*** Aggie Volleyball 2024 Thread ***

74,300 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by flintdragon
bwhitmarsh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hell yeah.
taylorswift13_
Aggies are now 12-2, 3-1 in conference
frankie00
Great match!

Now 12-2 on the season, pretty darn good!
RadCouncil 21
AG
Great blocks near the end of the match
bwhitmarsh
Oh yeah….screw you Lane Kiffin…sorry had to work that in!!
Swollen Thumb
AG
Great conference road win by the ladies! Gig em!
taylorswift13_
Stats @ Ole Miss

Kills
Logan Lednicky - 20
Emily Hellmuth - 10
Ifenna Cos-Okpalla - 7
Morgan Perkins - 7
Taylor Humphrey - 5

Assists
Maddie Waak - 39
Ava Underwood - 5
Tatum Thomas - 2
Margot Manning - 1
Ellee Stinson - 1

Digs
Ava Underwood - 21
Logan Lednicky - 15
Ellee Stinson - 9
Maddie Waak - 6
Ifenna Cos-Okpalla - 2
Tatum Thomas - 2
Taylor Humphrey - 1

Blocks
Ifenna Cos-Okpalla - 4.5
Logan Lednicky - 2
Taylor Humphrey - 2
Emily Hellmuth - 1
Morgan Perkins - 1
Ellee Stinson - 1 ??? REALLY LOL
Maddie Waak - 0.5

Aces
Logan Lednicky - 1
Margot Manning - 1

Team Stats
Kills - 48
Hitting - .238
Aces - 2
Serving Errors - 12
Blocks - 12
Reception Errors - 6
taylorswift13_
bwhitmarsh said:

Oh yeah….screw you Lane Kiffin…sorry had to work that in!!
I DESPISE LANE KIFFIN
Ag4eva95
Between Logan putting up higher dig numbers and Underwood becoming the presence of a confident libero, I like their trajectory a lot. Underwood has been impressive the last few matches. She's hit her stride for sure
taylorswift13_
Next game is Sunday 1pm at LSU! LSU is 1-3 in conference play so far
BiochemAg97
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Next game is Sunday 1pm at LSU! LSU is 1-3 in conference play so far

Let's get the road stretch sweep.
taylorswift13_
Ag4eva95 said:

Between Logan putting up higher dig numbers and Underwood becoming the presence of a confident libero, I like their trajectory a lot. Underwood has been impressive the last few matches. She's hit her stride for sure
yes, the back row play is a big reason for our success! The serve game is where I think we need to improve a lot!! Serve receive and serving!
kwammer
Definitely. A loss to LSU would be a huge step backwards
fitzwatema
AG
Congrats on the win Aggies! Now go BTHO LSU!!
taylorswift13_
SEC Volleyball Standings

1. tu 4-0
2. Arkansas 3-0
3. TEXAS A&M 3-1
3. Kentucky 3-1
3. Auburn 3-1
6. Ole Miss 2-2
6. Tennessee 2-2
8. Florida 1-2
8. Mizzou 1-2
8. Alabama 1-2
8. Miss State 1-2
12. LSU 1-3
12. Oklahoma 1-3
14. South Carolina 0-2
15. Georgia 0-3
flintdragon
AG
Nice win! I was definitely worried about this one. Ole Miss seemed to have a lot of momentum, more than ours.

Serve receive was generally decent with some struggle at times. Whatever is happening over there with Humprey, they need to sort that out.

Serves were meh. Luckily I felt only a few of the errors were bad serves. But we didn't seem to pressure them much either.

Underwood was shaky to start but did great the final 2 sets. Good adjustment by her to figure it out. She's very confident in her chances to set the 2nd ball. She must have been a setter at one point. She even jump set from behind the 10ft line forward.

Lednicky started off slow but got better as the game progressed, ending up over .300 for the match.

Felt Waak was off her game a little here and there. Middles were fed quite a bit but many quick sets did not end with a strong hit. But she also had some amazing sets to pull the blockers wide open.

I almost turned off the stream volume due to the female commentator. Just an SECN+ game so it was the home crew but good lord, let's at least attempt a balanced commentary. kept comparing their star Washington versus our Lednicky. We won that battle.
taylorswift13_
Lol I agree with you on that last part, she kept trying to insinuate that Lednicky wasn't up to the level of Washington and it was getting kinda funny. Also many times she would discredit A&M and say how we weren't playing well, it was just errors from Ole Miss
TulaneAg
Funny y'all should say that... We turned off the sound late in the first set because I was already tired of listening to her.

I thought the Missouri match turned when we sat Humphrey plus worked Manning in and assumed we'd make that change more permanent. But we saw none of that lineup at Auburn and only saw it for a bit here late in set 2 or 3. I'm not seeing what coach is seeing out of Humphrey and I like Manning's change of pace setting. Would love to be a fly on the wall at practice...
BiochemAg97
AG
They started off comparing stats talking about how their player maybe deserved player of the week because her stats were almost double. Never even occurred to them that we played one match to their two and that maybe the people who make that decision notice stuff like that.
flintdragon
AG
i was ok that they mentioned the POTW business because it was interesting from their point of view. But she kept bringing it up which became aggravating.

As for Morrison playing Humphrey... I think she is a bigger presence as a blocker than the other OH options we have. I think she had the game winning block. Her hitting seems to be going downhill though. Not much confidence but I don't think Morrison would have brought her in if he didn't believe she would contribute.
Orome
AG
Couldn't watch live so I tried pulling it up on the Roku espn app, but am getting a faulty connection error message. Does anyone know of another way to watch a replay?
taylorswift13_
Humphrey did have a few good swings where she was able to tool the block a little bit, but most of the time she's swinging it's a free ball to the other side and it completely destroys our momentum… like we saw against a good team in Texas, a few points the other way and it's hard to catch up. Thankfully we've been able to move past that in the last few matches. I agree and thought she was a huge presence defensively at the net yesterday! You do get that benefit of playing her, we just have to set her less and less I suppose or get her one on one with a perfect set
Ag4eva95
She doesn't reach high, even though she's 6-3. She loses power and makes her susceptible to getting blocked more. It's annoying because she has a good swing and intangibles, but because of her low elbow, it's makes her go from a 6-3 OH to a solid 5-11 OH with no power. She has her moments once or twice a match, but it's her form that gets her.
taylorswift13_
Exactly
drumbeat10
I think at this point they feel like Humphrey doesn't need to score that many kills. She's solidly the 5th hitting option, and she's next to Lednicky so they have two rotations in front row together.

I think the positives as mentioned are her blocking and her ability to play 6 rotations if needed when we are low on subs.

I did notice immediately when other outsides went into that spot against tu their opposites started hitting over and tooling our smaller left side block consistently. And I think the coaching staff probably feels that none of the other pin hitters are a big enough upgrade hitting wise to give up the other qualities.

I will say I am personally wanting to see Amare Hernandez sub in and get some good swings in a match just because I've heard a quite a few stories about how hard she can hit. But I'm sure if she keeps working and developing her chance will come.
Wicked Good Ag
i would think the plan is to redshirt Amare but agree with Drumbeat I think Taylor is the best option of the remaining OH on roster

And you can always bring in Jeffery or Guinn if not cutting it

If either of them were consistantly outpreforming in practice then I think this staff make the change
Swollen Thumb
AG
drumbeat10 said:

I think at this point they feel like Humphrey doesn't need to score that many kills. She's solidly the 5th hitting option, and she's next to Lednicky so they have two rotations in front row together.

I think the positives as mentioned are her blocking and her ability to play 6 rotations if needed when we are low on subs.

Humphries should never be a 6 rotation option. She's barely a 3 rotation option. 6'3" of average with a hint of slow. Sorry, but I think we took her out of desperation for more size but it's tough to watch her on offense.
Ag4eva95
Her numbers at Rutgers were solid for a Big10 OH. I haven't quite seen that here, but Rutgers was never a good team.
flintdragon
AG
Ag4eva95 said:

Her numbers at Rutgers were solid for a Big10 OH. I haven't quite seen that here, but Rutgers was never a good team.
kills and kills per set number were good but low efficiency. So lots of errors included. I think she's playing below what she's capable of right now though. Just need to get her mind right.
Ag4eva95
You can tell she isn't 100% comfortable out there. I highly doubt a D1 hitter would be two hand free balling some of the sets she's been given. I wish she would rip the ball everytime she could.

She's the safe low error option while hellmeuth is the high risk high reward option.
flintdragon
AG
Ag4eva95 said:

You can tell she isn't 100% comfortable out there. I highly doubt a D1 hitter would be two hand free balling some of the sets she's been given. I wish she would rip the ball everytime she could.

She's the safe low error option while hellmeuth is the high risk high reward option.
do you think it could possibly be set location? She's certainly faced very good blocking in the Big10. So maybe she's just not as comfortable with Waak for some reason.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.