Women's Tennis 2023/2024

334,442 Views | 3713 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggie Tennis
Signem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone looking into their crystal ball seeing a "diamond in the rough" for 2026 like Mary was in 2021? Because losing Mary, and Jeanette next year the drop off is going to be somewhat significant. I can remember when Northwestern was a formidable opponent when Audra Cohen played for them. Once she left that was a mediocre team at best and has been ever since.
Chruchie
AG
Jennifer Jackson is probably your best bet. she has a great build to be a high level player, even past college. she is talented and has a skill set that is well established, but what is most telling for me is she's getting to. campus a semester early this spring and will get in work with the coaches and players that time without the pressure of preforming on the court can be huge down the road.
aggietennisfan
The program has been replacing top all American players year after year for the last 10-15 years or so. No need to get too worried Sign em. Every year all American after all American accolades continue on and on.
JPN06
Signem said:

Is anyone looking into their crystal ball seeing a "diamond in the rough" for 2026 like Mary was in 2021? Because losing Mary, and Jeanette next year the drop off is going to be somewhat significant. I can remember when Northwestern was a formidable opponent when Audra Cohen played for them. Once she left that was a mediocre team at best and has been ever since.
I think we can all agree that you'd rather have a mediocre team than have to put up with Audra Cohen.
aggiesherpa
AG
I'm not sure I would call Mary a diamond in the rough, she was the #5 recruit in the country for her class. But she for sure is a special talent.
Anchorhold
When we announced the signing class:

#13 Mary
#23 Jeanette
#25 Ellie

G signed later as another blue chip.

How common is it to win a natty with two four-year* starters from the same signing class? Mary and Jeanette have never not won the SEC nor lost at home.
Anchorhold
Last week in Connecticut Daria won in straight sets against Illinois's #1, Georgia Tech's #3, and a Michigan redshirt-freshman. She went the distance with incoming t.u. freshman Ariana Anazagasty-Pursoo falling 5-7, 6-2, 5-7.
Chapa96
AG
Anchorhold said:

Last week in Connecticut Daria won in straight sets against Illinois's #1, Georgia Tech's #3, and a Michigan redshirt-freshman. She went the distance with incoming t.u. freshman Ariana Anazagasty-Pursoo falling 5-7, 6-2, 5-7.

LOVE to hear this!!
Aceswimmer09
This Texas team….sheesh, very talented.

Hopefully none of them make it to campus. lol.
Ag4eva95
I'm highly doubting Mya joint makes it to campus. No way NIL counters what should would make as a pro
Anchorhold
Lexington won two matches to make it to the main draw but falls to NC State #6 Gabriella Broadfoot, 6-1, 3-6, 4-6, in this week's W15 LAKEWOOD, CA.
Salma is currently up 6-3, 4-5 in the same tournament.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Ag4eva95 said:

I'm highly doubting Mya joint makes it to campus. No way NIL counters what should would make as a pro

Agree. It would be crazy, but after Diana Schneider played, I never say never.
Captn_Ag05
AG
No progress yet on the indoor tennis court collaboration between A&M and the city of Bryan.

Quote:

August 1st marks one year since the Bryan city council and Texas A&M agreed to build an indoor facility at Midtown Park that will be used by the university's tennis teams.

An interlocal agreement (ILA) requires completion of the building by August of 2025.

During Tuesday's Bryan council workshop meeting (July 9), mayor Bobby Gutierrez was revealed that there is no final design.

The reason is that proposals so far have exceeded the $17 million dollar budget.

Deputy city manager Hugh Walker tells WTAW News that various options currently under consideration essentially have the same court and floor space.

General manager Jamie Cox of Legends Events Center, who will also be managing the new building, told the council that they will still be able to recruit additional events when the building is not being used by A&M.

A&M will pay the city a fee as part of a 30 year interlocal agreement.
https://wtaw.com/no-design-yet-for-a-second-sports-and-events-center-at-bryans-midtown-park/
LB12Diamond
AG
Tomorrow is the A&M day on the SEC network. How in the world is the Women's NC not on the docket?
Chruchie
AG
because the coverage of the NC was not good. it was on ESPN+ for a reason. The schedule for our SEC takeover doesn't paint the full picture of A&M athletics over this year, but it probably is the best compilation of good broadcasts and success
Anchorhold
Because they haven't finished the movie yet?
LB12Diamond
AG
Georgia showed their match against us winning the SEC tournament on their day. So they could have shown our NC
Chruchie
AG
that was a better quality broadcast. SEC network did the SEC championship, was significantly better quality.
LB12Diamond
AG
They are showing a baseball game with Will Johnson broadcasting right now. They could have taken out one of the 4 baseball games and we would have survived an average NC broadcast.
Anchorhold
Ava won six times advancing to the semifinals in a tournament in Poland this week.

Where do y'all look for real time rankings?
bigtimeag1977
Two excellent wins. Her round of 16 win was over a girl who's UTR would be ranked number 1 or 2 in college tennis.
Anchorhold
Lulu wins both the singles and doubles titles in the W15 Lujan. Her first singles title and third doubles (second this summer with the same partner).
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

Lulu wins both the singles and doubles titles in the W15 Lujan. Her first singles title and third doubles (second this summer with the same partner).

Now #22 college UTR and she was playing #5 to end the year. That final run was so dominant.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Lineups will change with incoming freshman and Spring transfers, but here is an early look at how things stack up for next year. Texas has the best chance to move way up if all of their highly touted class shows up.

It's going to be a fun year!

Chruchie
AG
Mia upsets #3 seed and #253 WTA in the R32 at granby 75k. She will play Kayla cross, the girls who signed with vandy last year but turned pro instead. Carson is also playing and is the 8 seed. both are also playing doubles, Mia is playing doubles with Arsenault (just graduated from auburn). The ITF link any good so here's the tournament's own link.

https://nationalbankchampionships.com/
Anchorhold

Also there's a certain SEC freshman of the year and a best player in college tennis who will not be named that are active this week.
Aggie Tennis
AG
Anchorhold said:

Thank you! (Not good things happen when I am the first to mention this stuff.)

Also there's a certain SEC freshman of the year and a best player in college tennis who will not be named that are active this week.

Mia's live doubles:
https://live.itftennis.com/en/live-streams/video.php?vid=51562183

And that best player teaming up with Crawley!
Quail
Aggie Tennis said:

Ag4eva95 said:

Agree. It would be crazy, but after Diana Schneider played, I never say never.

Ok, just to be funny, she doesn't have to make it to campus. Take online courses and join the team for the SEC tournament and NCAA tournament!!
Aggie Tennis
AG
Mary won her matches today. Singles and doubles!
Chruchie
AG
Mary gets probably the biggest win of her career yet today! beats current #135 WTA (former top 75 player and 1seed) to advance to the semifinals of the 75k in Evansville. she and fiona withdrew from doubles (makes me think it was on fiona's side probably). meanwhile Mia advances to the doubles semifinals and Carson is set it play in the singles quarterfinals at the Granby 75k later today. Lulu is also doing what she does and is in the quarterfinals for singles and semis for doubles at the Lujan 15k
Chruchie
AG
Lulu advances to doubles final and singles semis! She's been virtually unstoppable this summer on clay. I would love to see her play a bigger tournament than a 15k, get a better fell for where she is at there
Aggie Tennis
AG
Chruchie said:

Mary gets probably the biggest win of her career yet today! beats current #135 WTA (former top 75 player and 1seed) to advance to the semifinals of the 75k in Evansville. she and fiona withdrew from doubles (makes me think it was on fiona's side probably). meanwhile Mia advances to the doubles semifinals and Carson is set it play in the singles quarterfinals at the Granby 75k later today. Lulu is also doing what she does and is in the quarterfinals for singles and semis for doubles at the Lujan 15k

Massive win!

Next up is 2023 NCAA champ Fangran Tian.
Chruchie
AG
Mia wins the Granby 75k doubles title!!!! huge win for her! Way to go Mia!

Mary advances to the finals of the evansville 75k beating Fangran Tian 6-3, 6(5)-7, 7-5.!! She will be playing the the biggest match of her pro career tomorrow.

Lulu play in the Singles and doubles final at the Lujan 15k tomorrow!

It's been an incredible week for the girls! very promising results!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Signem
This is not a slight to Mary, by any stretch of the imagination, but if that picture is from the tournament, does anybody else see Mary a good bit leaner than she was during the season? If so, is that by design?
First Page
Page 106 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.