Michael Johnson Invitational Track meet 2021

4,074 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SA68AG
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Start List and Result link

https://tf.deltatiming.com/baylor/2021-michael-johnson-invitational
taylorswift13
AG
Lots of interesting stuff from the heat sheets! Glad to see Athing Mu will be pushed by some pros in Olivia Baker and Kendra Chambers... so we should expect a sub 2:00 time around 1:58 hopefully! Brandon Miller, Allon Clay, and Carlton Orange will be pushed in the 800 by not only each other but by Pro Michael Saruni and Tech's Heidielli! They should all PR! Aliu and Martin are still out on the girls side so we won't be full strength there but Laila Owens and Zhane Smith will be sprinting! Acquah won't be competing either but Lamara Distin will only be doing the triple jump so hopefully she can get into the high 43's there! Deadmon will be chasing Deon Lendore in the 400 so hopefully he can run a good race after resting a few weeks! Former Aggie Shelbie Vaughn will make her season debut in the Women's Discus! Overall it's going to a great meet for us Ags! Many pros will be racing as well! A bummer I won't be able to attend but I'll be here updating after each event!
Cramp00
my apologies, my memory seems to have failed me
Pahdz
Sodadude
AG
Cramp00 said:

they named a meet after the disgraced steroid cheater? baylor gonna baylor.

I think you are confused. He's not a disgraced steroid cheater.
taylorswift13
AG
Lol I can't wait to attend the Tyra Gittens Invitational or the Athing Mu Invite! Or we can name them all Pat Henry Invitationals or just name the stadium after him
Pahdz
Ben Johnson Michael Johnson...it's just semantics right?
taylorswift13
AG
Sam Hankins placed third in the javelin throwing 211-09 and William Petersson places 5th throwing 201-06! Both below their PR's... hopefully Petersson can return to form around Conferenfe because his PR is 231!
taylorswift13
AG
Tyra Gittens with a nice toss of 128'9 or 39.24 in the javelin! 1500 up next followed by the 5000
taylorswift13
AG
Gavin Hoffpauir with a huge 6 second Pr in the 1500 to go 3:52! Annie Fuller in the 5000 up next!
taylorswift13
AG
Annie Fuller placed third in the 5k with a huge time of 16:27! It was a slow race so the time is respectable!! She can easily drop that down!
taylorswift13
AG
Huge PR by Freshman Pablo Zolezzi in the discus! Threw 169-9! More than a 6 foot PR! I really like the trajectory of this young man! Similar or a little ahead of Josh Brown as a freshman who is throwing really well now!
taylorswift13
AG
Live results are all over the place, frozen in some areas and slow in others, but Athing Mu and the other 800 runners should run anytime now!
taylorswift13
AG
Zhane Smith scratches twice and has a weak jump to miss the long jump finals! Taryn Milton goes 19-4 to advance
Z3phyr
taylorswift13 said:

Live results are all over the place, frozen in some areas and slow in others, but Athing Mu and the other 800 runners should run anytime now!

Invite 800 is later this evening: https://baylorbears.com/documents/2021/4/14//2021_Final_MJ_Invitational_Schedule_.pdf?id=17350
taylorswift13
AG
Thanks, I assumed the invites were only the last heat, but it seems some events have two premiere races?!?!?! Field events are taking forever to update! I don't like this live results format!
taylorswift13
AG
Wow, none of the girls from our top ranked Triple Jump team advanced to finals! Lamara Distin fouls out, Cinyamon Stevenson fouled her first two, and Lajarvia only got to 39-10! 40-6 would have made the finals and all of our girls missed out! I keep hoping one of these meets will be their wake up call, but on to the next
triniaggie
AG
Outside of Acquah and Gittens I am not really expecting too much from the other jumpers (Long and triple). Too inconsistent and you cannot rely on them to secure points
taylorswift13
AG
triniaggie said:

Outside of Acquah and Gittens I am not really expecting too much from the other jumpers (Long and triple). Too inconsistent and you cannot rely on them to secure points
Me too unfortunately, I was holding out so much hope to get some points out of Stevenson cause I know she has 44+ in her but a lot of the 5th year seniors on the girls side haven't been able to produce like they once used too! I'm still rooting for them, but it'll be hard to count on them to be consistent especially when given 3 jumps at the national prelims!
taylorswift13
AG
Sean Clarke no shows in the pole vault and Zach Davis misses 3 attempts at the opening height. Michael Schmuhl clears 16'3 and is on to 16'11. Rough day for our jumps crew
taylorswift13
AG
45.16 for our women 4x100 not sure who ran but Immanuela Aliu was not listed again!
TRM
AG
Men run 40.71.
TRM
AG
Lamara fouled then passed the next 2 jumps.
triniaggie
AG
It seems that conditions are less than ideal for track and field. Lots of no shows
taylorswift13
AG
Oh that explains it, sorry I'm just reading off the live results page! Hopefully she's okay!
taylorswift13
AG
Summer Thorpe finally getting back to form and running a 13.19 in rough conditions!! Great for her, hopefully she can continue to build on this! Kennedy Smith was a DNF
TRM
AG
I can understand it's less than ideal (rainy, cool, windy), but other athletes have to deal with it. You never know what conditions you'll have to encounter at Regionals/Prelim or Finals. Two or three years ago there was that lightning delay at regionals. UH ran their CR in the 4x1 on a wet track. Now is the time to figure out what you need to do so you can make things work and get a good enough time to advance.

Full disclosure, I ran 13 miles in the rain this morning testing out my new rain shell, so I'm already inclined not to feel bad for them.
taylorswift13
AG
I think it's more of a precaution to not risk injury! And lol I'd run straight back home it it was raining on me
TRM
AG
Sometimes you just got to suck it up. I don't run fast enough to risk injury though.
taylorswift13
AG
Charokee Young was a DNS! Seems like all the pros are scratching from the races as well!
TRM
AG
FYI, Laird ran a 10.06 earlier today and Boling ran a 20.43 yesterday.
taylorswift13
AG
Devin Dixon 47.23
taylorswift13
AG
TRM said:

FYI, Laird ran a 10.06 earlier today and Boling ran a 20.43 yesterday.
Yeah seems like a slow time for Boling and that's cause he didn't win either! Gotta go watch that race!
TRM
taylorswift13
AG
1:57
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.