*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

466,253 Views | 7885 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Legal Custodian
micahb2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anybody spare a game 5 ticket?
All I do is Nguyen
Danny Vermin said:

They changed that rule after the Hull goal in 99. Unless the player is actually interfering with the goalie, they can be in the crease. They still cry about it in Buffalo.
man **** the sabers and Hasek we would have won the series no matter what
PuroAg07
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Danny Vermin said:

They changed that rule after the Hull goal in 99. Unless the player is actually interfering with the goalie, they can be in the crease. They still cry about it in Buffalo.
man **** the sabers and Hasek we would have won the series no matter what
Stars are on the cup - I like that it burns them.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

So watching the highlights back, how TF did the Oilers first goal count??? Dude was CLEARLY in the crease when he scored it

I am laughing because if you told a stranger that you are not watching the series so you don't jinx your anonymous internet friends they would think you are nuts. Or get it.
Roll the Bones
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

So watching the highlights back, how TF did the Oilers first goal count??? Dude was CLEARLY in the crease when he scored it

I am laughing because if you told a stranger that you are not watching the series so you don't jinx your anonymous internet friends they would think you are nuts. Or get it.

All I do is Nguyen
Emotional Support Cobra said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

any real sports fan would understand. We're all superstitious in some way. Also anyone who would t get it doesn't need to be apart of my life, I don't need that kind of negativity
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

any real sports fan would understand. We're all superstitious in some way. Also anyone who would t get it doesn't need to be apart of my life, I don't need that kind of negativity
As someone who watched the entire world series from the entry way to my garage, I completely understand and support your effort.

I was returning from grabbing a beer in the 4th inning of game 6 against the Astros and Heim hit the shot while I was passing through the entry way into the garage. That is where I stayed the rest of the way. It is only dumb if it doesn't work.....and.....I wasn't about to anger the baseball gods by thumbing my nose at them.

ETA: Still shocked I wasn't in the victory parade.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Thank you all for your service!!

My daughter the actual hockey player won't watch the stars games just other teams then we discuss it in the morning.
dallasiteinsa02
I tried watching delayed. Didn't work. They got a goal to tie it up. Really hoping they win game 4 so that I can watch some of game 5.
All I do is Nguyen
Buck Compton
AG
Buck Compton said:

Great W.

Stars seemed to get stronger as the game went on in both of the first two games. Need to stand stronger early in period 1 in Edmonton.

As many good chances as they had, their only goal was just an Otter brain fart. We're a centimeter away from 2-0 if either of Robo's OT PP shots go in.
Well, we didn't do this in Period 1... But Robo woke up and it didn't matter. Great Game 3 - was traveling but what a great game to watch after knowing the outcome. I would have been in a terrible mood after the first period if I had been watching live.

Now we need to capitalize on this momentum and crush their spirits in the first period on Wednesday.
Grapesoda2525
Buck Compton said:

Buck Compton said:

Great W.

Stars seemed to get stronger as the game went on in both of the first two games. Need to stand stronger early in period 1 in Edmonton.

As many good chances as they had, their only goal was just an Otter brain fart. We're a centimeter away from 2-0 if either of Robo's OT PP shots go in.
Well, we didn't do this in Period 1... But Robo woke up and it didn't matter. Great Game 3 - was traveling but what a great game to watch after knowing the outcome. I would have been in a terrible mood after the first period if I had been watching live.

Now we need to capitalize on this momentum and crush their spirits in the first period on Wednesday.
Just gotta keep the faith. These guys are never out of a road game. I expect comebacks on the road from them more than I do at home.
Danny Vermin
I'm not going to even bother telling you guys the nonsense I do during the games.
FWAppraiser
AG
Florida does their part and guarantees at least a game 6 in the ECF.
gibberish
AG
Today is…
South Platte
I'm a casual fan compared to most of you guys so I'm not a super homer. I honestly don't see how we lose this series. I picked Stars in 5. Could be 6.
flintdragon
AG
Had a lot of fun going to game 2. Last Stars game I've been to was just before the covid shutdown and the presentation has changed quite a bit!

Was disappointed that I could not find a Robertson jersey anywhere. I guess they didn't want my $250.

I have more confidence we win this series than the Ranger winning theirs!
All I do is Nguyen
South Platte said:

I'm a casual fan compared to most of you guys so I'm not a super homer. I honestly don't see how we lose this series. I picked Stars in 5. Could be 6.

I also picked stars in 5. I think it will ultimately us and Rangers for the cup. Which will go 7 games I believe
All I do is Nguyen
It's gameday gents! Tonight we keep the pressure on and take game 4.

I will be doing my usual ritual of not watching. Those of you who also don't watch, join me brothers as our sacrifice means the success of the team!
shack009
AG
Cross post from the Mavs thread. Michael Irvin numerology bodes well for the Stars and Mavs:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/the-musers-840-bit-fake-michael-irvin-numerology?in_playlist=podcast
Roll the Bones
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7jiNRNPQSF/?igsh=a28xN3k1b2M2Z3d6
TexasRebel
AG
Ugh. Rangers let me down last night. The 3rd was abysmal.

I still think they're good to win it though.
Tksymm7
AG
Kinda curious as to how PDB used the fourth line and the third pair on D tonight. I thought both of those groups were not good last game and got a little exposed for the first time in the playoffs.
Grapesoda2525
FWAppraiser said:

Florida does their part and guarantees at least a game 6 in the ECF.
Careful in rooting for Florida too much. If we advance, my biggest concern is bobslavski standing on his head and winning the cup for them. That guy really wants a Stanley cup.
FWAppraiser
AG
I'm just rooting for a long series.
But of the 2 goalies, Igor scares me a lot more. Florida, as a team, plays better defense though.
FWAppraiser
AG
Yep. The 4th line and 3rd pair were the lowest graded guys on the team from Game 3.

Faksa's in for Smith. DeBoer says it's to get fresh legs out there. I suspect Faksa's ability to take draws doesn't hurt either. I think Smith is the wrong scratch, but we'll see what happens.

On D I would double shift Miro, Tanev and Harley and throw Suter and Petrovic out there with one of them (never together). Keep Petrovic at or below 10 minutes and Suter around 15-16. It's not ideal, and I know we thought it wouldn't work long-term, but at this point it's the best option.
Roll the Bones
AG
Looks like Corey Perry is playing tonight. Gonna need our D to play physical in front of the net and keep him out of Otter's lap.
FWAppraiser
AG
This screams "get under their skin, get them off their game, and draw some penalties".
Roll the Bones
AG
Yep, and Perry has the knack of making huge plays in the post season. I could definitely see him having an impact tonight. Hopefully he puts us on the PP with some bone headed penalty or two.

May he channel his 2020 Winter Classic self. Lol
Tksymm7
AG
I like that DeBoer has split Miro and Harley. Lindell and Miro can play together seamlessly while Tanev and probably provide some comfort for Harley. Also gives each pair a + skater on D.
Cappo
AG
Tksymm7 said:

I like that DeBoer has split Miro and Harley. Lindell and Miro can play together seamlessly while Tanev and probably provide some comfort for Harley. Also gives each pair a + skater on D.
our + skating D men have been very good this playoff run
bagger05
AG
Go time. I think we get a PP goal tonight.
micahb2002
AG
The Rangers are named after a guy who from Grayson County (Sherman) called "Tex." They are the original Tex's Rangers.
Jack Ruby
I've got the TV on mute listening to Beethoven. Doing my part.

FWAppraiser
AG
Me too. What I thought they'd do since Tanev got here. And I like putting Tanev with Harley because Harley's play with the puck lately is concerning, and I trust Tanev more than Esa to clean that up.
First Page Last Page
Page 200 of 226

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.