*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

423,236 Views | 7714 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Emotional Support Cobra
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol ****ing embarrassing
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Game 1 for ya
PatAg
AG
Can't blow that many power plays, especially a 4 minute in ot1
GrapevineAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Lol ****ing embarrassing

stick95
AG
They won game 1. We have them right where we want them.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
sburg2007
Not netting during the double minor was brutal
Kashchei
AG
Had their chances. Oh well.
Out in Left Field
AG
Stars to the Stanley Cup Finals confirmed
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I feel like if we won game 1 then we would lose the series… and we don't want that obviously
91AggieLawyer
AG
Anyone watching the first OT knew it was only a matter of time. I'm surprised it took Edmonton as long as it did. The Oilers were far quicker, more aggressive, and played much better defense (at least in OT). Every time the Stars had the puck on the Oiler's side, the defense was able to almost immediately gather 3-4 defenders on the puck. But the Stars' defense seemed content with 2 when the Oilers had the puck in their zone.

I guess I'll never know hockey well enough to understand why you dump it deep only to give up the puck 90% of the time. Edmonton didn't do that but the Stars did. Brought back horrific memories of Ken Hitchcock. Was it due to the Stars being tired, lazy, or both? Maybe neither, but it is a fair question.
Roll the Bones
AG
Nothing embarrassing about that effort. Just disappointing we didn't get a pp goal. Losing game 1 is apparently our thing.
Grapesoda2525
Edmonton played better Defense than I expected. I thought they would be easier to score on than Vegas and Colorado.

Then again……we looked flat and sloppy all game.
TV Casualty
AG
The Oilers were better 5 on 5 tonight. Have to get that fixed since we all know that Edmonton will get theirs on the power play eventually.
Muy
AG
We had it in the first OT of the puck hit 1cm left of the pipe.
Tksymm7
AG
I thought the Stars looked terrible for 2 1/2 periods, and while yes it hurts to lose in 2OT I think we started to really play in the second half of the 3rd and OT. You also cannot go 0-5 on the PP with a 4 minute double minor of McJesus. That simply cannot happen.

Areas to improve are the PP, line combos, faceoffs (this one is a wtf for me) and turning the puck over. I thought the PP, especially the second unit, was putrid outside of the the 4 minute double minor and even then they lacked creativity (they went back to the Robo dot shot like six times). They turned the puck over a ton last night and the passing was piss poor for the most part, but I think that is more being rusty and having not played in almost a full week.
sburg2007
I miss good roope.
Tksymm7
AG
He's a big piece to what the Stars do even when he's not necessarily filling the stat sheet up. His speed can also offset guys like Pavs or Faksa, so-to-speak. Watching last night without him and some in the Colorado series really was eye opening to just how slow-footed we can be with certain groups on the ice. Part of me wishes that Bourque got more run at the end of the season so he could be playing in these playoffs. I think him simply being 15+ years younger than Pavs and what not would really help at times.
gibberish
AG

shack009
AG
TV Casualty said:

The Oilers were better 5 on 5 tonight. Have to get that fixed since we all know that Edmonton will get theirs on the power play eventually.

They were also even with us when down a man…
TV Casualty
AG
shack009 said:

TV Casualty said:

They were also even with us when down a man…

The Stars actually generated a lot of scoring chances on that double minor. Even though the power play didn't score it still made it to where the Stars had a slight edge in scoring chances last night.

Remove the power plays and Edmonton had more scoring chances 5 on 5. I didn't expect that to happen and we'll see as the series goes on if it improves.

The power play gave the Stars a chance to win a game they were being outplayed in. Just had 3 terrible PPs and then narrowly missed during the double minor.

Stars should be better 5 on 5 going forward and Skinner won't always be as good as he was last night.
gabehcoud
Drilled 2 posts in the OT pp as well. Im back off the ledge, but damn.
Tksymm7
AG
I am oddly fine with how last night turned out. For sure sucks to lose that one the way we came back and the four minute double minor in OT, but I think we'll play better moving forward.
gabehcoud
The hitting in this ECF series is old school
Out in Left Field
AG
Butt save!
FWAppraiser
AG
Some clips of Roope from yesterday:

I'm not saying he'll play, and I'm not saying he's our savior, but it's painfully obvious we're missing something without him in the lineup. If he does play, I'm betting we'll still have a Roope that's hesitant to shoot and will probably either not be used for faceoffs or be pretty ineffective there. But it's evident up and down the forward lines how much he's missed. Last game, the only line that generated anything was the Benn-Seguin line, until DeBoer split them up later in the game.
gabehcoud
Out in Left Field
AG
MF'n GAMEDAY!!!
Grapesoda2525
I'm hoping game 1 was a combination of :

Our initial game plan against Edmonton was bad and needed lots of adjustments which are easy to make

We came out a little rusty and slow

Edmonton came out benefiting from playing a game 7.
gabehcoud
not seeing hintz
gabehcoud
oh my

Tksymm7
AG
Honestly I think we could get better by simply inserting Delly.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I hope they all practiced shooting top shelf 1000x yesterday.
TyHolden
AG
They need to delay this game until the Ags finish softball...
twilly
AG
OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!
twilly
AG
That didn't last long
First Page Last Page
Page 187 of 221

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.