***** 2021 SEC Outdoor Track & Field Championship *****

17,054 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coach's meeting should be on Tuesday, start lists out Wednesday, and the action starts Thursday.

https://www.flashresults.com/2021_Meets/Outdoor/05-13_SEC/

Day One Video

Day Two Video

Day Three Video
triniaggie
AG
Looking at the athlete list

On the men side
James Smith is listed for the 400m hurdles and 4x400
Dewitt Thomas finally listed to compete in the 400m hurdles
Clay, Dixon, Miller, Orange and Norris all listed in the 800m
Jace Comick is out

On the women side
No Syaira Richardson
Mu is listed in the 400m together with Young, Robinson Jones, Jaevin Reed and Laila Owen
Annie Fuller doing the 5000m and 10000m
Tyra is listed in four events Long Jump, Heptathlon,100 Meter Hurdles, High Jump
Acquah, Zhane Smith, Milton also in the long jump
Acquah, Stevenson, Brown and Distin in the Triple jump
Sprinters are Aliu, Hall, Logan and Smith
Short Hurdlers are Robinson, Thorpe and Milton
taylorswift13
AG
I wonder why Comick is out! And also a bummer not to see Syaira running yet, but I think her time still stands to qualify to regionals! Great to see James Smith and Dewitt Thomas out there, I'm really excited to see how Thomas does after a not jumping over them in race since 2019! I wonder if Annie Fuller has been training for the 10k all season?? Going to be a great fun meet, also interesting to see Tyra in 3 open events and the heptathlon lol! I hope on the girls side we can accumulate a lot of points in the jumps, thankfully Stevenson and Brown jumped well last weekend!
taylorswift13
AG
Also William Petersson is not competing in the javelin! Has been having a shaky year year after a dominant 2019! I hope he's okay, at full health he's a threat to score nationally!
taylorswift13
AG
I wonder if we see Mu running the 800 again, it seems best strategically to have her run the 400 at nationals!
taylorswift13
AG
Also interesting to note... Waleed Sulliman of Ole Miss and Eliud Kipsang of Alabama (distance runners) are scheduled to run the 800! They have gone 1:47.00 and 1:47.20 respectively! They are going to make our guys work for it as they are strong and have excellent endurance! If anything it'll push our 800 guys even further! Miller and Orange should go 1:47 or lower, hopefully Dixon will show everyone that the 800 still goes through him!
Look Out Below
AG
Comick pulled up during a meet a few weeks ago. Probably still recovering from that.
taylorswift13
AG
Awe man that's rough! Thankfully Martin looked good this past weekend! Will be interesting to see what order the guys will run in on the 4x100, I think Achane is locked in at the 2nd leg, but the anchor is not definite!
Look Out Below
AG
Can't go wrong with any of them. That group they trotted out last weekend can be very competitive. Three 10.1 windy guys and a 20.4w guy.
triniaggie
AG
I notice Anna Hall is only listed in the Heptathlon and not the high jump
triniaggie
AG
Tyra's possible schedule on Friday if she is indeed doing the individual 100m hurdles

Heptathlon Long Jump 2.35 pm
Heptathlon Javelin 3.45 pm
Heptathlon 800m 4.45 pm

Women Long Jump 4.30 pm
Women 100m hurldes 6.15 pm
taylorswift13
AG
Tyra is literally signed up for a decathlon lol! What a feat it'll be if she does indeed do 10 events this weekend!
triniaggie
AG
Start list

startlist.pdf (flashresults.com)
taylorswift13
AG
Do you know if finals qualifying is going off top prelim times or the winners of heats? Some pretty good lane draws for us! Devin Dixon and Waleed Sulliman is going to be a fun prelim to watch tomorrow!
triniaggie
AG
I assume it would be similar to previous championships

This is based on the last Outdoor championship in 2019

Start list: Men 800 M (Prelims)

9 Advance: Top 2 Each Heat Plus Next 3 Best Times

Start list: Men 200 M (Prelims)

9 Advance: Top 1 Each Heat Plus Next 4 Best Times

Start list: Men 400 M Hurdles (Prelims)

9 Advance: Top 2 Each Heat Plus Next 3 Best Times
taylorswift13
AG
Thanks! And I like how our 800 guys are spread out! Gives them a good shot to qualify to the finals! Sucks Broome got lane 9 and that Boling is on the inside of Achane! Tierra Robinson Jones and Jaevin Reed got poor lane draws, but Mu chasing Talitha Diggs and in lane 5 should benefit her, and Young and Owens got great lane draws in that 400 race!
blommy
If needed, can times posted in this meet (prelims or finals) be used to qualify for the West Regional in two weeks?
TRM
AG
They can.
taylorswift13
AG
Events I'm most interested in as an Aggie and a track fan...
Men's 800: The Aggie trio of Devin Dixon, Carlton Orange, and Brandon Miller. I feel like they've been training since the summer for this very moment! And they'll be pushed by strong runners in Eliud Kipsang and Waleed Sulliman two of the top 1500 meter runners in the nation!

Women's Triple Jump: Deborah Acquah vs Jasmine Moore! This could be one for the ages and their 2019 battle indoors was a sight to see! I can see both girls in the high 46! I would love to see Lamara, Cinyamon, and Lajarvia all Pr which should get them to finals!

Women's Long Jump: Yet another war between Acquah and Moore, but Acquah is the more consistent long jumper here! Let's see if big meet Tyra shows up and goes 22! Zhane Smith if healthy can score here as well!

Men's 400 Hurdles: James Smith returns, Moitalel Mpoke keeps on improving, and Dewitt Thomas makes his much awaited debut! Sean Burrell of LSU will be tough to take down and there are a couple of guys who will be in the 49's but our crowd will get our guys going on the back stretch!

Women's 400: Athing Mu. Sub 50? I think so! Charokee Young goes sub 51 as well! We will push them along the Cushing straight to huge PR's and a record for Mu!

I'll be at the meet at 2:00 tomorrow hopefully and I'll update the thread here on Tyra's performance.
triniaggie
AG
LSU, Alabama and Florida already scored 13, 10 and 10 points in the first event ie the hammer throw
taylorswift13
AG
Not a great start for Tyra Gittens who only runs 13.47 in the 100 hurdles
taylorswift13
AG
Aggie02
AG
Anna Hall out at 1.77M on the high jump. Thats pretty low for her.
taylorswift13
AG
Aggie02 said:

Anna Hall out at 1.77M on the high jump. Thats pretty low for her.
Really low, that was rough for her. She was consoled by her parents in tears! If Tyra can keep going up she can really blow this one open!
triniaggie
AG
Added to which she is not competing in the women's individual high jump
taylorswift13
AG
Very interesting, maybe she's dealing with a minor injury!
taylorswift13
AG
Tyra with a huge clearance of 6'3.25
taylorswift13
AG
6'4.75 FOR TYRA GITTENS
taylorswift13
AG
Next bar is at 6'6
AG75FYL
Tyra got to be firing up everybody
AG75FYL
Got a protest in heptathlon shot and it hasn't even started. WTF
AG75FYL
It's OK now. Someone at Flash Results must have pushed the wong button
taylorswift13
AG
Lol I saw that, must've been an error! They've split the girls in two heats to be competes in two rings should go by super fast and give them time to rest up before the 200
taylorswift13
AG
Tyra only goes 39'3 in the shot put! Ball was slipping off her hand until her final throw where she scratched a huge throw around the 44 range
taylorswift13
AG
Huge time of 23.43 for Tyra Gittens in the 200! Still ahead of pace to break her own collegiate lead!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.