucks college tennis or not. serena couldn't move at all, sad to watch, I hope she fully commits to getting back into playing shape or gracefully acknowledges that it was fun but not for her and says a proper farewell to tennis.
Fall92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did Carson make the main draw?
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
whpjr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Serena's movement was an issue 4 to 5 years ago and I can't imagine she will be able to improve it enough to consistently compete with even the top 50 to 75 players now. I've never understood why some of those that make it to the top of their profession feel the need to come back well after their prime and be ok with mediocre, at best, performance. But, I'm nowhere near being in their shoes.
turfman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The tv announcers kept saying how good Serena looked…yeah, okay. She performed like someone who retired 4 years ago. I was surprised by the number of errant returns off her racket frame. And Joint should have won in straight sets if her nerves hadn't wavered. A seeded opponent instead of a player who had lost 11 matches in a row would have wiped the floor with Serena. Maybe she will be in better shape come the USOpen but imo she should have stayed retired.
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arthur Rinderknech wins his second round match 3-0 over Martin Damm of US.

Arthur is the number 25 seed.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SA68AG said:

Arthur Rinderknech wins his second round match 3-0 over Martin Damm of US.

Arthur is the number 25 seed.


Setting up a meeting with Djokovic if Djokovic can get there. I feel like he's showing his age nowadays. But if they do meet, that's a good matchup for Arthur.
vwbug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does Rece Davis know anything about tennis ?
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Arthur can win this set, he might just wear Djokovic down in the 5th to win the match.
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Arthur lost in a 4th set tie break.

Arthur played one helluva a match and made many spectacular shots.

Who ever could have imagined seeing him go head to head in Centre Court Wimbledon against the GOAT ?

Well Done !!

He Who Shall Be Unnamed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was really looking forward to seeing Fonseca and Djoker playing, but the Safiullin kid played an amazing match today. I had to Google him, I had never heard of him before but he beat Fonseca handily. No easy feat there.
Im also bummed that we won't get a chance to see Alcaraz and Sinner this year. After his initial 5-setter, Sinner seems like he is settling back into his comfort zone, looking like the world #1 again.
I was fortunate enough to see Alcaraz last year on Center Court. Watching on TV makes me really wish I were back there. Such a great venue and tournament.
88Warrior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
vwbug said:

Does Rece Davis know anything about tennis ?


NBC with Enberg/Collins > ESPN with Davis/whoever…
Hill08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
vwbug said:

Does Rece Davis know anything about tennis ?


More than that Maleka Andrews chick…
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Djokovic with a great win to reach the semi's.
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Absolutely amazing to play that well into a 5-set match at 39. That being said, Sinner will likely cruise to another win.
Hill08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great that Osaka lost. Hopefully CoCo next. I cheer for Americans that actually like our country
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Down she goes
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That tiebreaker was not the highest quality tennis I've ever seen
Hill08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

Down she goes


Guess she won't be able to turn down a visit to the White House!!!!!
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The womens' game is so odd sometimes. Nobody in the semis with a seed higher than 7, now final will be 10 vs 9 or 12. And how do you go 6-2 then 1-6 in a semifinal match?
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great Men's final. High level of tennis from start to finish. Amazing points in the last game.
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.