*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

433,213 Views | 7756 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by TRIDENT
beagle2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oops… wrong forum
Roll the Bones
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Anyone on here collect/trade hockey cards? I used to back when the Stars came to Dallas through the early 00's. Just recently dove headfirst back in, and I've become slightly obsessed (needed a hobby). Built quite a decent Stars collection and a have lot of sets/inserts for other teams.

I started collecting autographs when I was in elementary school and have a ton of Stars and other hockey player autographs on cards, jerseys, etc. Most of the hockey signatures were collected in the late 90s and early 00s. Back in the good old days, the Stars had a monthly signing appearance at various malls around the area and I hit several of those to get things signed by Daryl Sydor, Joe Nieuwendyk, Derrian Hatcher, etc.

Also, after the Stars won the Cup, they had a season ticket holder party at the Ballpark in Arlington and all of the players were there signing. Got a ton of signatures from the 99 champs there.

FWAppraiser
AG
This, and The Athletic ran an article where they ranked teams based on off-season improvement to the roster. The Stars were #1 there too. Is it October yet?
Grapesoda2525
Looks like another great year in store if they can just avoid the injury bug as much as possible.

I'd like to see someone knock Dumba out this season.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
The Dallas Stars preseason game in Cedar Park at the HEB center. Anyone going? Tickets are $50 and up. Sept 24. We are still waiting for the kid's game schedule to come out to see if we can go!
FWAppraiser
AG
Strongly considering. Trying to convince the wife we should go the Auburn game Saturday and Cedar Park on Sunday. Guess we'll see...
micahb2002
AG
Just grabbed a single for opening night on the first level for $145 in 121 plus Ticketmaster extortion. Ten game package looks good, too. There are still some great singles for opening night on the first level.
Grapesoda2525
Why are we #1 in the west power rankings? Is it the new center from the predators?
micahb2002
AG
We finished #2 last year and had a few amazing upgrades.
FWAppraiser
AG
Yep. Last year's finish and then you upgrade your forward group (Duchene & Smith is a pretty significant upgrade over Domi & Glendening). You're also getting Harley solidified in the lineup over Miller. Another huge upgrade.

Athletic did a piece and project +15.7 goal differential.
FWAppraiser
AG
3 years is a lifetime in hockey.
FWAppraiser
AG
Benn brothers back together again?

Jordie attended at least one of the playoff games this past season (forget which one). My oldest spotted him, yelled out "Jordie!" and caught his attention. So he came over, said hello and took a picture with him. Pretty cool of him.
hoosier-daddy

micahb2002
AG
FWAppraiser said:

3 years is a lifetime in hockey.

Kiviranta will find a home. He is a very responsible Finn.
Chapa96
AG
Get your tickets!!!

FWAppraiser
AG
Team is back in town and working out in Frisco. Training camp starts in 16 days!

Grapesoda2525
FWAppraiser said:

Team is back in town and working out in Frisco. Training camp starts in 16 days!

Bring on the preseason
hoosier-daddy
So I'm looking over the schedule to do ticket exchanges to games where I can bring the kids (weekend afternoon games).

There is only 1 Sunday game all season and it's New Years Eve.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I noticed the ticket exchange is a bit restricted this year. Guess it should have been expected with the sell out of that many more sections. What section are you in?
hoosier-daddy
Yeah I had the same experience. I ended up not making any exchanges due to lack of Sunday games and lack of availability.

I'm in 311 first row of the upper level. Had top row for years right under the press box. Top row is great because you can stand and you have the tvs overhead showing the Bally's feed. You can see all the replays they dont show in the arena. Unfortunately the resale value on the first row of the section vs the back row is about double. So I reluctantly moved up a couple years ago!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Right on! I didn't get any exchange down either, but I'm going to reach out to our rep and see what he can do.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
If anyone is interested in the preseason games, I have 2 for each game and can not make it due to work travel. Will let an Ag have them at cost. Section 114.
FWAppraiser
AG

A lot of talk about Stankoven and Bourque (deservedly so), but Bichsel is the next big defenseman (literally and figuratively) to come out of the Stars system. Depending on how this season goes in Cedar Park, we may be seeing him in Dallas next season.
Cappo
AG
Chapa96 said:

Get your tickets!!!

do season tickets apply?
Chapa96
AG
Cappo said:

Chapa96 said:

Get your tickets!!!

do season tickets apply?

Dont know. Supposed to use a certain link to get the promotions.
FWAppraiser
AG
They just started a new season ticket holder store, "The Victory Club Vault". Supposed to give you access to promotional items, although at a cost (discounted). They have the A&M cross branded scarf from one of the old college nights and said more stuff will be added theoughout the season. I would assume you would get the promotion with your tickets, but if not, that's an option.

If anyone wants a scarf, they're $10. Let me know and I'll order some.
PuroAg07
AG
I would like one!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Dang it... Won't be able to go to Aggie night either. Work schedule sucks so far this fall.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I would love a scarf!!!
aggie98infl
AG
I'd like a scarf too!
Roll the Bones
AG
I'd like a scarf also, please and thank you!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
You can send my invoice to Burdizzo via PM.
FWAppraiser
AG
On nights like tonight, I'm so thankful that hockey season is almost here.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
#facts
TwoTimeAg
AG
Chapa96 said:

Cappo said:

Chapa96 said:

Get your tickets!!!

do season tickets apply?

Dont know. Supposed to use a certain link to get the promotions.
In the past, the college night promotions did not apply to season ticket holders, and you had to purchase your tickets via the specific link in order to be eligible
Last Page
Page 2 of 222

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.