****New Mexico Collegiate Classic Indoor track Meet 2023****

3,130 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Look Out Below
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Live scoreboard through milesplit

MileSplit Live Results
taylorswift13
AG
Finally some normalcy!
taylorswift13
AG
8.20 for Jaiya Covington
taylorswift13
AG
And a solid 8.33 for G'auna Edwards in the hurdles as well!
taylorswift13
AG
Hadn't seen Connor Schulman run a 7.75! But that still wasn't enough for finals, wow!
taylorswift13
AG
Maci Irons finally gets a breakthrough with a huge PR of 49'4.5 to place 11th in the shot put
taylorswift13
AG
Julien Alfred goes 7.00 in the 60
taylorswift13
AG
Out of nowhere! 3:02.98 for our 4x400 men! Need splits ASAP! WOW WOW WOW WOW!
triniaggie
AG
I am trying to find the split as well.
Waiting on our social media to post
triniaggie
AG
Ladies run 3.28.85 in the 4x400
taylorswift13
AG
What an awesome time for out ladies! I want splits asap!
taylorswift13
AG
But we'll probably have to wait till tonight
triniaggie
AG
Yeah ladies went 1 second faster than last week. This week we had Tierra back.
Interestingly Jania Martin hasn't run any individual events yet but is doing good split on the 4x400. I guess she might be running the 200m this season.
Camille Rutherford has been disappointing so far in both sprints. A 7.29 sprinter now running 7.50s. Maybe she is struggling with injuries as Semira
taylorswift13
AG
Our 4x400's run so well and our track team has posted once on Twitter in the past 3 hours, about shot put and they haven't posted on Instagram since 7 hours ago… we have the worst social media team in the nation… for a meet that wasn't free to watch or with quality live results, they have let us down…
triniaggie
AG
Arkansas have already posted the results on twitter of their 4x400 relays. LSU have actually shown some of the races on their twitter account
triniaggie
AG

triniaggie
AG

taylorswift13
AG
Erich Hemphill and Demarco Escobar! The fantastic freshman duo! Wow! These guys will keep A&M in this race or at the top for next 4 years!!!
taylorswift13
AG
Wade stepped up big time and had a great weekend! Arnold is turning into our leader!
triniaggie
AG
If we can get two seconds faster we can be in line for the title.
I think Robinson and Ashton can go faster.
Zamzow and Etiwe have been disappointing so far.
Let see if Hanson get fit enough to compete this indoors.

Not much improvement in the sprint and hurdles and it does seem at this time we are in any possible qualifying position. The NCAA is loaded in sprint and hurdles and we are just not there yet.
Guest Commenter
I think you are right. Auhmad will get faster with Ashton. They went from around 14th in the nation to the top 2. Our defending men will have their hands full though as I fully expect Florida men to put up a blistering time. You recall the fastest ever 4x400 in world history was at our old facility. This year's NCAA will break it.

Arkansas men won this race with a new World Record eclipsing A&M's old world record by .3 sec. A&M now have the 2nd fastest World time and the 3rd fastest collegiate time. Arkansas last leg ran unbelievably fast and pulled away from Ashton with way too much speed. He is on another level. We don't have anybody with that kind of speed. We were 1 1/2 steps behind going into the last lap and Bailey of Ark blew it open with I presume a 44 leg split. The difference in their victory was nearly 2 full seconds. Florida will probably break their school record and perhaps the world record when they go against the SEC championships.

We will do unexpectedly well to approach our old record of 3:01.39 but we have a shot and a shot at the podium. Unless these reserves can bring some foot speed we may be having to settle for a well done 3rd place at NCAA which I didn't even think it would be possible with the way these guys were running this year. Congrats to DeMarco as he held his own and didn't lose ground. Had no idea it was a 45 leg. Hemphill ready to go sub 45 split too! Proud of these guys as we sat hoping they would qualify last week to going to the #2 position on NCAA lists! Kudos!!

TFRRS POSTED: Altitude adjustment keeps A&M with World Record !! 7:19pm
taylorswift13
AG
Zach Davis jumps 17'9.75 and Jack Mann gets over 17'0 again
taylorswift13
AG
Sondre Guttorsmen of Princeton jumps 19'4.25 / 5.90 Zach Bradford of Tech goes 19'1.5/ 5.83
triniaggie
AG
What you all think about both men and women relay order from yesterday? They both did extremely well but are their option for some rotation. Maybe

For me, Auhamad Robinson and Jermaisha Arnold could run later legs maybe third or fourth legs sine they are probably our best quartermilers at this time.

If I could get Jania Martin out quickly with her 200m speed I would use the order Jania Martin, Robinson-Jones, Kennedy Wade and Jemaisha Arnold.

On the men side it all depends on if Hanson is fit to run this indoor season. Hanson has good 200m speed and can start. I know we try Hemphill starting and it didn't work out but somehow I would keep Hemphill and Robinson for later legs. Ashton hasn't done well starting off for us. The order yesterday ran extremely well for 3.02.98 but we need a someone who can probably split 44 on the anchor to be competitive.

Right now Arkansas are favourite for both relays. they are loaded on the women side. their B team ran 3.30 yesterday. A male Arkansas quartermiler is currently no 1 in the NCAA with 45.06
Guest Commenter
I like your take on Jania starting us out. Last year the A&M men won from the 1st heat - lol. The beef-heads in heat 2 ran themselves out of the race trying to get the pole position. The top teams were in that heat but ran 2 sec slower than seasonal bests.

It has been Henry's MO indoors to start his fastest leg out the block. His philosophy is to get clear of the meat race out the block and make the others beat you on the curves and straightaways; if you have the speed and if you can get past the leader. i.e. don't forget Fred Kerley led us off that World record year.

With this mindset you don't have to be the fastest team but sometimes the smartest approach is to clear yourself and make the other teams take themselves out of the race trying to pass through congestion(over exertion, dropped batons, interference).

As such I like Ashton as last leg right now since he appears to be the slowest; give him as much clearance and tell him to make it difficult for anyone to pass shallow. Same with the girls - I like Jermaisha starting us out for the same reason as she(like Auhmad) are our fastest sprinters at this point.

Georgia, Tech, Florida, LSU, & Ark have so many legs with good speed that I wouldn't mind us going into NCAAs with a 5th seed or lower so we can run a cleaner race uninhibited by the meat heads. I certainly don't like our chances in the same heat with Georgia and Florida. For outdoor season none of this matters.
TRM
AG
Fred wasn't on the world record crew in 2018, he was already a pro. It was Izu, Grant, Dixon, and Mylik, but Fred did start running earlier legs, I believe it was predominantly the 2nd leg, the previous year so Dixon wasn't bottled up with traffic.
Guest Commenter
That is correct; I stand corrected once again from our historical board factualist ! Where would I be without you TRM? "Wrong" of course - LOL
triniaggie
AG
Interesting fact is that the 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores ran 3.02.98.
Never count out a Pat Henry 4x400 relay
Look Out Below
AG
Everyone on that relay is essentially freshmen or sophomores.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.