*** Aggie Volleyball 2024 Thread ***

74,417 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by flintdragon
jt2hunt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

I know we could have had this win, but to be in this position shortly into year 2 is wild to me! Texas is the back to back national champions, all they know how to do is win and dominate teams. We pushed them to the brink and were a few hits away controlling this match! Ladies and gentleman, Aggie volleyball is here and it is here to stay! Morrison is building something here so stay tuned!!
flintdragon
AG
Our girls played great. other than the first set coming out tight and two short stretches in the 3rd and 4th, we did amazing.
fightintxaggie10
AG
I can't stand women's sports for this very reason, the officiating is SO BAD but no one does anything about it.
flintdragon
AG
what bad officiating are you referring to?
taylorswift13_
To all of you new faces in here, please stay and support the rest of the season! This coach, this team, they deserve so much more support from the Aggie fan base! This is a program being built the right way and that is clearly on the rise!!! We're here every game and ofc as always PACK REED!
seebond
AG
They gave it all they had! Something to build off is! Keep it going!
RadCouncil 21
AG
This! Be there Sunday
Texagsubscriber
#1 in Texas

NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
flintdragon
AG
14 blocks against a top 10 team! t.u. only had 5. We need more confidence from the outsides to attack.

applause for Underwood. She stepped it up tonight with 18 digs, many of which were fantastic.

Orome
AG
Feel like we need an OH2 to step up after Hellmuth we have a couple of rotations where we struggle to sideout with OH2 and Perkins. Their right sides took over at the end of the match but man that made me feel better about our program.

Once we started avoiding the libero with our serves they became much more effective but still too many errors.

Just need to return the favor next time we play them
taylorswift13_
Tu fans want Cos-Okpalla and Lednicky next year
deh40
AG
foulbeast said:

Such a massive talent disparity between these teams. The only player for the Ags that would start for tu is Cos-Okpalla.
Lednicky would too.
BiochemAg97
AG
Ag1188 said:

You'd think they won a trophy for that reaction vs unranked opponent. I know they bought a couple the last few years, but I mean this game.

They did win a trophy. Cotton Lone Star Showdown. Presentation after the match. LOL
Faustus
Ag1188 said:

You'd think they won a trophy for that reaction vs unranked opponent. I know they bought a couple the last few years, but I mean this game.

It's been a rough start for Texas losing to Miami in addition to a couple of traditional powers and they were playing in front of the largest crowd in state history for a volleyball match.

Sure it would be preferable for them to act like it wasn't a big deal, but sometimes the girls get caught up in the excitement.
taylorswift13_
I know the outcome wasn't exactly what we wanted, but man you can't say that wasn't some fun volleyball to watch! I'd really love to see us become an elite program and I think we are laying the foundation for it! Volleyball is a strange sport where high school recruits usually commit when elite recruits commit their sophomore years, Jamie's first class will come in next year and it's a very talented class! So this talented class along with Jamie's talent at getting strong portal additions, this program is just trending in all the right directions!!! It's going to be fun!
Anchorhold
It would have been preferable if they had cried. Maybe we can do that in postseason. Definitely next year.
taylorswift13_
Amazing post game presser

Wicked Good Ag
We came out looking like a deer in headlights and never were in the first set at all. Lednicky was off the first few points then got going for the rest of the match but we were too far behind

Came out in set two and just dominated. Blocks kills passed well. That set we played like a Elite 8/Final Four team and it wasnt close.

I thought the OH for both teams were not good at all. The defending National Player of Year in Skinner had a terrible match...half the time her own doing half the time our blocking. Weenas didnt do much better for them. Emily Hellmuth had the best hitting percentage of the four starting outsides at .200 for the match. Taylor couldnt get it going and was replaced by Brooke who did a solid job on limited swings. The two things that hurt us honestly was the run by them right before the media timeout in the third sets while Carslon was on the service line for Texas. 10 apiece and then 15-10 with that 5-0 run. Outplayed them for most of the third set after that but a couple of critical sevice errors hurt. We need to minimize those going forward but I was very pleased with the effort.

The middles and RS were the key to this game and I think in those respects we outplayed them. Just a few points at different times and outcome may have been different

We played like a top 25 team in the nation last night in front of the biggest crowd in state of Texas history until someone plays in the football stadium ala Nebraska

We looked like an upper tier SEC team. Texas Kentucky (who lost in five to Auburn where both teams combined had over 40 service errors going into set 5) Florida and us is who I would put in top 4 IF we can get better production from the OH position from an efficiency standpoint.

Missouri is no slouch and we better get prepped for Sunday but if we play like we did in sets 2-4 I think we win Sunday at home

BiochemAg97
AG
One thing I noticed during the match was the leadership from the players, something Jamie has talked about. During timeouts, leaders like Logan and Ava would talk to the team while Jamie and the coaches reviewed things amount themselves. Then Jamie would come over and speak to the players.

Didn't see that from the tu bench. Seemed to always have an assistant coach talking in the middle of the huddle during time outs.
Wicked Good Ag
BiochemAg97 said:

One thing I noticed during the match was the leadership from the players, something Jamie has talked about. During timeouts, leaders like Logan and Ava would talk to the team while Jamie and the coaches reviewed things amount themselves. Then Jamie would come over and speak to the players.

Didn't see that from the tu bench. Seemed to always have an assistant coach talking in the middle of the huddle during time outs.
Most college huddles are done the exact way both teams did it

I know Texas tends to have the assistant coach talk first depending on what they need to focus on offense or defense but most teams have all the coaches talk for 30 seconds before they come over to the team

Good to see the leadership allow the players to discuss for the beginning now i need to go back to the play by play and see who won the points after any time out media or otherwise

Edit Box score/play by play online doesnt show time outs to see
Anchorhold
Mizzou comes into town on a six game winning streak. Tthat ends today as we begin a new one of our own.

2:00 PM at the new Holler House
Video: https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/6ba013a4-36e2-44bf-b3ca-6018a00643c1
Stats: https://12thman.com/sidearmstats/wvball

BTHOmissouri!
fishoutawater
Are we sure the match is at 2:00?
taylorswift13_
TEXAS A&M (9-2, 0-1) vs mizzou (9-3, 1-0)

Mizzou is a strong team who is coming off a sweep of LSU to start conference play! They have a real straight up attack and will stick to setting their stars. They have two girls who lead their attack, their OH1 in #19 Mychael Vernon who only at 5'11 averages just under 4 kills a set and #4 6'2 RS Jordan Iliff who only has one kill less than Vernon! They run a 6-2, so I believe our strong block can really impact the outcome of this game!! They have one of the lowest block percentages in the conference as well as one of the highest hitting percentage allowed Also for Mizzou is Alayna Pearson who was with the Ags last season!
taylorswift13_
Ellee Stinson's spectacular service showing continues!!!!!!
taylorswift13_
Ags lead 5-0 after two aces from Stinson
RadCouncil 21
AG
That one is CLOSE
taylorswift13_
8-1 Aggies! Momentum from Friday continues, student section still making a difference!!!
taylorswift13_
WHAT WHAT A WROKG CALL
RadCouncil 21
AG
Yeah I agree especially when it was initially ruled in
flintdragon
AG
wow.. how did the refs miss that. what a joke. Clearly in. At worst too close to overturn.
taylorswift13_
Morrison actually just laughed at that call lol
RadCouncil 21
AG
As he should lol
taylorswift13_
Gary Blair front row
RadCouncil 21
AG
Back to back to back aces by the tigers
taylorswift13_
Mizzou on a run

11-9 Aggies

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.