VB is now 4-0

6,058 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chapa96 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

This team is already done for postseason and we haven't even gotten to the spring ball yet.

I would suggest getting some needed reps in and hope you can replace the recruits you lost that were coming in 2021. Can't be for certain as to why they didn't stay committed but can't help to bring on two transfers that are sophomores at their positions.
I hope the team can rebound in the spring but as for NCAAs they lost that chance likely with first lost against Miss State. And the last three after that sealed the deal.
If you talking about the twins, they have signed with a historically black university. Maybe Howard. Not sure which one.
Yes, they chose Howard in DC. It isn't like they choose Texas Southern or Mississippi Valley St. or Grambling. They deemed Howard more prestigious than A&M.
sharpdressedman
Ga said:

They deemed Howard more politically appealing than A&M.
fifu
Divining Rod
It's nit important whether we beat Miss St or not, or Arkansas.

What's important is that they can use the volleyball time and court to better America by kneeling during the national anthem. THAT's the reason we gave them scholarships to
come here.

I hope that volleyball matches dont interfere
too much with their future plans.
Perhaps they can road trip it up to the nationsl chsmpionships where they can watch some really good, focused teams

Skull Session
So much for "unity" of focus!
Bucketrunner
Divining Rod said:

It's nit important whether we beat Miss St or not, or Arkansas.

What's important is that they can use the volleyball time and court to better America by kneeling during the national anthem. THAT's the reason we gave them scholarships to
come here.

I hope that volleyball matches dont interfere
too much with their future plans.
Perhaps they can road trip it up to the nationsl chsmpionships where they can watch some really good, focused teams

i can't blue star this enough. Women's basketball is headed down the same path, hell bent on destroying what Blair has built. Even if they field a good team this year, they have alienated a large portion of their fan base.
Gap
AG
Volleyball season has resumed. First up is two matches at South Carolina - one today and another on Thursday.
coloradoag69
AG
The ladies win their first spring series 3-1 versus USC. The first two games were relatively close and won by A&M. The third was a USC blowout, and the final an A&M blowout. So our team came out of the COVID break with a win on the road.

It's a good start for them after a disappointing finish in the fall. I'm not a volleyball expert, but it struck me that our serving was better than in the fall. We had few serving errors, and more aces than errors, although I don't know the count.

Gig 'em ladies.
Gap
AG
Nice to come out of the break with a win.

Any lineup changes since the Fall? Transfers in, transfers out, graduations, players winning jobs?
Wicked Good Ag
Not really for active roster on player movement

Destiny Cox transferred from UNC but i dont think is eligible

I think Jeter took over for Rush at RS
russaggie
AG
In the middle London Austin-Roark replaced Morgan Davis. Not sure if that is going to be a change that lasts throughout the spring. I didn't even notice Morgan on the bench. She had a pretty good fall season so that was kind of surprising.
Wicked Good Ag
I heard Morgan didn't make the trip but that may just be a rumor. And I would be shocked if it was disciplinary with her. SHOCKED so likely if she didn't make the trip either injury or illness which they would not disclose.
Wicked Good Ag
Aggies win the second match of the back to back against SC in 4
coloradoag69
AG
The ladies just completed their sweep of South Carolina, wining the match 3 - 1. I didn't see all of the match, but I think we dropped the first set before wining the final three.

USC is now 9-5 in the combined season, while A&M is now 6 - 4. It appears that USC was playing really well prior to these games, being in fourth place with a 9 - 3 record. It's apparent that Covid has played havoc with the schedule, as USC has played 14 matches while UT only 8.

Watching the game was rather difficult. For the single game that I was tuned in for, there was a single camera located behind the USC server. There was no game or match score banner, but the camera did look straight at the scoreboard. Of course, the scoreboard was so far away, you couldn't read which team was which, and you had to study the scoreboard to figure out where the game and set scores were. It was initially difficult to figure out which team was which, since you couldn't read the jerseys and the team colors are similar.

I guess the telecast was better than nothing, but not much.

However, we won, so gig'em.
Wicked Good Ag
Gap said:

Nice to come out of the break with a win.

Any lineup changes since the Fall? Transfers in, transfers out, graduations, players winning jobs?
Karly Basham the libero for the Fall 2020 season is no longer on the roster
flintdragon
AG
Wasn't a real ESPN broadcast like last night. Night and day difference.

Is it just me or were both teams kind of rusty? I only watched half of the last set in the previous game and a little of todays. Poor passing, poor digging on both sides. Sets also seem a little off.

I did feel tonight's game was better though so shaking off the rust.
mvegas
I noticed this as well. Anyone know what happened to Karly Basham?
Gap
AG
I'm really excited for our team to come out and get a road sweep to start the Spring.

After how they ended the Fall, it has to be a great feeling to immediately see the rewards of the work put in since then and see that the changes made were effective.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.