*****UCI World Tour 2023*****

2,903 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by wangus12
KCup17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's get it started! All your cycling updates in a central location. From CX to Road races post anything and everything. The Tour Down Under is our first official race of the season. Looking forward to an exciting season and some intense battles between the World's elite. We may possibly have the strongest World Championships field we've seen in years as this years edition falls in early August in Glasgow.

Hoping to see the future of American cycling on full display!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!
Giggem
AG
Thanks for the start!
Big Cat `93
AG
EF Education has gotten the season off to an interesting start with their new kit, including different colored socks.
KCup17
AG
I actually really love those kits. At least they did away with their green pants from a season ago. They always have a really good Giro kit too.

Also Bettiol of EF Education First won the opening Prologue in the TDU. What was interesting was that none of the riders used a time trial bike. I wonder if that was due to the short length of the course but it struck me as odd.
Big Cat `93
AG
Yeah, pink and green just don't go together.

Cavendish finally sighed with Astana. Or it was finally announced, one or the other.
KCup17
AG
Derail from UCI content... has anyone done either Unbound Gravel or Leadville 100?
Giggem
AG
Haven't done either, but have entered the lottery for Unbound 2023. Will see if I get in...
KCup17
AG
Almost did that today but couldn't get over paying the $225 for registration. I do have a goal of doing an organized century gravel ride this year though.
Giggem
AG
Looking WAYYY ahead, I just noticed that 2024 TdF will, for the first time ever, start in Italy and, for the first time ever, not end in the vicinity of Paris. Due to the Paris Summer Olympics, it'll end in Nice, apparently with a competitive TT stage as the final stage. Fascinating !

Big Cat `93
AG
That TT will be even more interesting if the wind's blowing off the Med.
Big Cat `93
AG
WorldTour team kits 2023 - The definitive ranking

This is good stuff. Especially the comments from the writer's mom.
KCup17
AG
Neilson Powless of EF wins his first GC yesterday with his 1s win in the Etoile de Besseges.
KCup17
AG
Matteo Jorgenson won stage 3 of the Tour of Oman yesterday. He is currently leading the overall with a single stage left!
KCup17
AG
Jorgenson wins GC in the Tour of Oman by 1 second.

Maybe this is the year of American cycling?
Big Cat `93
AG
Dang! Very well could be.

BTW, NBC/Peacock reupped with the TdF for 6 more years. I'm not going to gripe about all the commercials because beggars can't be choosers.
KCup17
AG
The Classics are upon us!
KCup17
AG
Less than 15 km to go in Strande Bianche and Quinn Simmons from Trek and an American is in the chase group that's 13 secs down from the leader. Tom Pidcock of Ineos is in front.
Giggem
AG
Nielson Powless with a really good performance to take Polka Dots on stage one of Paris-Nice
KCup17
AG
With the USA road championships over this weekend it means that the Tour de France is officially les than a week away. Looking forward to seeing a few Americans and 1 Houstonian in particular light it up in France this year.

Excited to see if Jonas can keep Tornado Tadej from getting his revenge and winning this years Tour. Should be a good one though.
Big Cat `93
AG
Stage 1 of La Vuelta is on Peacock right now. It's a TTT. In Barcelona. In the rain.
Big Cat `93
AG
And now, in the dark.
Pignorant
AG
Sepp Kuss wins La Vuelta Stage 6.
Big Cat `93
AG
He blew the doors off of that breakaway.
Big Cat `93
AG
Killer TT by Sepp to keep the red jersey.
Pignorant
AG
Wow, Kuss might win the Vuelta.
Big Cat `93
AG
Still in the lead after the Angliru, no thanks to his two teammates. Eight-second lead over JV.
10Aggie10
AG
I hope Pogacar trounces Vingegaard in next years Tour for what JV has done the last two days. Today, especially, he abandoned Sepp Kuss
Pignorant
AG
10Aggie10 said:

I hope Pogacar trounces Vingegaard in next years Tour for what JV has done the last two days. Today, especially, he abandoned Sepp Kuss

I tend to agree, although it is a bike race and there are big contract bonuses for winning grand tours.
Big Cat `93
AG
What is happening at Jumbo-Visma? Rogli and Vingegaard drop Sepp Kuss, but both say they want him to win

Mixed messaging much?
KCup17
AG
Yeah I've lost a lot of respect for the Jumbo Visma team after yesterdays antics. How many times has Sepp waited for Primoz or Jonas to them turn himself inside out for them?
wangus12
AG
Sepp wins it all. SO awesome for him. Couldn't happen to a better dude. Still very annoyed by Jonas and Primoz doing what they did. Sepp has been arguably the best domestique in the world over the last 5 years and their best asset in the TDF every year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.