Texas A&M team Invitational Track Meet April 9-10 2021

3,391 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by oklaunion
triniaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Final Schedule and Start List available

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/tamu.sidearmsports.com/documents/2021/4/8/Texas_A_M_Team_Invitational_Meet_Schedule_and_Start_List.pdf

No Devon Achane, Bryce Deadmon, James Smith, Jania Martin, Immanuela Aliu, Madubuike, Mustin, Mu (relay only), Young (relay only)

The focus is on the 800m. All 6 our 800m guys in the 800m race.

Tyra doing the heptathlon with a small field of 6 athletes
taylorswift13
AG
I was hoping to see a full roster on our home track, but that's okay! That 800 will be spectacular to watch! Also bummed no one will be pushing Tyra so I hope she can have a great day regardless! Hopefully Aliu is okay, since she's also out of the relay, and Arkansas is loading up theres! Should a great 4x400! Laila Owens will be pushed in the 200 and Syaira in the 400 by Arkansas girls!
triniaggie
AG
Some of our athletes would have scratched before the final start list was posted.
Deadmon was entered in the 200
Achane in the 100m and 200m
Imamanuela Aliu in 200m

https://results.flashresults.com/2021_04-09_TAMUInvitational/athleteListWomen.htm

https://results.flashresults.com/2021_04-09_TAMUInvitational/athleteListMen.htm
Look Out Below
AG
A lot of those people have done a lot of work the last few weeks. I'd bet you see almost all of them at the next home meet.

This weekend is all about Tyra Gittens and that ladies 4x400 relay going head-to-head with Arkansas.
taylorswift13
AG
Agreed! Hopefully our female hurdlers can get out a fast time too! In the lower 13's and Summer Thorpe can get a good race under her! As well as our 800 guys pushing each and being pushed by the crowd! There's a good chance we see all 4 guys 1:48 or hopefully lower!
taylorswift13
AG
A HUGE 13.14 100 METER HURDLE TIME FOR TYRA GITTENS! Over the wind limit thought, but still a great sign!
taylorswift13
AG
Tyra Gittens only clears 5'11 skipping 6'0 and missing three attempts at 6'2.75
triniaggie
AG
Nice PR by Josh Brown of 56.72/186-1 in the Discus throw
taylorswift13
AG
Tyra Gittens runs a fantastic .5 second PR of 23.33 in the 200! After poor showings in the high jump and shot put! Tyra finished the day with 3869 points! Glad she's improved in her speed, it's going to be a great outdoor season for her!
taylorswift13
AG
triniaggie said:

Nice PR by Josh Brown of 56.72/186-1 in the Discus throw
THATS a great throw for Josh! Hopefully he can get around 190!
triniaggie
AG
Nice 2.15m/7-1/2 clearance by Carter Bajoit
taylorswift13
AG
Thought this was pretty cool
triniaggie
AG
It's crazy that Tryra would qualify for NCAA in the heptathlon and qualify for regionals in 4 events - 100 hurdles, 200m, long jump and high jump
triniaggie
AG

Anna Hall has 4571 points after 5 events with Javelin and 800m to go

1 Anna Hall
Georgia [FR]

100m H
13.64 (2)

High Jump
1.88 (1)

Shot Put
11.27 (5)

200m
23.91 (1)

Long Jump
6.03 (1)

4571 (1)
taylorswift13
AG
Yeah I posted earlier that Hall has a better chance beating Tyra outdoors than indoors cause she is better at the javelin. Hall will probably be around 6100-6200 with that score, and Tyra around 6100 as well, depending on if she can get a good javelin throw out there! But with Tyra's 200 and 100 hurdles improving, I think if Tyra got around 45 in the shot put and 6'2 in high jump she should take her down! It's going to be crazy close to watch!
taylorswift13
AG
Also interesting to note, the wind is still going strong here in College Station so even if our sprinters have a good time, their races may be over the legal wind limit and not count.
triniaggie
AG
I believe for qualification wind reading up to 4.0 m/s is accepted but up to 2.0 m/s is legal wind for personal best and meet records
taylorswift13
AG
On her first jump Tyra Gittens goes 21-6! Should qualify her to national preliminaries! Zhane Smith went 21-2 and Deborah Acquah went 21-1.25! Yesterday as well! That was a great jump for Zhane Smith!
triniaggie
AG
Zhane Smith fouled a big jump yesterday (further than her 6.45) as well. If she could eliminate the overstepping we could have three potential scorers in the long jump
taylorswift13
AG
Yeah she looks really different outdoors! Come nationals I could see Tyra over 22, Acquah and Smith a high 21! Combine that and two-three scores in the triple and we'll be in great shape!
taylorswift13
AG
Hall goes 6200 in the heptathlon! A great score that could win NCAA's most years! I think Tyra will be around the score possibly a little higher depending on the javelin! Hopefully one of the 5 other girls competing is a good 800 runner that can push Tyra! Thanks Triniaggie for pointing out Hall's performance so we could follow along!
triniaggie
AG
Tyra's PB in the Javelin is 41.10m so she has to throw about that or better to really beat Hall this season. Hall ran 2.10 in the 800m

Tyra is also chasing the Olympic qualification standard of 6400 points to qualify automatic for the Olympic games
triniaggie
AG
Jasmine Moore has jumped 6.83m in the long jump yesterday and 14.12m in triple jump so far today
taylorswift13
AG
triniaggie said:

Jasmine Moore jhas umped 6.83m in the long jump yesterday and 14.12m in triple jump so far today
wow that's a crazy PB in the long jump for her!
taylorswift13
AG
With a 2:28 run Tyra Gittens will score 6280, but after running that indoors, and being at home with friends and family cheering her on I think she can go 2:27 or 2:26! A 2:26 will put her at 6346! A 2:22 would put her pass the Olympic Standard! But that will easily come during the Confernce or Nationals as in this competition she was 5 feet under her PR in high jump and 3 feet under her shot put PR! She should be near 6450-6500 come nationals hopefully!
triniaggie
AG
Nice 6274 points for Tyra in the heptathlon.
No 7 best performance in College history
No 1 in NCAA in 2021
Texas A&M school record
Trinidad and Tobago National Record
TRM
AG
Acquah can go over 22 ft.
taylorswift13
AG
Spencer Simons Pr's with a pole vault leap of 16'7.25, Michael Schmuhl has a huge PR of 17'1! And Saen Clarke is still in the competition having cleared 17'9, a season best, will attempt 18-1 next
CollinAB
AG
I was freshman Caden Norris' coach in high school and his 1:51.9 in the 800m today has got me pumped. The kid's a grinder and he can do some big things in the coming years. Real excited by tonight.
Look Out Below
AG
I agree. He's eventually a sub-1:50 guy. No question. Not afraid about going up against those killers he ran against tonight either.
taylorswift13
AG
CollinAB said:

I was freshman Caden Norris' coach in high school and his 1:51.9 in the 800m today has got me pumped. The kid's a grinder and he can do some big things in the coming years. Real excited by tonight.
that's amazing! Caden has some real potential! If that was my athlete I'd be proud as well! Congrats Coach!
oklaunion
I was disappointed Clay dropped out at 500 meters. Dixon doesn't look synched up.
triniaggie
AG
A lot of the athletes didn't look good on the their home track. Maybe it is part of the process but the short hurdlers times were very slow, the Triple jumpers couldn't even jump over 13.0m. Outside a few athletes the home opener was mediocre and the athletes didn't use the home advantage and the positive wind.
It really sad to see how we are struggling in the women 4x100 especially since we have been dominant for many years. Hope Jania Martin is expected to run this outdoor season and Aliu is okay to help the 4x100 relay team.
Let's see how things unfold this week at Baylor.
taylorswift13
AG
Yeah the 800 was disappointing, the bright spot was Mpoke running 1:49! I was hoping 4 guys could go sub 1:48! Allon Clay and Devin Dixon led after the first lap and looked strong! I know Clay had been out 2 weeks prior to this week but he looked so great coming out of the first 200, it looked like he was ready to drop a crazy time! Then Dixon finally looked like his old self and took the lead going into 400 and when everyone else pushed he never seemed to increase his speed! For Devin's sake I really really hope he's been cruising it in these races and hasn't tried to go crazy fast cause I'm starting to worry a bit!

The 4x100's had its ups and downs! Zhane, Kaylah, and Laila looked really strong and we're leading Arkansas I believe going into the 4th leg but it was close. But without Aliu anchoring we fell apart at the end! I'm hoping Jania Martin can take over a leg as well! The guys had a poor poor handoff exchange between Ryan Martin and Lance Broom in exchange one and Martin did not get off to a great start! Thankfully Comick is looking like his old self and ran a really fantastic 3rd leg to hand it off to Yeboah! I feel Broome should have the start or a curve because he's a 200 guy but we will see! A Broome-Achane-Comick-Yeboah should be able to go low 38!

The triple jumpers were off! Lajarvia kept realigning her feet and moving up and down before taking off because I assumed she was afraid of fouling. And while in flight Stevenson looked very lackadaisical and just went through the motions instead of getting her butt under her! Lajarvia was stretching her ankle after the first 3 rounds.

The 4x400 was a bright spot and I believe only Charokee ran her best there! Syaira seemed tired from the open 400 and Robinson-Jones could have pushed it more at the end! Those girls could easily break 3:23 of 3:24 if Richardson and TRJ have their best days!

Great performances from the meet were Tyra Gittens bettering her school record in the heptathlon with only a PR in 2 out of the 7 events! Josh Brown going 186 in the discus, Sean Clarke vaulting 17'9, Lamara Distin high jumping 6'0 and just missing 6'1! Brandon Miller going 1:48:25 and Moitalel Mpoke running 1:49:07! Richardson looked great in the open 400 but no one ran a great time in a competitive final! On to Baylor!
triniaggie
AG
Yeah I really hope the hurdlers don't do like indoors where they started well and then faded as the season went on. Connor opened with 13.76 and has been slower and slower every week with 14.0 yesterday. Kaylah had a 13.17 at Texas relays and has been running 13.3 and 13.4 since then. To be any threat in the hurdles this year you gotta be at 13.00 seconds or under in the women and 13.5 or so in the men 110 hurdles
Yeboah ran 10.34 at Texas relays and has run 10.8 and 10.7 since then. Comick and Martin seems to be getting a little better in the 100m. I would like to see what Broome and Laila Owens can do in the 100m. They have been only running the 200m.
Zhane Smith ran 11.49 which isn't bad for a long jumper turn sprinter. I know she can definitely improve but to be a treat this season you have to run 11.20 and lower. The loss of Amber Ivy and Alicia Burnett this outdoor season is clearly evident. Unlike the men's 4x100 which are using 4-5 sprinters the women 4x100 is improvising with a hurdler and a long jumper. It seems like Jaevin Reed and Madubuike is really out of form. One of these could have stepped in and help the 4x100 as well.

Dewitt Thomas hasn't run the 400m hurdles yet only a couple of 400m with 47 and 48 seconds times. It is interesting to see what sort of times he will run in the 400m hurdles.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.