Is there an MMA Forum on TexAgs?

10,871 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Iowaggie
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm excited for Suga Show and Stipe! Should be a fun card.
i is smart
AG
Saint Pablo said:

I'm excited for Suga Show and Stipe! Should be a fun card.
Woodley vs. Luque could be an exchange of bombs. Hopefully Woodley will utilize his wrestling and get back in the W column. Luque has absolutely damaged people on his ascent though.
aggie0959
I enjoy watching Suga. Wondering if his glass feet are going to let him down for a third time.

I like Francis and enjoy watching him knock guys out, but I am in stipe's corner.
i is smart
AG
Just curious what you guys think. I personally love the Dagestan fighters and their abilities to drown their opponents, but I can see how they're tough to promote in regards to bringing new fans in.
i is smart
AG
1st nut shot comes in the Early Prelims.
Saint Pablo
Is Tyron Woodley done in the UFC?
aggie0959
I think so. I want to say his contract is up and add he and Dana are not fans of each other
Saint Pablo
Sad deal. He looked better tonight than his last couple fights.
aggie0959
There is went
aggie0959
Jones vs Francis
Saint Pablo
Damn that was a bummer.
Thunder18
AG
Ngannou
Saint Pablo
aggie0959 said:

Jones vs Francis
I hope Jon kicks his ass.
Thunder18
AG
Saint Pablo said:

aggie0959 said:

Jones vs Francis

Why?
Saint Pablo
Thunder18 said:

Saint Pablo said:

aggie0959 said:

Jones vs Francis

Why?
I like Jon a lot and was butthurt Stipe lost. Ngannou seems like a great guy though, I really don't dislike him.
Thunder18
AG
Fair enough. I like Stipe too and thought he would defend, but Ngannou is a monster and does have an incredibly compelling back story. It will be interesting to watch!
Saint Pablo
Thunder18 said:

Fair enough. I like Stipe too and thought he would defend, but Ngannou is a monster and does have an incredibly compelling back story. It will be interesting to watch!
Yeah that fight will be awesome. Could be the biggest ever!
Saint Pablo
Anyone have any interest in Ben Askren v Jake Paul?

Thunder18
AG
I hope Jake Paul gets killed, but since it's Askren and boxing I'm not going to hold my breath
Cappo
AG
Still sort of shocked by the Stipe fight
ramblin_ag02
AG
https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/31180731/khetag-pliev-suffers-severed-finger-match-undergoes-emergency-surgery

So a guy's finger came off in a fight. I can't even imagine how that could happen, much less how it could happen and the guy not know
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
i is smart
AG
I wish we could get more Ags in this thread, I know there's more MMA fans on TexAgs than this. How do y'all think the Thug Rose and Zhang fight will play out?

Going to go by Division (Men's): I'm doing my best to generate discussion. Go easy on me.

• Flyweight: Think Fig holds on to the title, but Moreno is a problem for him. I'm glad there's finally some challengers there.

• Bantamweight: Aljo is being dodgy, but that division is active and should be set-up for some major decisions for Dana and Co. come next Fall. Aljo is apparently getting some surgery done. No way they vacate the title from him like most fans want. I personally think Sandhagen easily dispatches of TJ and we see him face Yan for the title after he gets it back from Aljo. I'm not sleeping on Cody or Rob Font in that division. Of course TJ will remain in the discussion and I'll believe Cejudo comes back when I see it.

• Featherweight: I thought Max beat Volk in their last fight, but I'll digress. I'd like to see Max be next in line for the winner of Volk vs. Ortega I could see Zabit claiming the title at some point too.

• Lightweight: Dustin is chasing the bag for now, but I forsee him taking the belt within the year. I think he pieces up Conor again in July. I'd like to see some new blood enter the top 5 before the end of the year. I hate to admit it, but I hope Tony is done.

• Welterweight: Usman likely handles Gamebred again in a decision. Not sure what Colby is doing, but looking like Dana is setting up Usman Vs. Rocky IMO. Glad to finally see some activity in that division. I'm a sucker that absolutely loved the Diaz vs.Rocky match-up, but I feel like we see another doctor's stoppage... I wish Nate would knock him out.

• Middleweight: I don't see a legit contender for Izzy. Vettori didn't do anything to make me think he'd be a problem for Izzy. No way Till even has a chance against Izzy IMO.

• Light Heavyweight: No crazy opinions here. Don't see Glover, or anybody else dethroning Jan right now.

• Heavyweight: I realize Francis lost to Lewis, but I think he runs through both Lewis or Jones. I expect Dana to figure out Jones vs. Francis.

Saint Pablo
Hoping to catch tomorrow night's fight if I get home in time after the spring game. It would be nice to see Usman lose. Also want to see Schev*****o fight, she is a killer and must see TV.
Saint Pablo
Lol her name got censored.
aggie0959
ya i like jorge and bullet. i would love to see valentina vs nunes
aggie0959
oh ya

THUG ROSE!!!!
i is smart
AG
I got the following:

• Usman - I don't see what Gamebred does different to sway this.
  • Bullet - Andrade is tough, but Bullet can keep her distance and not get caught against the cage multiple times IMO.
  • Zhang - I want Rose to win, but I think Zhang has the gas tank to take this to a decision.

Looking forward to the Weidman fight. Cool story behind the history of him and Uriah.
jefe95
AG
The fans are back!!!! Bruce is amped. joe and DC are amped. First few fights have been great!
Ulrich
I don't think Grant won that fight.
Chase
AG
Ulrich said:

I don't think Grant won that fight.
Losing the last round and being so close to being submitted when it ended certainly makes it look like he might have lost and I was surprised, too, but after thinking about it, I did think he wont he first two rounds before the third began.

I think that third round was just so decisive that it sways the opinion.
Ulrich
I thought it was pretty even through two.
aggie0959
Crazy dead leg
aggie0959
Holy leg kick
Chase
AG
ARRRGGGHH!
jefe95
AG
Ho. Lee.

Wow

Theisman like.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.