***** 2024 NASCAR Cup Series *****

36,676 Views | 699 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TRM
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I don't get them coming in. They're going to get passed up if it stays green. Best chance was to be aggressive and hope for a yellow on the last lap.

I think Busch is a lap down.
TRM
AG
Yeah he was 16th so lucky dog
Pahdz
Speaking of no talent ass clown
Bunk Moreland
Dillon is so stupid... Yet wins hahaha
TRM
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Dillon at least lived up to his number 3 this time.
Pahdz
That was some sorry ass driving, full freaking send into the back. That looked like me playing NASCAR Heat
Russ Dalrymple
AG
I'd say, he'd get dumped immediately in playoffs but he won't even be a factor there so there is that.
Pahdz
I mean, he straight up wrecked TWO cars
TRM
AG
Tells us how you really feel Joey
Pahdz
Joey is absolutely dead on in that interview.

Dillon is a ****ing disgrace to the sport. Kevin Harvick called it as he was going out the door at RCR.
Bunk Moreland
This is going to get sorted out very fast in the playoffs. The people who should be pissed the most are those on the bubble who Dillon just stole a spot from. He has no chance of doing anything once they make it to 16
texasaggie2015
AG
That was wild. Wow. Not happy as a Ross fan
Pahdz
Man I think Denny has the bigger beef. That was just a straight up hook job.
TRM
AG
The cut line at the moment.

15 Ty Gibbs 602
16 Bubba Wallace 587
*** NASCAR Cup Series playoffs cut-off ***
17 Chris Buescher 584
18 Ross Chastain 584
Bunk Moreland
Pahdz said:

Man I think Denny has the bigger beef. That was just a straight up hook job.

Equal imo. It's one thing to bump if you're a car length behind... What he did to Joey was a video game move. After that you're pot committed so you dump anyone else who comes by you.

I'd say both got equal ****ty treatment. And Denny's entire answer was just stalling for his real opinions on his podcast. Which is fine, but that's the only reason he was reserved in his reply.
Pahdz
If Jeff Gluck's info is correct and the 3 radio really said "wreck em wreck em" right before he hooked Hamlin NASCAR has got a problem on their hands and will be interested in how they handlt.
Bunk Moreland
Pahdz said:

If Jeff Gluck's info is correct and the 3 radio really said "wreck em wreck em" right before he hooked Hamlin NASCAR has got a problem on their hands and will be interested in how they handlt.

They won't do ***** 12 years ago or so Gordon was leading a race Harvick needed for the playoffs
His teammate (Menard) had his crew chief telling him laps left and what's needed, then bizarrely says "we do not need a caution" , then immediately asked Menard to turn his radio to channel 2, followed by the cleanest ever spin out by a driver (Menard) where he wrecked nobody and nothing. Harvick gets the pit road advantage and wins the race 10 laps later.

NASCAR won't do anything.
Pahdz
Um MWR ring a bell? Bowyer having an itch to scratch?
Mathguy64
AG
Just caught up after mowing the yard.

The first move would have made Dale proud. That was a hard punt. The second was the kind of move you make when you are already pot committed.

In the end the guys who have to be pissed are the 4 around the cut line. They just had a spot stolen out of nowhere.
TRM
AG
PJYoung
AG
I wouldn't be shocked if they take away his win today.

That or enough points that it takes him out of the playoffs.
Mathguy64
AG
There is no chance they take the win away. You can get caught with an extra 10 gallon secret gas tank, 2 extra cylinders and a modified chassis and win by 3 laps and they wouldn't take the win away. Would they take points and suspend everyone for the season? Sure. But they would let you keep the win.
PJYoung
AG
I'm sure you're correct. I was angling more towards - 'win' as it matters for the playoff.
Bunk Moreland

Looks like they're going to let Dillon get what's coming to him on the track instead.
PJYoung
AG
Pahdz
He can have his win but he ain't making the playoffs. He's a 32nd place car/driver/team and we don't need that
Bunk Moreland
Good. We need to hear something
spadilly
S
Logano is going to be hit pretty hard for his tire spin on pit road after the race.

Not a single reason that kids and families should be on pit road while cars are still pulling down it, and that's a conversation for anothet day, but what he did was pretty reckless with so many people around.
TRM
AG
Fining Logano, but not Dillon sets a bad precedent would be a stupid move. Elliott got suspended for hooking Hamlin, so I'm fine with a 2 week suspension. I don't think you need to necessarily vacate the win.
PJYoung
AG
Kind of what I expected - win doesn't count for the playoffs.

Bunk Moreland
I think that's all fair.
cajunaggie08
AG
I'm actually shocked they got it right. My dad is saying all the "old fans" will be mad because NASCAR is made famous and popular because of racers who bump and shove for the lead. I tried telling him this crossed the line and if NASCAR ever wants any hope of being taken seriously as a race series they need to penalize Dillon for this,
Bunk Moreland
Had Dillon been at Joey's bumper with Joey blocking him and he dumped him, we'd all agree with your dad. But he was 4 car lengths back and used Joey as his brakes in the turn, then hooked Denny for good measure.
TRM
AG
I just want to know if Childress is going to threaten to fight Logano and Hamlin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.