*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

479,600 Views | 7885 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Legal Custodian
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HeyAbbott said:

No one can replace the Houston Oilers collapse against Buffalo!
the falcons against the pats in the Super Bowl comes very close
TXAG 05
AG
UCLAs comeback vs the Aggies was a bigger point differential. We weren't playing for the super bowl, but still an incredible choke job
Danny Vermin
Shorsey is back and is probably the greatest show in the history of TV.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Just watched the first episode last night. I thought it was okay, but am trusting Keeso. Reddit says the season is awesome but didn't want spoilers so didn't read much.

My kid may not play hockey this year because of other commitments and I think there is some of the "moving on" theme this season as well.
gabehcoud
Danny Vermin said:

Shorsey is back and is probably the greatest show in the history of TV.
I started season 1 after finishing Leterkenny but wasnt impressed & didnt stick with it. Is it worth a revisit?
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Oh gosh yes!!!!
gabehcoud
Didn't know this happened
Kashchei
AG
Janmark couldn't score for **** on breakaways for the Stars, but lights it up for Edmonton
Jack Ruby
Poor Canada, once again.
Out in Left Field
AG
Shoulda been the Stars losing the Stanley Cup
joshpettett
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Shoulda been the Stars losing the Stanley Cup

Can you imagine, game 7 loss by the stars occurring at the same time as game 3 Ags?
HockeyAg07
AG
Awesome series when all was said and done. Dammit I love hockey. Let's go stars!
Jack Ruby
Yeah, all 4 dallas teams and ags baseball made it to the playoffs, 4 of those teams going really deep the past year. Was kinda hoping for more than one championship but I guess I'll at least take a world series.
HockeyAg07
AG
Not a fan of McDavid getting the CS. Give it to someone that isn't bummed as hell right now.
Cappo
AG
Jack Ruby said:

Yeah, all 4 dallas teams and ags baseball made it to the playoffs, 4 of those teams going really deep the past year. Was kinda hoping for more than one championship but I guess I'll at least take a world series.
Rangers won it. Mavs Stars fell short and I'm a 9era fan
WyoAgg10
AG
Jack Ruby said:

Somehow my Dbacks still catch a stray. Fun season. Stars have me excited for next year.
beagle2009
AG
9ers and Dbacks fans in this thread… gross!!
Roll the Bones
AG
HockeyAg07 said:

Not a fan of McDavid getting the CS. Give it to someone that isn't bummed as hell right now.

Gives the fans another reason to boo Bettman. Like they need a reason...
Grapesoda2525
Happy for Florida. The NHL seems to hate teams from the south.. so **** them.

Glad Canada's streak without a championship lives on.
rynning
AG
Can you imagine how all those Aggies living in Edmonton feel this morning?
Roll the Bones
AG
Thanks everyone for playing along in our bracket challenge again this season. This year's winner is gabehcoud, who was the only one to pick the eventual Stanley Cup champions!

Gabe, drop me an email with your contact info so I can mail you your "trophy".

scratchmetalwear at gmail.

Now that the season is over, the college WS is over, I don't know what to do with myself.
TRIDENT
AG
Might as well go fishing.
FWAppraiser
AG
Draft is Friday.

This year has a great crop of right-handed d-men, so I think the Stars will go that route. I'd love it if EJ Emery fell to 29. He's a steal there. Otherwise, I think it'll be between Domink Badinka or Charlie Elick.

Call your shot. Who are the Stars taking at 29? Or, with only 3 picks this year, do they try and trade back into the 2nd and pick up an additional pick?
Tksymm7
AG
THE STARS ARE BUYING OUT RYAN SUTER'S LAST YEAR ON HIS CONTRACT. GOD IS GOOD.

I wonder what plans Nill has up his sleeve for the d-men now, going into this season. That's another spot completely open.
FWAppraiser
AG
Hallelujah!

Jeff Marek is the only one reporting. Weird, he got the scoop. Man, I hope it's true.

Also a somewhat dangerous game. Had to be done by the end of the month, but now you only have TWO defensemen under contract. Granted, Harley and Lundkvist are RFAs and protected, but you're still taking a gamble that you can get what you need via free agency. I'm hopeful this means a Tanev deal is imminent, and Nill has a good plan for the rest of the D-corps.

Ultimately though, this had to be done. Suter was a liability, and we need the money to finish out our roster.
Tksymm7
AG
Agreed on it being a risk, albeit calculated for sure. I would also assume that this means Bichsel is going to get every opportunity to make the roster from now until the first game.
FWAppraiser
AG
For sure. I read something the other day that they may still start him in the AHL, but I think they plan to give him every shot to make the opening night roster. I'm betting we end up with a couple of borderline 6/7 guys that can fill in or be odd man out depending on his readiness.
FWAppraiser
AG
So far:

Losing Dellandrea & Suter
Adding Bourque & Bichsel

This roster is already better.
Tksymm7
AG
Stars pick coming up
shack009
AG
I have no idea about the NHL draft, but FWAppraiser says he wants EJ Emery so I've been sitting on pins and needles hoping Emery isn't taken.
FWAppraiser
AG
I thought Solberg was actually going to fall. That would have been unreal, but Pat Verbeek had to trade up and screw it all up.
FWAppraiser
AG
Ha!

I'd love Emery, but any of the following will be SOLID:

Emery
Elick
Badinka
Stiga
Ritchie

Greentree would have been an absolute steal. Oh well.

I've seen a lot of mocks with Calgary taking Emery, but there's plenty of talent that will still be on the board.

Jim Nill has more than earned the benefit of the doubt, regardless of who we pick.
gigem1223
Well Emery is there for the pickin
shack009
AG
A Finnish winger.
FWAppraiser
AG
Hmm.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, and if there's a team and a GM with their finger on the pulse of Finnish hockey it's Dallas & Jim Nill

BUT

this organization needs RHD and LW in the pipeline. If it wasn't one of those two spots, I would think you take best player available. Just so happens that best available, IMO, was RHD EJ Emery. Head-scratcher why we'd pass him over.

Hemming is good though. Consesus is he was the #27 prospect, so he went right around where he should have. Kid has a good shot and is kind of a "new age" power forward. Solid pick.
First Page Last Page
Page 222 of 226

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.