****Track and Field 2023-2024****

67,662 Views | 473 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by AG75FYL
DoitBest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Just crazy that the SEC winner doesn't go to Boston, still a chance someone drops tonight & if not outdoor starts in a couple weeks ...GIG'EM
Lewist
taylorswift13_
The track team is in Peurto Rico right now on the spring break trip/meet! They flew out yesterday and will spend most of the week training and bonding there before competing on the weekend! I can't seem to find any info on the meet itself, but the team is posting much content of the athletes training and soaking up the sun!
gigem1966
18th Annual Carolina/PR Spring Break Classic (trackie.com)
taylorswift13_
Thanks for posting! Seems like a fun easy competition! But a trip to Puerto Rico seems fun!
gigem1966
You are welcome!
Please help me with this - why did Lamara continue to jump at 2.00 after her first time miss and Glenn made it on first try? Even if she cleared it she is still in 2nd, I really don't understand.
AG75FYL
I know passing at that point is what you are suppose to do, but I never did it. To me it was about staying in the game. For me in my mind it was easier to make the current height with 2 tries than the higher height with 2. If I survived, win the next height. But that was just me.
taylorswift13_
I wondered also! Attempting more than 2 meters may just be a mental thing, but maybe she believed she could clear 2 easily… I wonder what we'll see outdoors!!!
TRM
AG
Ts13, do you know if we ever gave Faith Franklin a look? Seems she could do much better than Vandy.
taylorswift13_
Yes we did! We were in her top group and she even took an official over here!! I assumed it was going to come down to A&M or Baylor, but I was caught off guard with Vanderbilt! She's a really really smart student so the academics part of Vanderbilt probably helped! She apparently just wanted to get out of Texas and relocate! At her signing ceremony she picked up the A&M hat and the crowd went wild before she ultimately put the Vandy hat on she's really good and ran most of last track season injured, I'll see her run next week and ask her coach how close were we to signing her by all accounts she loved her visit here
taylorswift13_
Watch her run the anchor on a sprint relay here, gets the baton down 20 meters and just cruises to the win

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3vA5gaACX9/?igsh=MWYyYjFjbWg3MWZnOQ==
taylorswift13_
On the heat sheets is a grad transfer Joshua Mather, a strong javelin thrower from Rutgers and Canada! Best throw of 237'5
Sodadude
AG
Some big performances yesterday.

Carter Bajoit with a 2.25m (7' 4.58"). Wow! That's a huge leap for him. Moves to #3 Aggie all-time.

Sam Hankins 77.95 (255' 9"). Moves to #3 Aggie all-time.

Kimar Farquharson 1:46.20 800m moves to #6 Aggie all-time.
Sodadude
AG
DoitBest
S

taylorswift13_
Track is meant to be done outdoors
taylorswift13_
I called it years ago, but I'm here for the downfall of the Texas relays the heat sheets for the college meet are pathetic and lots of top high schoolers skipping out! I remember people on here were arguing with me about how the Texas relays was the best meet ever! It's progressively declining and I'm here for it

It's still a solid high school meet but college and pro meet not even close… the meet where A&M will be at LSU will be infinitely more competitive
taylorswift13_
That being said a couple of my high schoolers will be throwing but I'll be throwing the horns down everywhere while mentioning to everyone how the meet sucks nowadays
DoitBest
S
taylorswift13_ said:

… the meet where A&M will be at LSU will be infinitely more competitive
Teams scheduled to be there this weekend;

Alabama, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, St. Norbert, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Georgia
taylorswift13_
Texas Relays more like the junior college relays
DoitBest
shady
AG
We finally got an update from Henry about Asinga today. Not sure if it means he may be able to run this year or not.

"We have a young man that the world of athletics is keeping out of competition. They are the governing body of our sport. The NCAA follows them. Issam Asinga is going through a situation with them. I think it will be positive, but we're seeing when this ending to this issue is going to come up, and they keep stringing it out."
trackaggie76
AG
shady said:

We finally got an update from Henry about Asinga today. Not sure if it means he may be able to run this year or not.

"We have a young man that the world of athletics is keeping out of competition. They are the governing body of our sport. The NCAA follows them. Issam Asinga is going through a situation with them. I think it will be positive, but we're seeing when this ending to this issue is going to come up, and they keep stringing it out."
Just to clarify: the governing body is: "World Athletics"
taylorswift13_
As long as it ends the day before the sec meet, we have a great shot at being national champions lol! If he's been training then he'll contend for the 100/200 gold and have our 4x1 in the finals
shady
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

As long as it ends the day before the sec meet, we have a great shot at being national champions lol! If he's been training then he'll contend for the 100/200 gold and have our 4x1 in the finals

Yes...Asinga would make our mens team a legit NC contender.
blommy
Anybody know what's happened to John Baker, our long jump transfer from Arkansas? He was jumping pretty well the first part of the indoor season, but hasn't competed in several weeks.
DoitBest
S

DoitBest
S

taylorswift13_
Awesome
taylorswift13_
I love to follow the event rankings

On the men's side we are number 1 in the 400/800 and number 2 in the 110 hurdles and 400 hurdles but should move to 1 in the 400 hurdles soon

On the women's side we are number one in the jav, but Nebraska can push us for that! And 2nd in the 400 and with Lamara should be 1 in high jump
hurdlenut
According to his Instagram page, soph Aggie multi's performer Landon Helms will begin in late July a two year Mormon mission in Columbus, Ohio. You will be missed and BEST OF LUCK!
box65
AG
Does anyone know for sure that Issam Asinga is currently enrolled at and attending Texas A&M right now? And ,if so, what is the status of his provisional suspension for using a banned drug? This has been going on since last summer. Does he ever get a hearing? i have been looking on line and I can't find anything. Does anyone know where to look? TAYLOR CAN YOU HELP SHED ANY LIGHT/
shady
AG
Yes...he is in school and working out with the team. He has been in some of the social media shots.

Henry said 2 weeks ago we are waiting on a ruling by the governing body and he thinks it will be positive but it has drug out way longer than expected.
taylorswift13_
hurdlenut said:

According to his Instagram page, soph Aggie multi's performer Landon Helms will begin in late July a two year Mormon mission in Columbus, Ohio. You will be missed and BEST OF LUCK!
25 year old super senior Landon Helms will be unstoppable
box65
AG
shady said:

Yes...he is in school and working out with the team. He has been in some of the social media shots.

Henry said 2 weeks ago we are waiting on a ruling by the governing body and he thinks it will be positive but it has drug out way longer than expected.
Thanks a lot! Very hard to find any kind of updates in the news. Did Pat hint about how soon?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.