*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

466,256 Views | 7885 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Legal Custodian
GrapevineAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Danny Vermin said:

That was unbelievable. Was in the lower bowl about 10 rows up from our goalie and when that went in, it was an absolute mosh pit in our section. I despised the Red Wings so much back then.

I was up in the rafters between the blue lines and it was basically a mosh pit up there too, lol! I kinda miss Reunion Arena, but the AAC is good too.
FWAppraiser
AG
Reunion was notoriously an intimidating place to play. It was like the fans were right on top of the ice, and we were all lunatics. Fun times.
But the AAC is definitely nicer.
bagger05
AG
Also the ice was terrible. Maybe the worst in the league.

Another little advantage since the Stars were used to it.
FWAppraiser
AG
Those late May/early June playoff runs, the ice was slush.
micahb2002
AG
anyone needing to unload game 5 tickets to a good Ag? Even a single? I can hold your hand if you are a lady, or even if you are a guy for good enough seats.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Just needing 1?
All I do is Nguyen
WE TAKE BACK HOME ICE TONIGHT!!!

FWAppraiser
AG
Roope traveled with the team, and DeBoer says he expects him to play on the trip. Said he would have played Saturday if it was a Game 7. He'll take pregame skate tonight and will be a game-time decision. Dellandrea would obviously come out of the lineup.

Henrique may be back for Edmonton tonight as well. Will be interesting to see if they mix up their lines, even if he doesn't play.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I love that Roope is travelling except that I love Delly's youthful exuberance and wish he could play more.
micahb2002
AG
Yes
Roll the Bones
AG
How did I not know about this before? I stumbled across it last night while browsing YouTube. Suds with Luds - I love it!

If y'all want to relive some of the glory days, this was a really entertaining video. The stuff about Hatcher's hit on JR and subsequently going into the US Hockey HOF together was great.

It was also fascinating hearing Luds and Hatch talk about Bob Gainey and his personality, the way he communicated with them (or not, in the case of Hatcher getting the C)

Hope it brings good vibes to us all for tonight's game! Go Stars! BTHO everybody!
FWAppraiser
AG
I love various aspects of his game, and by all accounts he's a great kid. So I don't want this to come off like I'm doggin him.

BUT he just doesn't put the puck in the net. His shooting percentage was 3.8% this year and only had 7 assists. The puck deflecting off of him in the Vegas series aside, he is no offensive threat whatsoever. Only Hakanpaa (barely), Suter, and Lundkvist have a lower shooting percentage than he did. That's right, Esa Lindell has a higher shooting percentage than Ty. That's REALLY bad. Faksa & Smith were the closest forwards to being that bad, and they shot 9.9 & 9.8 this season for reference. And when you don't put up points, it shows up in your +/-. He was -10 on the season.

Dellandrea is a RFA this offseason, and I'm genuinely curious if the Stars are going to give him an offer or let him walk and try to start fresh somehwere else. He has a lot of tools to be a very good, every game NHLer, but I'm starting to think it's not in Dallas. Then again, every team needs a grinder. And he's still young...and cheap.

I DO like that DeBoer put him in for Faksa the other night. He gave that line an extra spark. It's clear he has some intangibles outside of goalscoring.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
That is a really great analysis and pretty much sums up how I feel. He grinds and has great attitude ehich makes me happy to see him play. but is not enough for playoffs.
PatAg
AG
Even if Hintz isnt really a big threat to score with whatever status his wrist is in, his speed, size and two way play have been missed greatly.
Jack Ruby
Gettin' close to game time. Between what the Mavs have done, please stars make this a great weekend.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Let's hope the new flag brings us some luck tonight!

My Mavs one has been flying for 3 weeks now.
shack009
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Why would you switch it up???
ChoppinDs40
AG
shack009 said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Truthfully I've been rotating between Mavs, rangers, come and take it, Texas flag for about 6 weeks.
micahb2002
AG
But glad to buy 2
micahb2002
AG
Yeah, I think it's a balance of trying to win without him so he is best in the finals.
shack009
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

shack009 said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

Truthfully I've been rotating between Mavs, rangers, come and take it, Texas flag for about 6 weeks.

Fair enough. It's not a jinx if you stick to a pattern.
FWAppraiser
AG
Get with Prestige 1st, but if that falls through, there's a greater than likely chance I'll be out of town. If so, I'll gladly sell my two at cost.
FWAppraiser
AG
Roope is warming up.
FWAppraiser
AG
Couple of interesting line combos in warmups:

Robertson-Hintz-Seguin
Marchment-Duchene-Pavelski
Benn-Johnston-Stankoven
Dadonov-Steel-Smith

Seems like a good way to spread the offense around a bit, and I could see any of those lines doing damage tonight.
Tksymm7
AG
HIP HIP….ROOPE!!!!!
Tksymm7
AG
The Duchy, Marchment Pavs line isn't my fav and is a major liability defensively, but if PDB likes it the others then there's nowhere else to put Pavs.
FWAppraiser
AG
Tksymm7 said:

there's nowhere else to put Pavs.

That's where I am. I wouldn't put him with Robo or Benn, so Duchene and Marchment makes sense. Hopefully with Duchy's speed and Mush's size, Pavs won't be too much of a liability and may even compliment them a bit.
All I do is Nguyen
Doing my usual sacrifice of not watching
Tksymm7
AG
May the lord be with you.
aggiefan09
AG
Ok have to admit the whole stadium singing the Canadian national anthem was kind of cool.
twilly
AG
HERE. WE. GO.
twilly
AG
Review that
DeangeloVickers
AG
Yikes
Tksymm7
AG
Awesome sequence by Suter
Out in Left Field
AG
****in Suter
First Page Last Page
Page 191 of 226

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.