I'm going to the Olympics.

1,634 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by wangus12
Frag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is my Godson. He's not an Aggie, but his dad is. Going to go watch him in Paris.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/olympics/2024/07/15/harrison-williams-paris-olympics-decathlon-mus/74355100007/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3DDpaVP9U9h0y3wihZF_Bxh61tfv2FnxKXJUmCa8Gq6p85asG3jxG8-II_aem_4ZtgyzIGTDdW1V9xKmvjBQ#lyx8jwc4c6our2sknk5
taylorswift13_
Love his story! Safe travels to you all and hope y'all have a blast!!! We have the Olympic thread a few posts below, we'd love your insight to the atmosphere and competition!
Frag
AG
I'll post there!
StinkyPinky
AG
Outstanding!
Matsui
AG
Awesome!
PascalsWager
AG
I will be in Paris as well for the Olympics! I don't know any of the athletes personally, this is just a lifelong dream of mine to go!

Frag, will you be there on Day 1 of the Decathlon program the morning/afternoon track session on August 2nd?
Frag
AG
PascalsWager said:

I will be in Paris as well for the Olympics! I don't know any of the athletes personally, this is just a lifelong dream of mine to go!

Frag, will you be there on Day 1 of the Decathlon program the morning/afternoon track session on August 2nd?
Yes, I'll be there for both, as well as both the next day. I spent a fortune just to get in the stadium. Oh well, once in a lifetime.
purplehayes
Driving to Paris this afternoon. I'm just going for the men's rugby finals on Saturday.
Frag
AG
My Godson, Harrison Williams, ended up 7th in the decathlon. Watching in person was an amazing and emotional experience. LA 2028.
StinkyPinky
AG
Frag said:

My Godson, Harrison Williams, ended up 7th in the decathlon. Watching in person was an amazing and emotional experience. LA 2028.
Nice. Congrats to him and what an amazing experience you being there! Enjoy and safe travels
AzulLandry
Personally, I was completely disappointed by the 2024 Olympics. There is no longer the same competitive spirit as before
wangus12
AG
Been meaning to post this. My wife and I were in Italy during the first week of the Olympics. They had this big screen set up on the Tiber river with seating and a full service bar so stopped here dang near every night to watch the last events of the day.

Here are some pics during the Men's 10k with Grant Fisher grabbing bronze.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.