*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

430,275 Views | 7737 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Danny Vermin
gabehcoud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody bought a Winter Classic (or other) jersey from either of these sites? Found the links on reddit with mostly positive reviews. Obviously not authentic, but curious if anybody has taken this risk before I do.

https://www.dallasstarsproshop.com/Stars_Dallas_Stars-3

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2023-t-shirt-hockey-jersey-for-solid-colors/928632735.html?f=bm%7Caff%7Cadmitad%7C1082681%7C00b713318c74857cb9edd4d71b341c3c%7C197649%7C%7C&af_dp=dhgate%3A%2F%2Fvirtual%3Fdes%3DitemDetail%26itemcode%3D928632735%26d1code%3Dbm%7Caff%7Cadmitad%7C1082681%7C00b713318c74857cb9edd4d71b341c3c%7C197649%7C%7C&af_adset_id=6a95c12d58&af_ip=75.32.207.189&pid=admitad1_int&is_retargeting=true&af_click_lookback=30d&af_media_type=web&clickid=00b713318c74857cb9edd4d71b341c3c&af_lang=en-US&af_siteid=1007403&af_sub_siteid=1082681&c=affiliate
beagle2009
AG
Get ready for the Connor McDavid suckfest…
TRIDENT
AG
My Canucks fell short, so no WCF trip to Dallas for me. GL Stars, go win the Cup!
flintdragon
AG
beagle2009 said:

Get ready for the Connor McDavid suckfest…
just like the MacKinnon lovefest... we got this!
BassCowboy33
Legal Custodian said:

Roll the Bones said:

They skipped the anthem and intro to show the end of a wnba game.

Well, Caitlyn Clark's first game outdrew an NHL playoff game. So it was probably the right call for viewership unfortunately
I think some people still don't get how enormous of a draw Clark is for TV. She's the Manziel of the WNBA. Her games outdrew the men's Final Four.
BassCowboy33
Edmonton is like Colorado on crack. Higher end offensively and ECHL-quality goaltending.
TyHolden
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Roll the Bones said:

They skipped the anthem and intro to show the end of a wnba game.

Well, Caitlyn Clark's first game outdrew an NHL playoff game. So it was probably the right call for viewership unfortunately
I think some people still don't get how enormous of a draw Clark is for TV. She's the Manziel of the WNBA. Her games outdrew the men's Final Four.

I thought I stumbled into the gb but that's very interesting…
Tksymm7
AG
They don't have Makar, which makes me happy. I thought Makar could've absolutely TORCHED us, but he never really used his legs like I thought he would. Every once in a while he would make a move at the top and work his way down, and that is where I thought he would kill us. So substitute out the best d-man in the league for another top 10 forward in Draisaitl and Edmonton is pretty dang similar to Colorado.

I actually think Edmonton has better goal-tending than Colorado. Skinner and Pickard were a solid combo for them this year.
Tksymm7
AG
I think the NHL got two really good conference matchups. In the East they get a massive market original six team NYR at MSG and a newer southern market team that plays on the edge in the FL Panthers. In the West they get a good sized market in Dallas (but let's be real it's TEXAS) with talent up and down the roster, young and old, in the central time zone, and one of the most storied franchises in the EDM Oilers with the biggest star in the league.
Grapesoda2525
Tksymm7 said:

I think the NHL got two really good conference matchups. In the East they get a massive market original six team NYR at MSG and a newer southern market team that plays on the edge in the FL Panthers. In the West they get a good sized market in Dallas (but let's be real it's TEXAS) with talent up and down the roster, young and old, in the central time zone, and one of the most storied franchises in the EDM Oilers with the biggest star in the league.
It's pretty much all of Texas vs. all of Canada at this point.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Mine are sold, but my cousin is selling his for game 1 and 2 as he is gone on work trip as well.

114 S7-8. You'll be sitting behind other Ags at least.

He is asking $300/ea ticket for both games.
SbisaVictim95
AG
McJesus and Draisaitl scare me a bit, especially on the PP but they do remind me of Colorado in that they occasionally get a little too Globetrotterish and try to put on a show with their fancy skating and passing and forget to shoot the puck.

If we can stay out of the box, and keep playing good positionally 5 on 5, I think we take care of business. They're a little unsettled in net. Skinner got them to this point but he's been shaky at times and they've played the back-up a few times in the playoffs.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I still think we are the deeper team. Maybe not in game 1, but for the series.
BassCowboy33
SbisaVictim95 said:

McJesus and Draisaitl scare me a bit, especially on the PP but they do remind me of Colorado in that they occasionally get a little too Globetrotterish and try to put on a show with their fancy skating and passing and forget to shoot the puck.

If we can stay out of the box, and keep playing good positionally 5 on 5, I think we take care of business. They're a little unsettled in net. Skinner got them to this point but he's been shaky at times and they've played the back-up a few times in the playoffs.

Staying out of the box is key. Dallas can't win a special teams fest.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Yeah, my issue is I fear that the coach won't mismanage and exhaust McDavid and Drai like Colorado did with their top line.
All I do is Nguyen
So do we go ahead and prepare ourselves for the inevitable game 1 loss?
Danny Vermin
Edmontons defence is terrible. Nurse is a turnover machine and Ekblad is not the same. Stay out of the box and they will get frustrated with the way we play defence. We need to finish all the breakaways we will get. No excuse to lose to this team.
sburg2007
Heaven help me if the Stars give up a break away goal to Janmark, who could not hit the ocean from a pier with the puck when he was here...
Kashchei
AG
Janmark: The original Ty Dellandrea
shack009
AG
My buddies and I had season tickets in Janmark's first year and he was our favorite non star player. We had such high hopes for him based on that season.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

You, sir, are prohibited from watching game!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Season leader of shots into the goalie pads.
TexasRebel
AG
He's gotta move, right?
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Mail this to the practice facility
Roll the Bones
AG
Bought a roll of these Canadian quarters that celebrated the 125th anniversary of the SC and thought y'all would appreciate it. I cut out the background areas of the coin by hand with a jeweler's saw.

That's what I do for fun on the weekends when I'm not watching hockey.

All I do is Nguyen
Emotional Support Cobra said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

You, sir, are prohibited from watching game!
I know. It is my cross to bear, but I gladly make this sacrifice for another Cup
Jack Ruby
I think I read in the comments section of one of The Hockey Guy's videos that the Alberta of the US is playing the Texas of Canada.
dvldog
AG
Not sure if this has come up before, but this article quotes Razor saying that Tanev chose/forced the trade to the Stars over Edmonton (with a lesser package going the other way). Nice little storyline if true.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/tanev-chose-dallas-over-edmonton-dallar-stars-insider-says-of-major-nhl-trade-deadline-deal
shack009
AG
And explains why we got such a great deal in that trade. Even at the time, we were all shocked at how nice it was for us, and this would make it come in to focus a bit.
Grapesoda2525
Quote:

The finalists for Tanev the most attractive d-man on the market in February 2024 (and it wasn't close) were Dallas, Edmonton, Colorado, Vancouver and Toronto, reported The Athletic's Pierre Lebrun.
From article

Man…..Colorado is annoying. Seems like those guys are always breathing down our necks.
Danny Vermin
Good article. Let's hope we keep him for a while if that's the case. As exciting as this season is , we have the horses for an extended time of being in this position for quite a few years.
All I do is Nguyen
Okay who pissed off Eddie

FWAppraiser
AG
Eddie don't play

All I do is Nguyen
Thats one thing I loved about Belfour, he wasn't a punk. And I remember how HEATED the rivalry was with the red wings back in the 90s, so this does not surprise me who he did it to lol
shack009
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 222

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.