*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

473,063 Views | 7885 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Legal Custodian
FWAppraiser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This one won't be easy. Colorado is still a dangerous team. I expect them to come out with everything they have. But if we can hold them off to start, and capitalize on their over-aggression, frustration will set in. You could already see it last game.
Weather the storm, and it'll be there for the taking.

twilly
AG
The Stars burned them consistently on the counter attack. I expect Colorado to sit the D men farther back to prevent that. If they don't, they will get exposed a lot again.
Grapesoda2525
FWAppraiser said:

This one won't be easy. Colorado is still a dangerous team. I expect them to come out with everything they have. But if we can hold them off to start, and capitalize on their over-aggression, frustration will set in. You could already see it last game.
Weather the storm, and it'll be there for the taking.

0-0 after 10 minutes is a good result for us on the road. Get settled in, shorten the game a bit, and it could be there for the taking.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Yeah, I keep expecting at some point they are going to unhook the trailer and overwhelm the Stars. But more and more it us like control the top line and pp and then just stay on top of their other guys in the neutral zone. I keep telling myself it can't be that simple. Stay out of box and stay frosty and roll4 lines with the 4th being the secret booster. Can't wait!!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I keep thinking back to that awesome 3rd period in the Vegas game where we churned through the lines over and over and Vegas ran out of stuff to give back. It was beautiful.
Grapesoda2525
Emotional Support Cobra said:

Yeah, I keep expecting at some point they are going to unhook the trailer and overwhelm the Stars. But more and more it us like control the top line and pp and then just stay on top of their other guys in the neutral zone. I keep telling myself it can't be that simple. Stay out of box and stay frosty and roll4 lines with the 4th being the secret booster. Can't wait!!
Maybe it is indeed possible that Vegas really was the biggest competitor due to their cheating and it's mainly downhill from here?

One can hope.
ChoppinDs40
AG
I said after game 1. PDB figured out that all they have (relatively) is 1 line. Keep MacKinnon from razzle dazzle skating into your zone and having open passing lanes and you'll just overwhelm them.

They're fast as hell, but we've got adequate speed on every line.

Just stay out of the box and we'll win this in 6. Going 3-3 on the PP kill was the key stat to the game on Saturday.
All I do is Nguyen
So long as Otter keeps making miraculous save after save, we will be just fine.
FWAppraiser
AG
I think there's a little truth to Vegas being a tougher out than Colorado for us. Vegas' style and lineup gave us fits. Colorado, despite some of their deadline moves, is still so top heavy. In the playoffs, depth almost always trumps top end skill. And Otter being better than Georgiev only tips the scales even more.

Pete DeBoer is also putting on a coaching clinic this series. He's throwing stuff at that top line that they're not used to seeing and it's frustrating/confusing them. It'll be interesting to see if they can figure out a counter attack. But what's crazy is, we played our best defensive game when they had last change. All the more reason why Colorado HAS to win tonight to have any shot.

Another thing that has struck me is the style Colorado is choosing to play. They are outhitting us 104-47 this series. You read that right. It's like we're playing two different series. Dallas is playing the game they want to play and Colorado is either still playing Winnipeg or they thought we'd be so beat up from Vegas that they figured they could finish us off. If they were smart, they'd abandon the physicality and go all out. If they don't, I really like our chances. The Avs are making too many mistakes when they play too physical, and Georgiev isn't the best and bailing them out. We just have to capitalize on our chances.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Emotional Support Cobra said:

Maybe it is indeed possible that Vegas really was the biggest competitor due to their cheating and it's mainly downhill from here?

One can hope.

Honestly the biggest liability we suffered with Vegas was fatigue and risk of injury. And being royally boned by the refs.
All I do is Nguyen
FWAppraiser said:

They are outhitting us 104-47 this series.
This is absolutely insane to me. Usually if a team is getting out shot this badly, they are losing. Again shows how effective our D has been, along with Otter
micahb2002
AG
I am selling two tickets for game 5 in Section 206. $600 for pair, which makes me eat the ticketmaster fees on one ticket. If they win tonight, prices will go up.

Text me 9037444252
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Damn, why do I live in SA and have a job!!!
PatAg
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

FWAppraiser said:

This is absolutely insane to me. Usually if a team is getting out shot this badly, they are losing. Again shows how effective our D has been, along with Otter
outhitting, not out shooting
micahb2002
AG
PatAg said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

FWAppraiser said:

The hits in this series have been way tamer than the Vegas series on both sides.
GrapevineAg
AG
micahb2002 said:

PatAg said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

FWAppraiser said:

The hits in this series have been way tamer than the Vegas series on both sides.
Yep - Vegas hits way harder than Colorado. Getting outhit in this series doesn't concern me. Benn did more with 1 clean hit than all of theirs combined.
SbisaVictim95
AG
The hit stats don't bother me. People look at that and think, "Wow one team is obviously more aggressive!" But to spin it another way, the team doing all the hitting usually doesn't have the puck.
Tksymm7
AG
Word on the street…
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Very interesting!
The Shank Ag
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Can't decide wether to put in a Clapton or Rick James GIF
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Just can't stay away from that booger sugar
ChoppinDs40
AG
Something something hookers and blow?
Cappo
AG
https://www.denverpost.com/2024/05/13/valeri-nichushkin-suspended-nhl-player-assistance-program/
FWAppraiser
AG
Just got in the car and heard the news.
Suspended for at least six months. Wow.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
FWAppraiser said:

And I'm not mad about it.

My BIL is an Avs guy and said the Avs internal discussions are that they will likely move on from him
TV Casualty
AG
Drouin may come back from injury for them. He's capable of matching Nuke's production.
Jack Ruby
Yay! Another game delayed.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
CoppellAg2009
AG
When it rains it pours.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
So we should just go ahead and play to close this out on Wednesday and get an extra day of rest
All I do is Nguyen
Okay as someone who doesn't follow hockey like some of yall what does that mean?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Win tonight and win Wednesday, we move on to the next round
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
All I do is Nguyen said:

Okay as someone who doesn't follow hockey like some of yall what does that mean?

Oh you responded to my other post.

He is gone for a minimum of 6 months due to his drug issue. Forced rehab pretty much
FWAppraiser
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

FWAppraiser said:

And I'm not mad about it.

My BIL is an Avs guy and said the Avs internal discussions are that they will likely move on from him

Would be shocked if they don't move on. And I would think they have grounds to fully nullify his contract.
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 226

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.