*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

472,863 Views | 7885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Legal Custodian
shack009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GAC06
AG
I'm guessing they didn't sell a lot of Nichushkin jerseys tonight
Grapesoda2525
Feels like a spot in the Stanley cup finals is there for the taking.

The avs are a wounded and weak opponent at this point and they would have to win 3 in a row with 2 in Dallas to finish it off.

The opponent in round 3 probably wouldn't be as tough as the opponents in the first 2 rounds.

PuroAg07
AG
I hope there is a sea of old Stars Nichushkin jerseys at AAC tomorrow night
jr15aggie
AG
I just wanted to chime in on this thread real quick and then I'll leave you guys to it... long time Stars fan here and this has been a great season/playoffs!

I watched religiously 20+ years ago during the Modano/Belfour era (during my college years). Then came married/kids/career and hockey was one of the weekly hobbies that got cut. So I'm definitely more of a fair weather fan these days, but it's amazing how happy I get when they win and how bothered I was when CO came back in game one.

Let's go Stars!
JWinTX
jr15aggie said:

I just wanted to chime in on this thread real quick and then I'll leave you guys to it... long time Stars fan here and this has been a great season/playoffs!

I watched religiously 20+ years ago during the Modano/Belfour era (during my college years). Then came married/kids/career and hockey was one of the weekly hobbies that got cut. So I'm definitely more of a fair weather fan these days, but it's amazing how happy I get when they win and how bothered I was when CO came back in game one.

Let's go Stars!

For those of us who are of a certain age, this series brings back a lot of the feels. This was when we fell in love with the franchise. Those Avs-Stars series were incredible and we earned a Cup and almost a 2nd one.
Since we never play Detroit anymore, Colorado is the old rival many of us hate still .
BassCowboy33
That was a thorough shellacking.

Let's do it again.
NukeAg10
AG
I'm working nights this week, so I managed to avoid the score until watching last night's game. Stars whooped that ass. Time to close it out Wednesday.
EastSideAg2002
stick95 said:

This reminds me of when the Stars played the Devils in the Stanley cup finals a while back.
Why you got to bring up ol' sht?
jr15aggie
AG
I was just reminded about a professor I had back in '99. He loved the Stars and brought them up a lot. On his final exam one of the multiple choice options to a question was "Ed Belfour".

When I handed in the test I don't remember exactly what I said, but him and I had a nice laugh. I don't think he expected many students to pick up on that.
gtaggie_08
AG
It's amazing to see how quick the progression in Johnston's game has been at this level. He's always been an elite defender but to see how fast he's stepped up to dominate on the offensive end while not sacrificing defensive ability/intensity is incredible. Last night about halfway through the game, he was outshooting the entire Avs team 8-7. And don't get me started on passing up a playoff hat trick before his birthday to a more open teammate.

My prediction is that in the next 3-4 years, he will be named captain to replace Benn and start another 10-12 year run of leadership that Benn has had
FTAco07
AG
I agree. I think he get's an A next year assuming Pavs hangs it up and he'll get the C once Benn is done.
Legal Custodian
AG
FTAco07 said:

I agree. I think he get's an A next year assuming Pavs hangs it up and he'll get the C once Benn is done.
Over Heiskanen?

I bet he get's the A and will have that for as long as Heiskanen stays with us and then will get the C afterwards.

gtaggie_08
AG
The C doesn't always go to the most talented person in the team. Avs are a good example. MacKinnon is the best player by far on the team but Landeskog is the C.

Miro is amazing but I don't know if he has the same fire to put the team on his back and carry play the same way that Johnston does. I see Johnny as having all the needed qualities for a long-term C
FTAco07
AG
Miro already has an A. It's Pavs, Seguin, Miro, and Esa
Legal Custodian
AG
FTAco07 said:

Miro already has an A. It's Pavs, Seguin, Miro, and Esa
I had poor syntax, I'm saying I bet Johnston gets the A, while Miro will get the C after Benn hangs em up.
FTAco07
AG
Ah. I don't know if Miro has the personality or style to be the C, but I would certainly be good with it if that's what the team decides.
GrapevineAg
AG
We've talked about hits in this series. Most of COL's hits come in their defensive third, while DAL's hits favor the offensive end, especially this last game. Neither team is doing much hitting in the neutral zone. Our forwards are doing work inside their blue line with forechecking and generating turnovers. And it hasn't hurt us too much in terms of guys getting caught in the offensive zone giving them a fast break.
TecRecAg
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if Hintz got it. They locked him up until 2031 for a reason.
Tksymm7
AG
I think Robo is kinda molding himself into Captain material. This year in particular I have seen him really do a bunch of the little things, including becoming much more physical and outspoken on and off the ice.
91AggieLawyer
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

stick95 said:

This reminds me of when the Stars played the Devils in the Stanley cup finals a while back.
Why you got to bring up ol' sht?

No kidding. That was beyond painful. Stars should have won that in 5. Stars' goal scoring went cold (and in Hitchcock's "offense," that was nothing new). Eddie picked a bad time to go tapioca early in the series.

Sorry, but time hasn't come close to healing that wound.
Roll the Bones
AG
I remember how many fans that stayed for the entire celebration as the Devils skated the Cup at Reunion, including myself. It was bitter sweet but I felt like I had to stay and watch.
Grapesoda2525
Probably a good thing that no team has booked their ticket to the finals round or round 3 yet. The stars can be the first team to do it tomorrow and we would receive plenty of rest if we can win the game.

I felt like we played poorly in game 1 against the avs because of game 7 with the golden knights being so close to the start of our series with the avs.
TyHolden
AG
Van-Edm is a pretty good game. Just tied up 2-2. I'd hate to stay up for this one.
ryanhnc10
AG
Not tied anymore
Out in Left Field
TyHolden
AG
Yeah, that was a quick score. This is a great series to watch. Not sure who we'd rather play. Edmonton crowd is nuts!
ryanhnc10
AG
Yeah I've gone back and forth on who would be better for us to play. I hope it goes 7 games though
Grapesoda2525
TyHolden said:

Yeah, that was a quick score. This is a great series to watch. Not sure who we'd rather play. Edmonton crowd is nuts!
Edmonton has 2 McKinnon clones, but the stars should be able to exploit their defense and goalie.

Vancouver might get Demko back next round. If they do, I hope he is rusty.

Either way, I'd love for the series to go 7 then force the winner to fly from Canada for game 1, but because the league office is in Canada, they will probably give the winner of the other series plenty of time / rest and won't screw them like they did us in round 2.
gabehcoud
I want Edmonton and I want to activate Pouliot to take a game misconduct against Cory Perry.
All I do is Nguyen
WAKE UP FKERS!!!! IT'S GAME 5 DAY!!!! TIME TO SEAL THIS DEAL AND MOVE ON!!!!

Tksymm7
AG
I hope Tyler Seguin has an edge up scheduled for the Barber back in Dallas today.
Out in Left Field
AG
In a bit of bad planning, I'll be at a soccer game tonight. But I'll have Josh & Razor on the radio call.

Let's do this!
Roll the Bones
AG
Username does not check out.
sburg2007
Tried to throw my son's tee ball game last night so we wouldn't have to play tonight. I failed and first pitch is at 7:15.
First Page Last Page
Page 157 of 226

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.